TSR Q&A with Gary Gygax

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the multi-year Q&A sessions held by D&D co-creator Gary Gygax here at EN World, beginning in 2002 and running up until his sad pasing in 2008. Gary's username in the thread below is Col_Pladoh, and his first post in this long thread is Post #39.

Gary_Gygax_Gen_Con_2007.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Col_Pladoh

Gary Gygax
sluggo the sleazebag said:
Thanks, Gary. The whole thing sounds great. I look forward to its publication (as with the Hall of Many Panes).

I had hoped that the Hall of Many Panes would be hitting the shops soon, but the Trolls inform me that the art for the cover has not come in, so it looks like the launch of the boxed campaign-sized module will be winter-spring 2004. Such is the life of a game designer :rolleyes:

Cheers,
Gary

Col_Pladoh said:
I had hoped that the Hall of Many Panes would be hitting the shops soon, but the Trolls inform me that the art for the cover has not come in, so it looks like the launch of the boxed campaign-sized module will be winter-spring 2004. Such is the life of a game designer :rolleyes:

Cheers,
Gary
Well we wait a bit longer, but it is coming out and that is the best part :)
ken

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
Col_Pladoh said:

About the only good thing I can say about that is that perhaps my finances will have recovered enough to afford it then.

But of course, if it came out now, I'd find the money. :)

I'm so looking forward to the HoMP. How long did it take your group to complete it, Gary?

Cheers!

Col_Pladoh

Gary Gygax
MerricB said:
About the only good thing I can say about that is that perhaps my finances will have recovered enough to afford it then.

But of course, if it came out now, I'd find the money. :)

I'm so looking forward to the HoMP. How long did it take your group to complete it, Gary?

Cheers!

Heh, Merric;)

They took about 50 weeks to get through the whole of the module, and they generally played very expertly, so as to manage to get through some scenarios in an evening's play that I thought would take at least twice that. On balancem though, any veteran group should be able to manage it in 40-60 sessions of 3-4 hours playing time.

Cheers,
Gary

Hi Col_Pladoh mate! :)

I hope you and the family are keeping well?

Any update on those 'hush hush' secret Graphic Novel adaptations of a certain Rogues adventures? Or is it still too early to talk about them? :p

mossfoot

First Post
Hey Gary ;)

How hard do you find it to keep a solid game going and work on so many different projects? I mean, I barely have a once a week game going on over here with my job and stuff!

Yeah, this is partly an excuse to say Hi somewhere else, but I am honestly curious, too ;)

Col_Pladoh

Gary Gygax
Upper_Krust said:
Hi Col_Pladoh mate! :)

I hope you and the family are keeping well?

Any update on those 'hush hush' secret Graphic Novel adaptations of a certain Rogues adventures? Or is it still too early to talk about them? :p

Argh!

A sore subject that.

Because of the poor market for comics, there is now a question of the project going forward:(

I have a query into the licensee, but no response yet--just sent it on Monday. It has brought me to wonder about our not incluiding a "print or pay" clause in the contract, though, ala films. Option money being small, the publisher has no real incentive to go forward in many cases without such a requirement.

If this goes into the dumper I will be most sad. Keep your fingers crossed that we can find a way for it to happen despite the bad market conditions.

Cheers,
Gary

Col_Pladoh

Gary Gygax
mossfoot said:
Hey Gary ;)

How hard do you find it to keep a solid game going and work on so many different projects? I mean, I barely have a once a week game going on over here with my job and stuff!

Yeah, this is partly an excuse to say Hi somewhere else, but I am honestly curious, too ;)

Heh, Noah...

Love the mini ads for Fuzzy Knights!

Funny you should mention my campaign. As a matter of fact I cancelled four sessions so as to be able to keep up with work. We resume play this month on the 15th.

Cheers,
Gary

Col_Pladoh

Gary Gygax
grodog said:
Gary---

Thanks for the extensive update on the Castle project. Do you plan to include the Black Reservoir in it? BTW, I finally put the story of that Castle Greyhawk exploration episode up on my site at http://www.greyhawkonline.com/grodog/gh_castle_black_reservoir1.html :D

Darn! Thanks for posting the link:)

Allan, I had totally forgotten that lurid tale I wrote. It was a dramatization of an actual dungeon adventure into the enlarged Castle Greyhawk that Rob and I co-DMed, of course, and an accurate one too. The strange rod was a Dirdir laser pistol gained from adventuring through a gate that brought PCs to the "Pkanet of Adventure" and the "Carabas" thereof.

Anyway, I have the map of the level, of ourse, and it might make it into the revised form we need to have so as to have a product that is publishable. At worst it can be used as a potential add-on module to the main levels.

So I have saved the story and will see what can be done in regards including the level in the Zagyg's Castle project.

Cheers,
Gary

Status
Not open for further replies.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases