ZEITGEIST [ZEITGEIST] Kaja Stewart's Fate (Spoilers)

Karma Kollapse

First Post
Tonight I'm running the second session of Digging for Lies, introducing Kaja Stewart to the party. My original plan was going to be to have her assassinated at some point during the session, if the party manage to capture her.

So I haven't fully looked through all the latter adventures, but every now and then I look through them and just pick stuff out. Idle pondering really. What surprised me was that in the last adventure, Kaja seems to be alive and well? What exactly happened? Is there something in one of the other books that tells you she is meant to be alive? Am I just being stupid and missed the bit in one of the latter adventures where people come back from the dead?

Are you reading the stand alone adventure 3, or the compilation? After feedback, we decided it was better for her to just get shipped off to do military research.

efreund

Explorer
She's not a load-bearing NPC. That surprise-I'm-back! moment in the final adventure is really all you see of her again after your current adventure. It's easy enough to swap that out with another recurring NPC. Honestly, come 10 whole books later, your PCs probably won't even remember Kaja anyway at that point.

If you do kill her, consider adding her to the tower of ghosts the PCs confront in the run-up to the final battle of adv8.

Tormyr

Adventurer
Are you reading the stand alone adventure 3, or the compilation? After feedback, we decided it was better for her to just get shipped off to do military research.

Is there a list of the differences between the single chapters and the "final" version? Which version does TrailSeeker have?

[MENTION=1]Morrus[/MENTION], does Trailseeker include the compilations of the ZEITGEIST adventures? I never thought to check since I wasn't handling that subscription. But sadly no, we never had a specific list of changes between individual adventures and the hardcovers. Most of the changes were minor, and none happen after adventure 6, I think.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
[MENTION=1]Morrus[/MENTION], does Trailseeker include the compilations of the ZEITGEIST adventures? I never thought to check since I wasn't handling that subscription. But sadly no, we never had a specific list of changes between individual adventures and the hardcovers. Most of the changes were minor, and none happen after adventure 6, I think.

TRAILseeker is the individual adventures.

efreund

Explorer
But sadly no, we never had a specific list of changes between individual adventures and the hardcovers. Most of the changes were minor, and none happen after adventure 6, I think.
This is totally going off the cuff, but the three biggest changes that I'm aware of are:
1) The final fight with MacBannin in adv2 was deemed weaksauce in the original, and buffed for the reprint.
2) In adv3, the map and instructions for the rainbow room (in the Ziggurat of Apet) are wrong. The reprint has a different map.
3) In adv5, the section on radical eschatologists did not have enough hints and was confusing to follow. The reprint added additional content to connect the dots. Warning! As part of this 'fix', the reprint included a map of the sewers, which is incorrect, and the locations on it do not line up with their textual description.

Karma Kollapse

First Post
Having had a brief look through Adventures 1 - 3 in the compilation yesterday, some things I noticed:

* MacBannin's fight has changed as mentioned above (and much improved, even though I think sacrificing house staff is a bit more evil than I think MacBannin would go for).
* Asrabey's fight now has him on 10hp so he can't just be magic missiled or taken out with a gun.
* The fight on Cauldron Hill in Adventure 2, Thread 2 now has only one of the monsters as incorporeal, and they are all evil (I felt really bad not letting the paladin get a smite evil on the serpent-maned lion, who to me seemed pretty evil!)
* Kaja has all her spells up at the start of the fight, making her MUCH harder to take on, her turrets have much less HP, and she is more gun-centric. I'm almost tempted to ask for a rematch on this and the MacBannin encounters, and might just do so.
* Benedict Pemberton gets a few small cameos added; as does Lauryn Cyneburg.

I hadn't noticed the fix for the rainbow bridge, so good looking out! This was also only what I picked up yesterday, there might be more changes.

Remove ads