World of Low'verok

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Ok, ladies and gentlemen, we'll be starting our game now. I'll be rolling all the dice, so just tell me what your character is going to attempt and I'll do the rest. If you have any situational changes to your attempt (feats, spells), please post your total modified total at the end of your post so I know what to add.

Our Heroes
Tailspinner - Gaoi Gustwig, male air genasi Wizard 3
Argent Silvermage - Elexia, female elf Cleric 4 of Alnaria
Graywolf-ELM - Draxiksus, male lizardfolk racial ECL 2/Ranger 2
Rayex - Gryxas, male dwarven monk 4
Goddess FallenAngel, Shar Stormbreeze - Female Smoke Genasi rogue 4
Dark Nemesis, Brigitte Firestarre - Female Magma Genasi Fighter 3

Inactive Players and Characters
outlands - Noddy Darkfox, male Halfling Rog3
Thels - Damien Tallstrider, male Human Clr3 of Pelor
Starman - Syrrian Starwine, male Elf Ftr1/Wiz2
Jemal - Rokelsh, male human Barbarian 1/Fighter 3
passengerpigeon - Gadjo, male human Bard 4

OOC thread
Rogue's Gallery thread

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The day is warm as you draw to the gates of the small town of Ranfer's Crossing. The smell is the air is of dead fish and stagnant water; hardly a savory combination. Insects plague you, a seeming never-ending swarm of the things. Ranfer's Crossing lies on the banks of the Dead River, just north of Skord's Swamp. One hardly comes here for the smell; it is the healing herbs that draw most people to this otherwise godforsaken place. Your current employer is a member of the Healer's Guild named Yalsira Embracon, a young fire genasi woman. She has hired you to bring the current load of prepared herbs from Ranfer's Crossing. The herbs fetch a good price on almost any market, and with a bit of skill, one can make potent healing salves and potions.

Ranfer's Crossing has several lizardfolk inhabitants, as well as a few ooze genasi, thought the bulk of the population is human. It's reasonably prosperous, but fairly small and most industries are focused on the gathering and processing of the healing herbs gathered from the swamp. The city hires occasional adventuring groups to deal with overly ambitious swamp inhabitants, but is normally fairly quiet. The lord of this region, the Dragoneyes, live somewhat further north and west of this town.

It is midafternoon in early summer, and you've made good time traveling. Once you check in with the local Healing Guild hall, you should have about a day to kill before the caravan is ready to go, by your calculations. As you approach the wooden walls and gates of the town, you're hailed by a guard.

"Hail strangers! What brings you to the town of Ranfer's Crossing?"

[OOC: I hate to post and run, but I'm off to GenCon, and most likely will be without an internet connection for five days. If I get to one, I'll check and post, so go ahead and post your responses/intentions.}

Last edited:

G

Guest 11456

Gaoi steps forward and addresses the guard.

"Hail and well met sir! We are here on the business of Yalsira Embracon of the Healer's Guild. We are to pick up a load of herbs from your fair town for delivery. Might we be aloud to enter?"

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
The guardsman nods his head, and climbs down to open the gates.

"Ah yes, the Master Healer Jarla said that Healer Embracon was sending her guards soon. Enter!" he says, pushing open the gates.

"All the guild halls are in the center of town, and the market is on the south side of the square. Healer's Guild is a the big green stone building. Inns are mostly on the east end, but there's a few stragglers stuck here and there. Welcome to Ranfer's Crossing." With those words the guard closes the gate after the last member of the party is in (and unless anyone has any further questions or actions) and returns to his lookout post on the wall.

Starman

Adventurer
Syrrian wrinkles his nose at the foul smell. He follows behind Gaoi softly singing an Elven ballad to take his mind off the smell and the plague of insects.

Argent Silvermage

First Post
"Oh Syrrian. You know that's one of my favorite songs." Elexia says and starts singing along. The unicorn priestess dressed in a flowing white and blue dress carrying her shepherd's crook like a walking stick.
Charity, her war horse, trotting faithfuly by her side whinnies and trys to keep time with the song.

Jemal

Adventurer
Rokelsh leans over to Gaoi "They are singing again. Do people around here not know how to be quiet? It is a wonder all the monsters in the land are not attracted by the clamour of 'civilization'." He says in his usual low, clipped tone.

Thels

First Post
Damien leads his horses into the town, constantly trying to sweep off the bugs from his arms and shoulders. The cloth he wears which covers his whole body helps, but not enough. It's sometimes hard to imagine that people live in places like this. Okay, those herbs really are usefull, but still...

When the man seems done talking, Damien asks him: "Thank you, sir. Perhaps you could also tell us where we can find some decent stables to store our horses?" I better not ask for a good place to setup a healing camp. With the large healer's guild here, it would only be rude.

Damien listens to the song of the elves, with their odd melody. It's always strange how music from the different races sound so much alike, yet there's always that small detail which is impossible to point out but makes the music so much different. Oh well, let them sing their song. Anything to cheer us up from this desolate place.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Damien said:
When the man seems done talking, Damien asks him: "Thank you, sir. Perhaps you could also tell us where we can find some decent stables to store our horses?" I better not ask for a good place to setup a healing camp. With the large healer's guild here, it would only be rude.
The guard considers for a moment then says:

"The Golden Gryphon has the better stables than the Knight Errant. Better ale too. Take yer beasts there, and tell the 'keep that Ron sent ye! It's the inn with the big goldwood sign, hard to miss." With that the guard tips his hat and goes back to his duties, with a smile on his lips from the elves' song. He can be heard to mumble, "Right pretty that is."

Starman

Adventurer
Syrrian sings until the party arrives at the Golden Gryphon. He smiles to himself, his eyes seeming to be looking at distant memories.

"Oh Syrrian. You know that's one of my favorite songs."

"It is one of my favorites, as well, Elexia. As much as I enjoy traveling the world, I miss the songs of home."

"They are singing again. Do people around here not know how to be quiet? It is a wonder all the monsters in the land are not attracted by the clamour of 'civilization'."

"But wouldn't that give you a chance to show 'civilization' the martial prowess of the mighty Rokelsh?" Syrrian says with a grin as he claps his friend on the back.

Last edited:

Jemal

Adventurer
Rokelsh sighs as the elf comes over. He was still getting used to their excellent hearing. "Though I would not back down from such a chance, I would rather have the advantage of terrain... and of not being surrounded by a city full of hiding places and hostages." He continues walking with them, wondering if he might be able to start a Mok'Dyul with someone..

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases