World of Low'verok

Jemal

Adventurer
Rokelsh walks in measured steps over to the table, standing a few feet away he looks at the lizardman, his face expressionless, and then turns to look at Elexia, before turning back to face the lizardman.

OOC: Oh mr DM, would there happen to be any Lizardfolk that interact with the people in the Desert? IE would Rokelsh know anything about them, or have any pre-conceptions from his childhood?

Or should I just make them up myself? (hmm... that'd actually be fun..)

Starman

Adventurer
"This is Dragoneye wine, from our lord's holdings. Good enough for elves, I've heard many say," the barkeep says with a twinkle in his eye. The wine is dark red, and sparkles as if there are flecks of gold in it.

Syrrian takes a sip of the wine, holding it in his mouth for a moment to sample the taste. He swallows slowly. "This, my good man," he says, holding up the glass, "is the finest wine I have had since I left home." The elf takes another drink, savoring every bit. "I will be sure to tell people that if they ever find themselves in Ranfer's Crossing, to be sure to stop at the Golden Gryphon and sample the Dragoneye wine."

"Ya, I know. No real roll to the name. 'Fate's Folly' has more roll, but gives me the shivers. I had one just as I fell asleep last night and bugger me if I can remember it now." He sighs heavily. "Something musical? Half of us can sing or play, after all. Ha! The 'Travelling Staccatos!' That's got motion to it!"

Syrrian grins. "Somehow, I doubt Rokelsh would appreciate being part of the 'Traveling Staccatos.' I will ponder it while I rest tonight and see what comes to me."

A moment later, Syrrian sees Elexia come in with the lizard-man. "This could be interesting." He picks up his glass and heads over to their table, taking a seat next to Elexia. Noting Rokelsh just standing there, he arches an eyebrow before turning to the lizard-man to hear his story.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Originally posted by Elexia:
Elexia helps the lizardfolk to a chair. "I'm Elexia. What are you called? What has happened to you my friend?"
Elexia will order food and askes what the Lizardfolk would like to eat. once he says it she will order for them both.
*The lizardman seems somewhat dazed by the cool air and pleasant smells inside the Golden Gryphon. But after a minute or two, he rouses to answer your questions.*

"I am Hissssk, Mother Elexia. And I will tell you most truely what is sssaid of me, but I would not sssssay here, with ssso many earsss about. But pleasse, some fish would be mossst welcome."

*Elexia orders from another young boy, and he dashed off to the kitchen.*

Originally posted by Gaoi Gustwig:
Gaoi looks around the room. "Perhaps a magic show would be appreciated." He turns back to the barkeep, expectantly.
*The barkeeper nods.*

"As long as it's just illusions and whatnot; no throwing fire or conjuring critters, ok?"

Gaoi smiles at the girl and takes a sip of the wine.

"For now nothing. But perhaps a little conversation from you if that could be arranged."

About this time Elexia enters and Gaoi bows to the girl.

"I must talk with my companions. When might you be available for a bit of conversation?"
*The girl is painfully plain, and somewhat startled by willing conversation from you. However, she manages to gather her courage and speak.*

"I'm Maven m'lord. I'm Raff's eldest," she says in a thick voice, her hand making a fluttering motion toward the barkeeper. It's somewhat startling to hear her claim kinship with the barkeeper; the girl seems barely fifteen years of age, and is heavy-boned and well-fleshed, with pale skin and light brown hair. The barkeeper, Raff, is tall, very thin, with much darker skin and black hair. "I was hoping you might know someone in the Elemental Guild m'lord, seeing you're air-folk and all. If you have a moment, m'lord, I'd like to speak with you about it sometime. I'll be here all night, I usually am."

*She ducks her head again in deference as Gaoi nods and moves away.*

After getting a reply, Gaoi moves over to Elixia.

"Ah! Elixia! How went your shopping? We have two rooms. Dinner is included with the rooms. I have already paid for the rooms, breakfast, and the stabling. Oh, and I have paid for use of the bath facilities out back for wach of us. I will be good to wach the traveling dirt from my body."

He turns to the lizardfolk.

"And who might this be? I am Gaoi Gustwig. A pleasure to meet you sir."

Gaoi stops talking and lets Elixia and the other speak.
*The lizardman looks at you curiously, then cocks his head to the side.*

"I am Hissk, air-man," he says shortly, then turns his attention to the fish that has just arrived. His manner of eating is hardly elegant, but much can be forgiven, considering he's skin and bones.

Originally posted by Noddy:
"Fish it is - just like home. Plus, if I do get pelted with fish-bones, it'll give me something to throw back!"

Noddy takes his drink and grabs a chair by the lizardman.

"Here noo, yer a rough one! Wat's yer story?"
*You overhear Hisk's response to Gaoi. Hisk seems somewhat reluctant to talk to anywhat but Elexia. Noddy, you notice that several other patrons in the inn are shooting odd, not entirely pleased glances at the lizardman. He eats on, oblivious. Your fish has arrived in the interim, and smells quite tasty, crusted with salt and spices.

Originally posted by Rokelsh:
Rokelsh walks in measured steps over to the table, standing a few feet away he looks at the lizardman, his face expressionless, and then turns to look at Elexia, before turning back to face the lizardman.

OOC: Oh mr DM, would there happen to be any Lizardfolk that interact with the people in the Desert? IE would Rokelsh know anything about them, or have any pre-conceptions from his childhood?

Or should I just make them up myself? (hmm... that'd actually be fun..)
[OOC: If you've traveled near any swampy areas before, then you would know them. There are some lizard-like people in the Unwanted Desert, but most of them are half-dragons of the blue or brown variety. Probably you haven't seen someone like Hisk before, but you're free to write in an experience or two!]

Last edited:

G

Guest 11456

Seeing that the lizardman seems unwilling to talk much with him, Gaoi looks about the tavern. He notes that the lizardman's presence is not well taken. He decides that this might be a good time for a bit of a distraction. He moves to the opposite part of the room from Elixia and the others and begins performing small bits of magic (Prestidigitation). As he gets going he makes a knowing nod to Elixia and smiles. He continues this for the next hour, creating simple bits of magic for the entertainment of the tavern patrons.

Jemal

Adventurer
Rokelsh sits as the Lizardman eats, and begins his own meal, his eyes roving over all the other patrons. If he seems them giving any of his 'group' (which now includes the old lizard man) a 'dirty look', he'll stare hard through narrowed eyes at that person until they notice him and/or look away.

When Hisk is finished eating, Rokelsh raises a hand, palm out, to him and inclines his head in a slight bow, a standard greeting to a respected elder in most of the 'barbarian' tribes. "Good season, Scaled one... Though it looks like you have had anything but good times lately." he says as he awaits Hisks' story.

Argent Silvermage

First Post
Elexia Looks at the others and says "Thank you. I think Hisk and I need some alone time. I'll take him upstares with me if you all can get everyone's attention diverted somewhere else." She sees Gaoi putting on a show. "Ah. There we go. now to get you out of the public eye friend Hisk."
Elexia waits a few moments until most or all eyes are on the mage and makes her way upstairs. Once in the room she will sit Hisk down and get down to business.

"Firstly lets get you healed properly." She says and the force of love and compassion flow from her hands into the Lizardfolk. "Now my child, what has brought you to this state?"

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Originally posted by Gaoi:
Seeing that the lizardman seems unwilling to talk much with him, Gaoi looks about the tavern. He notes that the lizardman's presence is not well taken. He decides that this might be a good time for a bit of a distraction. He moves to the opposite part of the room from Elixia and the others and begins performing small bits of magic (Prestidigitation). As he gets going he makes a knowing nod to Elixia and smiles. He continues this for the next hour, creating simple bits of magic for the entertainment of the tavern patrons.
*The working men and women appreciate your magical show, and grins of delight are seen on many faces. Most seem to forget about Hisk as they focus on your spells. By the end of the hour, you're ten silver and seven copper richer as well.*

Originally posted by Rokelsh:
Rokelsh sits as the Lizardman eats, and begins his own meal, his eyes roving over all the other patrons. If he seems them giving any of his 'group' (which now includes the old lizard man) a 'dirty look', he'll stare hard through narrowed eyes at that person until they notice him and/or look away.
*While most are distracted by Gaoi's show, Noddy points out the rude, staring patrons. Your hard staring does seem to persuade the more persistant to go back to their own business.*

When Hisk is finished eating, Rokelsh raises a hand, palm out, to him and inclines his head in a slight bow, a standard greeting to a respected elder in most of the 'barbarian' tribes. "Good season, Scaled one... Though it looks like you have had anything but good times lately." he says as he awaits Hisks' story.
*Hisk inclines his head toward you, and speaks quick and low.*

"My ssseason hasss not been good for many moonsss. You sssee," he says, briefly brushing back the rags he wears away from his shoulder. Rokelsh, Noddy, and Elexia see the puckered old scar of a stab wound in his shoulder. "But pleassse, let me ssspeak to the White Mother firssst. I can tell you more later." With that, he rises to follow Elexia.

Originally posted by Elexia:
Elexia Looks at the others and says "Thank you. I think Hisk and I need some alone time. I'll take him upstares with me if you all can get everyone's attention diverted somewhere else." She sees Gaoi putting on a show. "Ah. There we go. now to get you out of the public eye friend Hisk."
Elexia waits a few moments until most or all eyes are on the mage and makes her way upstairs. Once in the room she will sit Hisk down and get down to business.

"Firstly lets get you healed properly." She says and the force of love and compassion flow from her hands into the Lizardfolk. "Now my child, what has brought you to this state?"
*Hisk closes his eyes and basks in the glow of Alnaria's healing powers. After a minute, his eyes open again, looking brighter and more alert than you've seen them.*

"White Mother, I have been accusssed by one I held dear. One that held great power over my tribe. But he is old, and he hasss gotten ssstrange, ssstrange.

"I was a keeper of the green places, a ssseer of spirits, a shaman. But he did not want me to be anymore. Sssomeone went into the ssswamp, into hisss home. It made him mad, quite mad. He bade me, go to the town, sssee what othersss are coming. But I cannot go back, he hasss made it imposssible. I try to go to the ssswamp and cannot. I try, and he beats me from afar with his ssspirt, to show me my place. He accusssed me of not doing hisss will, but how can I when I cannot go into the ssswamp to tell him?

"Pleassse, White Mother, can you tell him that I ssstill do hisss will? That I have not tried to fail him? Pleassse, Ssskord will go too far, and I will die sssoon."

*With that plea, Hisk drops to the floor on his scaly knees and raises his hands palm upward in a gesture of supplication.*

Argent Silvermage

First Post
Elexia takes his head in her hands and smiles. "I will do as you ask. Where can I find this Skord?" Her touch is gentle and warm against his skin. She raises his head and pulls him to his feet. "I officialy take you as a charge. You are innocent in the eyes of Alnaria.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Argent said:
Elexia takes his head in her hands and smiles. "I will do as you ask. Where can I find this Skord?" Her touch is gentle and warm against his skin. She raises his head and pulls him to his feet. "I officialy take you as a charge. You are innocent in the eyes of Alnaria.
*It clicks suddenly in your mind, that Ranfer's Crossing stands right at the edge of Skord's Swamp. Perhaps you have found the namesake of this forsaken place.*

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
*In the common room, the atmosphere has become much more lively and upbeat since Hisk and Elexia left. After Gaoi is done (and Noddy too if he performs, either as background for Gaoi or on his own), a heavy-set human goes up and bellows the chorus of a drinking song. Others respond, and roars for more ale reverberate through the Golden Gryphon.

*As the patrons grow more relaxed (and more ale is drunk), you all find yourselves somewhat the center of attention. Apparently adventurers don't often come into this inn, and several patrons have questions for you.

*Damien finds himself in conversation with an apprentice of the Healer's Guild, a young human man with tanned skin, blond hair, and gray eyes, wearing practical leathers. He has an easy and earnest manner. Calling himself Jallon, he quickly deduces that Damien is the owner of the cart in the stableyard. They fall into a technical discussion about healing herbs, particularly how they're found and prepared. (Damien, you have a one-use +2 bonus to Knowledge (nature) checks relating to finding healing plants in Skord's Swamp.)

*Gaoi finds several patrons are quite interested in his magical skills. One, a fairly prosperous-looking half-elf wearing working leathers but elegant (yet not ostentacious) gold jewelry, asks Gaoi if he could entertain at a birthday party for his young daughter. If Noddy helped (particularly with juggling or acrobatics), he is also asked.

*In addition to the half-elf, one of the barkeeper's seemingly endless brood of young sons keeps coming back to the party's table. He's obviously never seen a halfling before, and finds Noddy fascinating. He was particularly taken by Noddy's act, and begs for juggling lessons in between running out orders of ale and food. By the end of the night, the boy (Pelo), is practically Noddy's mascot.

*Syrrian is gently badgered by a female elf woman for news of home. She slightly disappointed to learn that he's a Farlight elf (she's a Black Pine elf), but still exchanges what information she can about their kind. The woman, Yasmira, is middle-aged for an elf, and obviously a mercenary of some kind, both due to the well-used armor and weapons, and the patch of the Mercenary's Guild she wears on her shoulder. She imparts that a ship of elven silk and wine was attacked by pirates nearly within sight of Port Xialar. She laments that the pirates get bolder every year; for while pirate attacks are hardly a rare occurance, never had they attacked so close to the port cities before. If Syrrian brings up the Forbidden Lands, Yasmira simply shakes her head.

"It's a cursed land, my brother," she says kindly, her eyes sad. "Some damnfool merchant in Benshay once hired my company to protect his train. It was stupid of him; he couldn't afford adventurers and so tried for mercs. We were trained for fighting wars, not that bodyguard business. He thought he'd be clever and run his train close to the Forbidden Lands so that desert raiders could only come at him from one side. None of us knew until later; but the raiders avoid the cliffs like the plague. It was the cliffs we should have been afraid of.

The train was attacked that night by those winged, human-like sacs of ooze. It killed all but two of the mercs and all of the horses. The servants and traders ran off into the night and were picked off. Myself and another traveled straight into the desert for two days and were rescued by the desert nomads before we died of thirst. I've never gone back to Benshay, and I doubt I'll go into the Unwanted Desert ever again. I admire the courage of the desert people to stay and fight those monster, but I don't have the courage to stand up to that kind of slaughter again. Keep your interests closer to home brother, keeping too much of your attention on the Forbidden Lands means nightmares for months." As she says this she shudders. She quickly orders some of the strongest rotgut the inn has and has to take two large drinks to steady herself before she talks again. When she does recover, she speaks no more of the Forbidden Lands.

*Rokelsh, your hard eyes and touch-me-not attitude have garnered you a great deal of personal space, and not as much else. While you overhear Yasmira talking to Syrrian, she also recognizes your garb and manner. She keeps her face averted from you. A colorfully-dressed gnome, overlooked until now, eventually finds his way to your table, however. Plunking himself down in a chair, he leans over and introduces himself.*

"Hello and a fine day to you good fellow! I am Galdory Kippman Yillfory Winborrow Meldoka, though most call me Kipp. I'm a minstral by trade, and collector of stories. I tell them to the children, you see. I've traveled all the way from Andeluvay in search of new tales to tell. I've gotten tales from many people, but I think perhaps I've never gotten one from the desert folk before. So, if you have tales to tell, please let them flow from you. I shall immortalize you in the spoken word and in the minds of eager children," he says flamboyanly. With that he produces a sheet of paper and plucks a shockingly pink extravagant plume from the band of his overly-large hat, and sets it to the paper expectantly.

Remove ads