Atlas' announces "Plastic RPG dividers" are ready to ship to Disti's: Huh?

I just saw this at:

http://www.gamingreport.com/article.php?sid=9437&mode=thread&order=0

This is all it says about them:

"I'm busy packing up the plastic RPG dividers that we and almost two dozen other publishers collaborated to produce. These will be shipping later this week (along with Last Hero in Scandinavia) to a number of distributors, who will then be shipping them along to retail stores throughout the English-

speaking world. Boy, those little plastic things are heavy."
--

I didn't find anything on their site about these...

Anyone have any idea what these are & why anyone would want them?

Perhaps some kind of oversized placemat that the host can provide his sloppy players...? :D

pogre

Legend
Speaking of Atlas -

I just saw the new Penumbra miniatures line by Lance and Laser out of Columbus, Ohio. Very cool I must say.

Mytholder said:
They're dividers for store shelves with information about each game line on them...

Well THAT's boring! For me anyway... And besides, If they are pre-printed with game line information, won't they become out-dated very quickly?

As an aside, this is the third PR piece from a d20 manufacturer I have seen this week with ABSOLUTELY NO DETAIL AT ALL explaining what the product is. I now know that THIS one is for retailers, but even if I was a retailer, I wouldn't have known what this was.

Very Strange. Publishers must have GenCon on the brain.

Mytholder

BigFreekinGoblinoid said:

Well THAT's boring! For me anyway... And besides, If they are pre-printed with game line information, won't they become out-dated very quickly?

Why? Basic setting stuff, like "Unknown Armies is a modern day game of horror, occultism and the price of power, inspired by the works of Tim Powers and James Ellroy" or "the Forgotten Realms are a hugely detailed and massively popular high-fantasy world for D&D" doesn't go out of date.

As an aside, this is the third PR piece from a d20 manufacturer I have seen this week with ABSOLUTELY NO DETAIL AT ALL explaining what the product is. I now know that THIS one is for retailers, but even if I was a retailer, I wouldn't have known what this was.
Most retailers probably know about this already - John's been planning this for a while.
[/B][/QUOTE]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases