SRD 3.5 Competition

Dimwhit

Explorer
This is a contest to see how can develop the best version of the 3.5 SRD. There are two (possibly three) categories:

1. Web-friendly - The best SRD in a web format (such as html, javascript, xml, etc.)

2. Print-friendly - The best SRD in a printable format (such as PDF, DOC, RTF, etc.)

3. Miscellaneous - Such as PDA, server-side web (i.e. MySQL, php), etc.

A "Best In Show" winner may be picked among the category winners, but that would just be for the sake of doing it. :)

Deadline - Extended to Midnight PST, September 1.

Send your submissions by one of two methods. You can post it in the submissions thread here:

http://enworld.cyberstreet.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=61654

Or email the link to download your SRD (in .zip format if possible) to srd@dimwhit.com (or just email me the files if they're not too big). If your SRD must be viewed online (such as for an SQL version), email the url. This thread is getting too long to sift through for entries! :) The email (or post to the submissions thread) should be sent by the deadline.

Prizes

1. The winner of each category can have his/her SRD hosted for free by boardmember FluidDragon (it will stay up as long as it doesn't KILL his bandwidth--shouldn't be a problem--and he will design the homepage and graphics if needed).
2. The winner of the Web and Print category (not the miscellaneous) will get a portrait draw of their favorite character courtesy of Alan McFarlane (check out his work for others on this thread). Thanks for Alan!
3. Each winner will get his/her choice of 4 E.N. Publishing e-products, courtesy of Hellhound.
4. I'm looking for more volunteers to offer any kind of prize to the winners.

If you want to judge one or all categories, email me at srd@dimwhit.com. You can't judge if you're entering the contest, of course. I'm especially looking for those with PDAs who can judge for those, if we get any.

Let the competition begin!

Last edited:

randomling

First Post
I'm interested! I may or may not actually enter (might not end up having the time) but I'm interested. But sadly I can't get to the SRD, the link isn't working (server error). Anyone got a copy? :)

Edit: it's working again! Never mind!

Last edited:

KenM

Banned
Banned
Is the 3.5 "all in one" download up yet? I know the other's are, but I just want to grab the all in one.

Dimwhit

Explorer
Is the 3.5 "all in one" download up yet? I know the other's are, but I just want to grab the all in one.

I don't believe so. Not yet. But I think the grouped ones are, so it would only be 5 files to download instead of the many dozens to do it individually.

Just dl'ed the 1-file version of the 3.5 SRD, and it seems to be ok. Just checked a few things, and they were ok OH MY GOD PRAISE THE LORD THEY ACTUALLY MADE TABLES THIS TIME!

TS

Lazybones

Adventurer
I'd love to have a Pocket PC-friendly version. Thanks in advance to those working on HTML/DOC versions.

Also downloaded reveal's single PDF... that is a most excellent resource for my desktop (though too big/slow for the Axim).

Dimwhit

Explorer
That's fine with me. Let's go with August 31st then. Probably would be a good idea to give people a little more time. I'll change it up top.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases