SRD 3.5 Competition

kreynolds

First Post
Here's another theme I whipped up...

rust-preview.jpg

...and here's a detail view of it. I went with smokey glass, but like the others, it's rather easy to change.

rust-preview-detail.jpg

Also, here's a metal layout with a white background...

redwhite-preview.jpg

...and here's a detail view of it...

redwhite-preview-detail.jpg

Drawmack

First Post
Shadow64 said:
In all seriousness, I have been learning under some very good teachers about using databases to drive websites and this sounds like a great project to try out and learn a bit more.

I have been doing professional database driven web sites for 5 years. I am a senior level programmer in PHP, Perl and ASP as for DBMSes I know sybase, ms sql, mysql, msql, access and oracle. I'm not upset because I can't do the work, I'm upset because I've already converted The basics, abilities, races, classes and skills into straight html and came up with a slick templating system in javascript so I can use a detailed mav system without the overhead of having it in every file.

I honestly feel that if server side is allowed it should be it's own category. The reason is that certain things, like a linked index and search capabilities are very easy when done server side with a database but next to impossible using client-side technologies.

Dimwhit

Explorer
I honestly feel that if server side is allowed it should be it's own category. The reason is that certain things, like a linked index and search capabilities are very easy when done server side with a database but next to impossible using client-side technologies.

I agree. Already changed. It's in a Miscellaneous category. It's true that doign such a site gives it many advantages. So hopefully everyone is cool with that. Just check the top post for the updated info.

I'm looking forward to seeing what everyone is working on!

Conaill

First Post
LRathbun said:
kreynolds, put me down as another vote for the brown theme. It looks great.
Tritto. The "hinge" is a little discordant with the rest of the theme though. And you may want to consider coloring those jewels to match the books. (Heck, you could even put your own reflection in on of them if you like! ;))

Usurper

First Post
It's a pity I won't be able to enter mine. I started formatting a copy to print out for personal use. Realized wotc has art galleries on their site. Easy 1-2-3 illustrated rulebook, if you have the time and MS Word skills.

kreynolds

First Post
Conaill said:
The "hinge" is a little discordant with the rest of the theme though.

You really think so? I kinda dig it, myself. Kinda fitting. I'll see if I can come up with something else though.

Conaill said:
And you may want to consider coloring those jewels to match the books.

Nah. I think I'll just dump the jewels all together and go with something else. Maybe something like...this...

rust-copper-preview.jpg

rust-copper-preview-detail.jpg

Conaill said:
(Heck, you could even put your own reflection in on of them if you like! ;))

:D

Remove ads