Silly Story: Fountains of Liquid Evil

The Grumpy Celt

Banned
Banned
So, our inept party of cut throats and thieves…I mean our intrepid party of valiant heroes are in a large city in the Forgotten Realms. We are investigating a series of murders and kidnapping by a cult of assassins that was supposedly destroyed centuries ago.

So, the party recovers a map of the sewers with a big “x” on one spot. Upon investigation, we discover a way to the Secret Lair of the Villains (tm) at that location marked with the “x.”

So, we know they are evil because their living room is the great, massively over decorated place with statues of demons all over the place, two Fountains of Liquid Evil (it was solid black, extremely heavy and was in liquid form), a large Pool of Liquid Evil and posters for the D&D movie on the walls.

So, the party kills a few people in Secret Lair of the Villains (tm) and my character does not like the place and wants to mess it up.

So, my character shoot one of the Fountains of Liquid Evil, which he thought was demon blood or some rare and terrible substance but that there was only a relatively small amount of the material.

So, due to the layout of the place I thought the Secret Lair of the Villains (tm) was in a pocket dimension or somewhere far from the city in a hollowed out volcano or something.

So, I was wrong.

So, Edmund Blackmoore (my rogue character, a blatant rip-off of Blackader) blasts a fountain with a lightening bolt from a rod he stole and the blast does something like 60+ points of damage.

So, the fountains and pools were actually a complex of gateways to the plane of negative energy and the Secret Lair of the Villains (tm) was simply under the sewer system of the city. When the fountains exploded they basic caused the gate to become unstable and what ever the material from the negative energy plane (that black fluid) touched exploded.

So, things below the city sewer start exploding and exploding and exploding and exploding and you get the idea. Before all is said and done the avatar of a goddess appeared and made certain it did not destroy the continent but it did eat the city, killing off most of the inhabitants in the process and creating a vast and only closed for now unstable gate to the plane of negative energy in the Western Heart Lands.

It (shooting the fountain) seemed like a good idea at the time.

In addition, I did not get any experience points for the 60,000+ people I killed either.

the Jester

Legend
The Grumpy Celt said:
So, our inept party of cut throats and thieves…I mean our intrepid party of valiant heroes are in a large city in the Forgotten Realms. We are investigating a series of murders and kidnapping by a cult of assassins that was supposedly destroyed centuries ago.

So, the party recovers a map of the sewers with a big “x” on one spot. Upon investigation, we discover a way to the Secret Lair of the Villains (tm) at that location marked with the “x.”

So, we know they are evil because their living room is the great, massively over decorated place with statues of demons all over the place, two Fountains of Liquid Evil (it was solid black, extremely heavy and was in liquid form), a large Pool of Liquid Evil and posters for the D&D movie on the walls.

So, the party kills a few people in Secret Lair of the Villains (tm) and my character does not like the place and wants to mess it up.

So, my character shoot one of the Fountains of Liquid Evil, which he thought was demon blood or some rare and terrible substance but that there was only a relatively small amount of the material.

So, due to the layout of the place I thought the Secret Lair of the Villains (tm) was in a pocket dimension or somewhere far from the city in a hollowed out volcano or something.

So, I was wrong.

So, Edmund Blackmoore (my rogue character, a blatant rip-off of Blackader) blasts a fountain with a lightening bolt from a rod he stole and the blast does something like 60+ points of damage.

So, the fountains and pools were actually a complex of gateways to the plane of negative energy and the Secret Lair of the Villains (tm) was simply under the sewer system of the city. When the fountains exploded they basic caused the gate to become unstable and what ever the material from the negative energy plane (that black fluid) touched exploded.

So, things below the city sewer start exploding and exploding and exploding and exploding and you get the idea. Before all is said and done the avatar of a goddess appeared and made certain it did not destroy the continent but it did eat the city, killing off most of the inhabitants in the process and creating a vast and only closed for now unstable gate to the plane of negative energy in the Western Heart Lands.

It (shooting the fountain) seemed like a good idea at the time.

In addition, I did not get any experience points for the 60,000+ people I killed either.

No wonder you're grumpy. Even if they were only worth 1xp each, those 60,000+ xps would've gone far with you.

Azure Trance

First Post
Re: Re: Silly Story: Fountains of Liquid Evil

the Jester said:

No wonder you're grumpy. Even if they were only worth 1xp each, those 60,000+ xps would've gone far with you.

Maybe he should try again then.

Or beg Mystra to reverse the time stream.

BlackMoria

First Post
I think the DM was a little heavy handed with the collateral damage. If every gate or portal ruptured open if hit with a lightning bolt, there would be no Faerun anymore. ;)

I'm curious. How did your party survive this, since the effect wiped out the city above?

The Grumpy Celt

Banned
Banned
1. The party surived by running like people with candy in their pockets faced with a bunch of hungry sumo wrestlers.

2. Pretty much the entire city was destroyed, so that meant there stuff was also gone.

3. We are now try to get magic items to go back in time and stuff.

Remove ads