Scheduling

SubDude

Explorer
What, if any, scheduling assistant / app do you guys use for your FLGS AL games?

We have AL games at our store probably 3-4 nights a week, but we are still facing the "sorry, the tables are already full" issue just about every night. There are plenty of players and potential players who would like to come, but don't want to make the trip for a "maybe" chance to play. And I can't really blame them! Its also a little frustrating to see the same players typically take spots on multiple nights when we are collectively turning people away too.

First, I guess, is it AL legal to have some sort of signup sheet or online service?

Second, if it is legal, do you have a method you prefer that works well for you / your store?

I suppose one possible solution is to just have more DM's. We've added a few, but keep losing DM's who no longer wish to DM Adventurers League.

rczarnec

Explorer
We use Warhorn to schedule games.

You can schedule games as far in advance as you would like, you can set the table size and can allow waitlisting for when the number of signups goes above the table limit. The nice part of the waitlist is that if you get enough of them in advance of the game day, you might be able to set up another table to seat them.

Pauper

That guy, who does that thing.
To the best of my knowledge, AL doesn't have any rules or restrictions on how games are organized.

When I was a store organizer, I used Warhorn, and it was very helpful. I've seen other groups in our area use Meetup as well.

--
Pauper

SubDude

Explorer
We use Warhorn to schedule games.

You can schedule games as far in advance as you would like, you can set the table size and can allow waitlisting for when the number of signups goes above the table limit. The nice part of the waitlist is that if you get enough of them in advance of the game day, you might be able to set up another table to seat them.

Gave this a preliminary shot. We weren't able to enter any tags, like "AL" or "D&D5E". We weren't able to enter event TIMES. And it took more than 24 hours to even show up at all. Is this normal? What am I missing?

rczarnec

Explorer
The tools for scheduling are available to the person designated as the organizer for the Warhorn page that your store or event uses.

Use Manage Slots to add the next date and time for games.
Use Manage Scenarios to create the event or choose one from the list of global scenarios (most AL adventures are already in the list of global scenarios)
Use Manage Sessions to schedule the specific game(s). You can have multiple tables in the same slot and this is where you can differentiate them.

Here is a link to our calendar. We typically only have one slot per day, but as you can see from the Saturday schedule, you can use this to have more than one.
https://warhorn.net/events/stairway-comics-events/schedule/2017/09

Remove ads