Jasper's The Black Road AL 05-02 runthru.

jasper

Rotten DM
DING DING We have another adventure ran under the time limit. Friday night only had three players. 2 new to me and one my regulars. It was laid back and almost quiet in the store too. Between Dragoncon and Labor day holidays. The group was weak but I left the final combat at regular settings.
The goblins were able to take out one driver which forced my regular player into the driving the statue wagon.
They elected to skip the black riders encounter since I gave them the choice. The dice loved them during the Sandstorms most of them were rolling high enough hitting the DCs before any mods.
The Toll encounter was interesting as they started the combat but from out of no where my regular calls of a persuasion roll to talk the boss down. My regular loves combat so this was a what? moment. Again the dice loved them and it only cost him 30 gp to bribe the boss. They also detected their tail and knocked the bloodhawk out of sky.
I gave them about ten minutes to come up with a plan for the final encounter. They decide to split the party. One member going up the road the others off to the side hiding and low crawling up the cover to get halfway up the hill before combat was started. Sleep took out one of the bugbears. Bad dice and Phantasmal force locked down the chief most of the combat. and the puppy was toothless. I think I did less than 20 points total to guy walking up the hill.
We had fun and were done in under 2 hours.

DM Magic

Adventurer
I've this adventure 4-5 times. It's one of my favorite AL adventures. Honestly, it does best as a four-hour session.

:)

Remove ads