Tales of Wyre

Siuis

Explorer
I had almost given up on the dream of seeing an update on the best piece of DND Story Hour of all time. Thanks for coming back Sep! Here's hoping we don't have to wait as long for the next one, but no pressure :)

I'll wait as long as it takes. Few fictions have shaped me quite so. A transcendent story of the transcendent. I long to know the end. But I know myself. Ourselves. We wish the journey, to get to that end. So patience comes easily.

This story hour is like a worry stone. We come back and polish it anew, every now and then. That is enough. :)

Gwarok

Explorer
Huzzah!

I'll wait as long as it takes. Few fictions have shaped me quite so. A transcendent story of the transcendent. I long to know the end. But I know myself. Ourselves. We wish the journey, to get to that end. So patience comes easily.

This story hour is like a worry stone. We come back and polish it anew, every now and then. That is enough. :)

How charmingly well said. Happy thanksgiving all!

Gwarok

Explorer
I posted this in the Rogue's Gallery and wanted to do so here as well. Also, apologies to Sep for biting on his creative work :)

Ok, because I needed a Tales of Wyre fix and also because I know we all love him, using the 3.5 Rules I bring you the one, the only...

Mogus the Hedgehog (CR 16)

Pseudonatural Familiar
Tiny Outsider (Augmented Aberration, Native)

Hit Dice: 15D4 (228hp) – Half of Mostin
Initiative: +6
Speed: 10ft.
Armor Class: 55 (+4 size, +6 Dex, Natural Armor +35), touch 55, flatfooted 49
Base Atk/Grapple: +15
Attack: +21 tentacle rake (2d8+6)
Full Attack: +21 melee, 4 tentacle rakes (2d8+6)
Special Attacks: Improved grab, rotting constriction, spell-like abilities
Specal Qualities: Alertness, cannot be flanked, constant insight, Improved Evasion, damage reduction 15/epic, darkvision 120ft., immunities (acid, electricity), SR 75, Share Spells
Saves: Fort +16 Ref +17 Will +24
Abilities: Str 23 Dex 22 Con 21 Int 20 Wis 24 Cha 4

Skills: Hide +26, Listen +9, Spot +9

Feats: Alertness.

Metagnostic Form (Su): As a free action, Mogus can change form between a hedgehog and a writhing mass of tentacles, or any combination in between. Typically, he appears as a hedgehog with vestigial alien features. A true seeing spell reveals Mogus as existing in all forms simultaneously. In his tentacled form, Mogus may use Improved Grab and Rotting Constriction in addition to his other abilities. In this form, nonpseudonatural enemies suffer a –1 morale penalty on their attack rolls to hit Mogus; creatures using true seeing automatically incur the penalty.

Mogus's metagnostic form is not subject to dispel effects, but within an antimagic field Mogus may not change form and retains whichever shape he possessed before entering the field.

Improved Grab (Ex): If Mogus hits an opponent of Tiny-size or smaller with a tentacle, he deals normal damage and attempts to start a grapple as a free action without provoking an attack of opportunity.

Rotting Constriction (Ex): Once Mogus has hold of an opponent, each successful grapple check he makes during subsequent rounds permanently drains 2d4 points of Constitution. At the same time, Mostin regains 10 lost hit points.

Spell-Like Abilities: As a standard action, Mogus can use blur, haste or dimension door. Caster level 20th.

Dont mess with the Mogus.

Quartz

Hero
Mogus also gets the benefit of the Familiar Spell epic feat once if Mostin is 30th level or twice if he's 31st level

d20 SRD said:
At 21st level and again every ten levels higher than 21st, the familiar gains the benefit of the Familiar Spell epic feat for a spell of its master’s choice.

Grinner79

First Post
Question regarding collecting StoryHours

Hi @Cheiromancer and @Sepulchrave II,

This is my first post and I doubt it's in the right location but here goes. I've taken up the project of collecting the Tales of Wyre into an ebook format. Legally, it's gray footing at best. I've drawn up a copyleft(free, no rights reserved, explicitly under the control and ownership of the author) public domain license that makes clear I am not the author but rather function as editor. Anyhow, I'd feel better if I could get a sense from Sep about his comfort on the matter. Anyone know if he'll respond to PM's? I'm brand new and cannot PM just yet. Likewise, Cheiromancer, I'm looking for the artists of those images you posted here to give credit.

Any help and suggestions appreciated.

grodog

Hero
Hi @Cheiromancer and @Sepulchrave II,

This is my first post and I doubt it's in the right location but here goes. I've taken up the project of collecting the Tales of Wyre into an ebook format. Legally, it's gray footing at best. I've drawn up a copyleft(free, no rights reserved, explicitly under the control and ownership of the author) public domain license that makes clear I am not the author but rather function as editor. Anyhow, I'd feel better if I could get a sense from Sep about his comfort on the matter. Anyone know if he'll respond to PM's? I'm brand new and cannot PM just yet. Likewise, Cheiromancer, I'm looking for the artists of those images you posted here to give credit.

Any help and suggestions appreciated.

Did you ever hear back from Jim or Jim on this, [MENTION=22060]grinner[/MENTION]? I'd love to be able to re-read the story on my Kindle :D

Allan.

Cheiromancer

Adventurer
I would have thought that Tales of Wyre was impossible to publish, due to the presence of so much intellectual property belonging to WotC. I'll see if I can get in touch with Sep, but it has been quite a few years since I last communicated with him.

As for the artists... Man, I'll have to search deep in my email. Storn was one, Dr. Midnight another... I'll have to look.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases