The Orville - Season 1

Ryujin

Legend
Ah, FOX scheduling strikes again!

Okay episode this week, never been a fan of these types of episodes though. Crazy Claire was entertaining, as well that scene for all those arachnophobes out there, and LaMarr's clown phobia was funny. Interesting twist at the end.

Biggest missed opportunity was whatever holodeck simulation Gordon and LaMarr were about to run, especially after Bortas showed up with a powdered wig and pistol too. I really wanted to see what they were going to run, because Gordon comes up with some pretty zany stuff in there.

Just guessing: Burr-Hamilton duel?

Richards

Legend
I really liked this episode - probably because it featured Alara, who I was worried at first was just going to be a "look at how strong I am" character but has quickly become one of my favorites. It was interesting to see she's considered something of a moron on her home world, having become a military officer (on a ship filled with "the hillbillies of the galaxy," no less!) instead of working on her degree. And nice Robert Picardo cameo as her dad.

After a while it became apparent that the whole plot was something she had orchestrated herself, but up until that point it was intriguing to see where all of this was coming from. All in all, I think this episode was one of my favorites.

And only two more left? Curse these short TV seasons!

Johnathan

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Well there were THREE people with dueling pistols.

Good point.

Perhaps they have read or heard tales of a legendary trio of dashing, charismatic warriors...
Three-Amigos-origianl.jpg

Just started watching it, OMG! Why havnt you guys told me about this sooner? Im diggin it, I thought it was going to be a slapstick Trek parody, but its actually pretty good, better than the last few Treks, and they tackle some pretty serious issues, really makes you think, ya know?

Remove ads