The Orville - Season 1

Wow. That third episode. Heavy stuff for a rookie show, but some real Star Trek type material. It really felt like a TNG epsisode with a couple more ridiculous scenes.
Doing that episode was ballsy.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I’m hearing this show is more TNG than it is Galaxy Quest. Would that be a fair description? (Haven’t been able to see it yet).

Sent from my iPhone using EN World

tomBitonti

Adventurer
I’m hearing this show is more TNG than it is Galaxy Quest. Would that be a fair description? (Haven’t been able to see it yet).

It really is a bit of both. You will probably have to see it and decide for yourself. (Not an endorsement, btw. You might like it, you might hate it.)

Thx!
TomB

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter

I would say it is TNG without the sanitized TNG character dialog- IOW, characters interact with the same kind of banter & word choices we'd expect from family, friends and work colleagues- with a blend of seriousness & just enough over the top/juvenile humor to never let us forget its creator.

I've been thinking of it as the Rosanne of sci-fi comedy in terms of pacing and overall storytelling.

Remove ads