Not With a Bang OOC

LazarusLong42

First Post
Sam: No problem. Code sounds good as you state it; Telenn's dogma basically boils down to "First Do No Harm." He's also a healer, and so isn't much for harming innocents, but certainly understands that evil, sometimes, just has to be taken care of.

Shalimar: Oh, OK. Never mind about the thieves guild, then. :)

Rybaer

First Post
Re: Filling in details...

LazarusLong42 said:
Great backgrounds, so far, all. I'm enjoying reading them. A few notes, and a few answers:

Rybaer: Hallis Hill--check. I'll have to get that on the map. :) By two weeks' journey, do you mean on foot, horseback, or what exactly? It makes sense for Hallis Hill to be up above the 3000-foot contour.

Well, lacking a good sense of scale from your map, I was just guestimating 2 weeks on foot into the foothills. Modify as appropriate. 3000' sounds fine. I was envisioning Hallis Hill as a relatively small town...perhaps 1,000 people, 80% dwarvish.

Party make-up so far is rather fascinating. Dwarves and humans. I don't foresee Grinder having much trouble connecting with the others. He'll naturally associate with the dwarves, and he has no qualms in dealing with roguish humans.

Will finish up my possessions shortly.

Tanstaafl

First Post
Re: Filling in details...

LazarusLong42 said:
Well... if you're going to be minor nobility, then let's do it correctly. Conrad is a lowish-ranking noble, Baron dul Resta. The Barony of Resta is situated about a hundred miles southeast of Colinna, but let's face it... court is in Colinna, and that's where you probably spent much of your time growing up. You may have spent summers at the baronial mansion, as it would have been cooler and court functions less frequent.

As a minor noble, Duke Iobin Desell (the Duke of Colinna) would barely know your father if not for his statistical ability, but that's caught his eye, and your father's in line for a Viscountcy if the current Viscount dul Marnett dies without children, a very likely possibility.

Wow... that's cool. So, she'd be known as Nylarra dul Resta?

I'll get Nylarra's languages up in the rouges's gallery.

I've decided to go with a Human Cleric of Litsi, seeing as how the party will likely need one! :)

We should still be able to link our characters though, Shalimar. He'll be Chaotic Good and Litsi does have the Trickery domain, which I intend to take as one of his. I see him as a sort of happy-go-lucky kid who grew up in Colinna. His parents were killed when he was very young and he grew up with his uncle, a Cleric of Rinell. His uncle wanted him to follow in his footsteps and become a Cleric of Rinell but he instead chose to follow Litsi. I figure that he might have even tried thievery when he was a bit younger but didn't really have the skills. He eventually turned to the church and underwent training to become a Cleric but the chaotic Litsi was more appealing to him than the lawful Rinell.

I'll have the character up shortly in the Rogues Gallery.

Toric

Zerth

First Post
Lazarus - Perform changes are ok with me (what a surprise :D ). I'll rework my skills some time soon.
I also agree Baril would not know nothing but vague rumors about the evil wizard. That's what I actually meant, but I can tone that down in the background if you like.

Some suggestions for connections with other characters:

In general, Baril is somewhat well-traveled and likely to seek company, so he could know just about anyone if you like. He gets along with all kinds of people. He likes the city scene so he spends most of the time he isn't wandering around in the capital.

Rybaer - Baril likes wizards in common, they have the same interest in knowledge as he does. I think our characters could easily be friends if the dwarf is willing to tolerate a babbling bard, that is. :) Maybe Baril had worked for the gnome who trained Bellows as an apprentice and learned to know the dwarf that way?

Shalimar - Baril is not above working with rogues. Actually he likes to be around them, because it reminds him of home, the gypsy caravan. He could have sometimes worked with the group of thieves Tuli was with until the rest of them got caught. Besides, being somewhat an outcast as a gypsy himself, they would have something in common. What do you think?

Tanstaafl - Nylarra, being a noble's daughter in the Corlinna region, could have met Baril. Baril's earlier jobs have mostly been finding information about some pieces of art or other interesting items. People who'd be interested or could afford it would be mostly nobles. Just an idea - some nobles probably wouldn't even consider hiring someone with Baril's heritage.

LazarusLong42

First Post
Re: Re: Filling in details...

Tanstaafl said:

Wow... that's cool. So, she'd be known as Nylarra dul Resta?

Likely not, actually... as the second daughter, she'll never get more than a courtesy title, and anyway she will have a real last name (I'll let you select that). Her father may be Baron dul Resta, but he's also still Conrad <last name>.

Originally posted by Toric_Arthendain
I've decided to go with a Human Cleric of Litsi, seeing as how the party will likely need one!

Heh. And yeah, a cleric of Litsi will be a perfect match for a chaotic Rogue. :)

Shalimar

First Post
Zerth, I think having Baril be an aquaintance and sometimes member of Tuli's band of thieves would work out pretty well. If she ran into him before he for Alten's Rock, that would actually add to her reason for going. With all of her adoptive family dead, a 'cousin' as it were would be an awufly strong draw when the alternative is to be alone and on the run.

If you can think up a pet name that you wouldn't mind Tuli calling him it could work out pretty well indeed, that or I could do it, and she would definitely go for something annoying ;)

Toric, I was actually going to have the deity she prays to be Litsi, not that she is devout in any sense of the word, but muttered oaths an desperate pleas have to be made to someone, and Litsi is the divine being most similair to her, what with the Trickery domain. The orphanage she lived at until she was old enough to run away was actually run by a Claeric of Rinell, thought he was a half-elf, actually Tuli was saved from brigands and certain death by the man, but the whole lawful thing was too stifling on a 4 year-old and it got into a whole viscious cycle.

Okay, I've posted Brevin Inathe, CG Cleric of Litsi in the Rogues Gallery.

Shalimar, feel free to check him out. The background is brief and adjustable so if you want to link them as friends, that would be cool. I figure there are enough parallels given that he tried thieving and is now a cleric of a chaotic god, and that he spent all of his life in Colinna. If you want to add something to Tuli's background about Brevin, I'll then edit his background to match.

Lazarus, could you provide details on the Speed domain that you created? I have chosen Trickery as one domain but I am interested in the Speed domain.

Toric

Shalimar

First Post
Toric, if you want it to be your uncle that found her on the road from Alten's Rock and runs the orphanage thats fine with me, we would know each other pretty intimately then, growing up together and all that. Or just having the Cleric that ran the orphanage just be a fellow cleric of Rinell, thats fine too, its up to you, just tell me what you want to do.

Last edited:

Shalimar, having Brevin's uncle Markus be the cleric that found Tuli on the road to Alten's Rock and the cleric who runs the orphanage works for me. They would have grown up (and occasionally gotten into trouble) together. That sounds good to me.

Toric

Remove ads