Not With a Bang OOC

Rybaer

First Post
Zerth said:

Just how casual the friendship is, can Baril call him Grinder?

Yeah. Actually, he prefers to be called Grinder in most (non-formal) situations. Being called Bellows conveys a small reminder at his failure in becoming a proper smith. He's not ashamed of it, but would rather not dwell on it either.

Tanstaafl

First Post
Zerth: I think that it would be reasonable for Nylarra and Baril to be aquatinted… if her father disapproved of your gypsy heritage it would give her that much more incentive to seek you out.

Rybaer: Nylarra would at the very least be aware of Grinder; how many Gnome magicians have Dwarven apprentices?

It is also posible that Nylarra has met or is somewhat familiar with Nojin or Grunlor through contact during practice sessions or knowing the same swordsmasters, ect.

Sam

First Post
Rybaer said:
Grunlor - I'd likely have met you as one dwarf to another, trying to pick up the news and feel for Alten's Rock over a pint of ale.

That makes sense. Grunlor would find it important to meet and talk with dwarves from other areas. He'd especially be interested in dwarves that lived in traditional dwarven communities (i.e. towns/settlements in the hills or in a mountain, with little or no non-dwarf residents).

LazarusLong42

First Post
Minor character problems:

Rybaer (Grinder): You've taken 3 too many skill points.

Shalimar (Tuli): You've taken 4 too *few* skill points. Did you forget the human skill bonus? :) However, your Disable Device skill is only +8 (4 ranks + 2 Int + 2 feat) and Open Lock at +10 (4 ranks + 4 Dex + 2 feat).

Casar (Nojin): Are you sure you meant +1 on the spear attack with your Urgrosh? As I calculate it, you should get +5 on any single attack, and +3/+3 if you take a full attack and use both ends of the urgrosh. Anyone else want to check me on this?

Tanstaafl (Nylarra): You do realize the MW arrows cost 7 gp apiece, right? Which means 20 would cost 140 gp... which is more than you've already spent, if you still have 101 in gold left.

Sam (Grunlor): Small nitpick, but technically the weapon familiarity isn't a feat, it's inherent. It's threw me off when I saw you had two feats. :)

And finally...

<ping> tburdett, this is your 24-hour notice. Please post in, or I'll grab an alternate.

LazarusLong42

First Post
IC thread posted

All right... the IC thread has been posted. Feel free to get your characters there to see the posting, do any business you'd like to do in town, and meet again on the 3rd of Matess (it's currently three days earlier, 10 Kellit, just a few days after the vernal equinox.)

Please observe the following conventions:

(1) Do not use color or bold type for your character's speech. I know this is generally against convention on these boards, but it is highly distracting to me, and I dare say to many people. If more than one person speaks in your post, please separate their speech into separate paragraphs, as if you were writing a short story.

(2) Place character thoughts in italics, if you wish to express thoughts. Obviously, they would be player knowledge only and not character knowledge (except the character who's having the thought :)), but reading them might give extra insight into the characters.

(3) Place mechanical clarifications, etc., in italics, at the end of the post, with an OOC: mark at the beginning. Thus, you may describe your actions cinematically if you wish, and we can deal with mechanics in an OOC manner.

(4) Please stick to past or present tense, third-person POV.

I'll see what we can do about getting our eighth player moving, or grabbing one of the alternates who posted earlier.

Shalimar

First Post
Shalimar (Tuli): You've taken 4 too *few* skill points. Did you forget the human skill bonus? However, your Disable Device skill is only +8 (4 ranks + 2 Int + 2 feat) and Open Lock at +10 (4 ranks + 4 Dex + 2 feat).

Well, yes I did forget about human skill points. The Open lock and Disable device are each at +2 from the masterwork thieves tools, just put it in their so I didn't forget (Incedentaly the tools are in her boot, although she does keep a smaller piece of wire in her hair to pick manacles if she is divested of her kit). The other disable device glitch came from me thinking it was dexterity based. I put the 4 pts into sense motive.

Rybaer

First Post
LazarusLong42 said:
Minor character problems:

Rybaer (Grinder): You've taken 3 too many skill points.

Uh, I'm not seeing this. Perhaps you counted my bonus in Appraise from the raven familiar as the extra 3 points? Actual ranks spent on skills are:

Appraise, Spot, Listen, Search - 0 each
Concentration, knowledge (arcana), spellcraft - 4 each
knowledge (planes), craft (alchemy) - 2 each
knowledge (local, history, engineering, religion) - 1 each.

Please let me know if you're still seeing a problem.

Last edited:

LazarusLong42

First Post
Rybaer said:
Uh, I'm not seeing this. Perhaps you counted my bonus in Appraise from the raven familiar as the extra 3 points? Actual ranks spent on skills are:

Bingo, that's it. My bad. I wondered why there was an extra *3*--the common mistake would've been an extra *4*.

Shalimar: OK, yep, MW bumps it to +10/+12.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases