City Life

Joseph Jellison

First Post
I am starting a new campaign that is going to take place in one city. The players and I have been playing for many years, so we are decent a playing and knowing the rules and guide lines. But this is our first "City Only" game.

Besides a bigger story quest that I will have going, I am going to be letting the group do little "side" quests.

I am looking for ideas for low lvl side jobs. These jobs could turn into a larger quest, but I am looking to fill some job boards across my city.

I'd suggest these good city sources, which have plenty of scenario ideas:

- Lankhmar (AD&D supplement)
- Geanavue, Stones of Peace (d20, Kalamar setting)

Celebrim

Legend
Alignment and general background of the group? What sort of missions are going to attract their attention? What you plan for a group of thieves in a crime family is very different than for a group of paladins. Could you also sum up the overall culture of the city?

Gilladian

Adventurer
For early adventures, you want them to get to know a particular region of the city. Build a street, a small market, an inn or tavern, maybe 20 npcs. The first adventures should stem from those relationships - rats in the cellar, a missing child, an attempted burglary, a lovers' quarrel gone wrong, can all lead to minor adventures.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Many cities of the world have been built over caves or upon the ruins of earlier cities...or their own previous structures. That means, bcidesthe sewers, there may be all kinds of subterranean spaces to explore. And they’ll be home to forgotten treasures and dangers.

The party can wind up in them on a mission, by taking a wrong turn in the darkness, or a structural collapse that sends them tumbling into those abandoned realms.

Other ideas can be found in the “Campaign Ideas” thread linked to in my sig.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases