some problem about the damage of summoned creature

kuwojin

First Post
how the damage calculate? i used to add my feat item and class bonus to its damage just as wizard do an attack,am i right?
but Elemental Pact Reward describes
Benefit: You gain proficiency with scale armor. Inaddition, you gain a bonus to the damage rolls of your
warlock and warlock paragon path attack powers.
The bonus equals your Constitution modifier. The
bonus increases to 2 + your Constitution modifier at
5th level, 4 +your Constitution modifier at 15th level,
and 6 +your Constitution modifier at 25th level.
At 9th level, you also gain this bonus to the
damage rolls of the creature you summon with
summon warlock's ally.

it seems that i cant add all the above damage to my summoned creature,so does anyone tell me the answer? thx

Yeah, frankly this is just bad 4e design. Page 121 of the Rules Compendium makes it clear that when a summons is granted the ability to make an attack, then the attack is made BY THE SUMMONER and that attack and damage bonuses are those of the summoner (which really need not even be said explicitly since they've already stated the summoner is making the attack, yet it IS stated, reinforcing the point). This doesn't include any 'temporary' bonuses (which is a bit ambiguous in some situations, but we can generally interpret this to mean bonuses from conditions or effects). One might also assume, though it isn't really stated explicitly, that certain effects on the SUMMONS should also be considered (IE if it is dazed, if it is flanking something, etc), but nothing explicit is ever stated here, and given the slightly odd situation that the summons isn't the attacker a VERY literal reading would say that something like flanking can never provide a bonus, though I think few GMs would rule that way.

The point is, the bonus from this feat ALREADY applies, beyond any doubt, at least as of RC. I believe even PHB2 has the same basic wording though, so go figure. Someone just plain did not understand summons when they wrote the text of that pact reward. I guess another interpretation is you get the bonus TWICE in the given situation, though I think that probably is NOT the intended reading (still, it doesn't seem like a BAD way to go, summons aren't exactly game-breakingly good powers to start with).

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases