[FFD20] Let's Mass our Forces, and Rebuild our Power

shoes

First Post
Blarg = yes!

Creamsteak said:
Well, if you were to do an FFD20 conversion of the games from 7-10, D20 modern would be the way to go about it. Those games, however, are not my personal target for a system. I'd rather play the classic FFs, which to me includes Tactics.

Same here, I going for more Final Fantasy 1 through 6 style of play, more specifically more based around the crystals. Right now I've created an Archer, Black Mage, Gadgeteer, Martial Artist, Red Mage, and White Mage classes (Fighter & Rogue were already there in the Phb) and I'm starting on some races, more specifically FFTA's races.

The Goblin King

First Post
Has anyone looked at BESM D20? I am thinking of using it as a base for a FF style game. I just have to rename some stuff and come up with spell lists.

Adventurer = ? Might just keep the name as it is.

Dynamic Sorcerer = White Mage, Black Mage, and Red Mage

Giant Robot = Will probably leave this one alone. IIRC there is a robot that joins you in some FF game.

Gun Bunny = Archer. I will give them something else instead of the John Woo style shooting they get later on.

Hot Rod = Cavalry? Mounted Warrior? Knight? I will just have to alter it a bit to take out the motorcycles.

Magical Girl = Ugh. If I can come up with a really good name I might keep it otherwise its out.

Martial Artist = Martial Artist

Mecha Pilot = Not sure if I will change the name. I have D20 Mecha as well so this character could have any vehicle (read: airship) as a 'mecha'.

Ninja = Ninja

Pet Monster Trainer = Summoner

Samurai = Samurai

Sentai Member = I don't remember any examples of this in FF so it might be gone.

Shapechanger = Shapechanger

Student = Another class that might be dropped. Or not.

Tech Genius = Cid. err, I mean Tech Genius.

From the PHB:

Rouge = Thief. Although I'm not sure they are sufficiently different from Ninja to warrant another class. The Ninja is a better fighter but the Thief is better skilled.

Fighter = Fighter. Once again I'm not sure if they are different enough. A Samurai has the same BAB progression, same saves, more skills, less feats then a Fighter.

Barbarian = Berserker

The only thing I'm stuck on is Bards. There are examples of song based magic users in FF but I wanted to make them different from the other mages. I might go the route EverquestRPG took. Its costs 1 MP to cast a song but they have to make skill checks to keep singing.

It does feel kind of odd though. Playing an anime D&D game based on a video game which drew inspiration from the old D&D game. :)

djstriker

First Post
Is this conversion Dead?

Man I would hate to see this die I loved your Tactics Conversion and came across this one and must say I had my hopes up to see it completely done. Hope you are still working on it.

TheDJ known as Striker

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases