D&D 5E D&D Videogames- Do you want a mobile/console game?

Other than PCs, what platforms do you want your D&D videogame on?

• Consoles. I KILL ORCS ON MY TV!

Votes: 12 33.3%
  • Mobile. I KILL ORCS ON MY PHONE!

Votes: 4 11.1%
  • Console and Mobile. I KILL ORCS EVERYWHERE!

Votes: 3 8.3%
  • Neither. D&D should only be on the computer.

Votes: 15 41.7%
  • 'Twas billing, and the slithy toves, did not force me to answer this poll.

Votes: 2 5.6%

• Poll closed .

DammitVictor

Trust the Fungus
Supporter
I'm really hoping that I can go for the rest of my life never having to own a phone that I could play a D&D game on, but I don't want the people who like smartphones to be deprived of the D&D experience. I suspect that Idle Champions of the Forgotten Realms will be available for mobiles as soon as it is officially released, and I'm glad.

Likewise, I've pretty much given up on the console market. I've got some lingering desire for a Switch, but I'm not likely to take the plunge. As unlikely as it is that we'll ever get another actual turn-based, multiple character, D&D CRPG... the chances of getting such a game on a modern console are even slimmer. I'm delighted to see the Gold Box Games are available on GOG now, with a section dedicated to them on the Wizards site, but I seriously doubt they're going to try to revisit the genre.

DM Howard

Explorer
I would never touch a D&D console game because if it were to be made for console then it darn well better be made for the PC as well! I wouldn't mind more mobile games, but I'd like to see something more active than a game like Idle Champions.

BookBarbarian

Expert Long Rester
I came here ready to say no mobile, but old point and click games like Baldur's Gate work surprisingly well on a decent size tablet. At lease the Enhanced editions do. So while I don't play phone games, i do occasionally play a tablet or mobile gaming device game.

Istbor

Dances with Gnolls
While I have seen direct ports to mobile such as, Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions, work well. The controls for said game are somewhat a pain, and you end up yearning for something on a larger screen with an easier interface.

Stick to computers and mini-computer/media centers until we advance the phone technology some more.

Koren n'Rhys

Explorer
I'm really hoping that I can go for the rest of my life never having to own a phone that I could play a D&D game on, but I don't want the people who like smartphones to be deprived of the D&D experience. I suspect that Idle Champions of the Forgotten Realms will be available for mobiles as soon as it is officially released, and I'm glad.
Idle Champions seems interesting from what little I've read, but seems like a game that belongs on mobile, so I was a bit confused to see it was only for PC. I'd like to give it a shot and hope it does come out for Android so I can try it on my phone and/or tablet(s).

I have an ancient PC and a XBox 360 that doesn't really get used, so those are out. I'm on my tablet or phone most the time, and have a Chomebook too. So I'm always on the lookout for good games - fantasy/D&D turn-based ideally, or a good space dog-fighting game ala the old PC X-Wing games - that are either web-based, or are mobile apps.

There are tons of choices for PC or consoles, those of us who don't want to be locked in front of the TV or computer need options too!

Hillsy7

First Post
I voted both. My reasons being that I think for gamers that want heavy mechanics and broad party based play that minimises some of the deeper character focus of single player "witcher" type games or mmos, the more casual pick up and play interactions with mobile synergies quite well. While I'm not talking a broad multiquest, large content divinity title, a streamlined on rails encounter game (maybe xcom mission based) could hold enough content to scratch the itch for automated d&d.

Then I'd definitely like to see something more single character for a console where that sort of thing shines. Great story, in-depth character dev, lots of fluid world dynamics (to account for screwing up, the bread and butter of tabletop gaming)....maybe some multiplayer.

You could go crazy ambitious and have a player build a small party and weave separate story threads together in a more west marches style game where each "quest" has a very definite lead character linked to the story. That would be really tough though to do right....

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases