N.E.W. and and the not so new B5 : )

yrtalien

Explorer
I am considering a W.O.I.N. N.E.W. game based in the B5 universe. Although the setting will be futuristic I intend to incorporate the Magic system in the form of the Techno-mages... I also intend to use CHI if I can come up with a race or school or something that would utilize or call on that sort of power. Maybe a gift from one of the remaining First Ones...

I intend the majority of the players to be Human but am open...

Since I know I have someone who wants to be part of Psi Corp.

Origin:
Erudite [2d6+6 years]
Prerequisites: none.
Attributes: END +1, WIL +1, PSI +1
Skill choices: concentration, empathy, law, telepathy
The Corp is Mother the Corp is Father. Whether born into the Corp or found through common screenings, you were raised and taught by those who understand you best, your own kind. If you survive pushing and burnout you might just someday be able to earn your own keep... and if nothing else... breeding stock.

Casting / P-Speak. You can send short telepathic messages to people with whom you have an established relationship. A certain degree of comfort, feeling, or insight must be invested into the person.
The Gloves and The Pin / Or Dressing from the Same Closet. In spite of their usefulness and training human telepaths are still regarded with trepidation and fear by their people. It is up to the Guide to establish a higher bar with most mundanes before establishing a relationship.

How does that sound as an Origin? I'm not certain Origins are supposed to have negatives but since I was offering a weaker version of a power that usually requires Empathy I figured it was justified...maybe?
Anyone familiar with the show have any ideas on how to incorporate CHI?
Anyone have any ideas?
Will work on creating a Techno-Mage Origin after I take a nap...

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
the Psi-Cop career in the core rulebook was very inspired by B5. And the commercial telepaths like Lyta Alexander helped inform the Psychic.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases