Player's Guide to Wizards, Bards, & Sorcerers

Kirowan

First Post
Did anyone pick this up lately? I looked at Sword & Sorcery's website but there isn't much info on it. What does it contain? Are the prestige classes Scarred Lands specific? How about just a general description?

Nick

gariig

First Post
What is the usefulness outside of Scarred Lands? Not that I don't own all the hardbacks(except the Ghelsped CS). Just wondering how high I should make these on my buy it soon list.

Gariig

Plane Sailing

Astral Admin - Mwahahaha!
Piratecat said:
I wrote part of the Sorcerers chapters. :D

So, is it any good? what distinguishes it from, say, Tome and Blood as far as sorcerers are concerned?

(although its landed in the UK, all sealed up where I am so I can't look inside.)

Cheers

Bagpuss

Legend
Plane Sailing said:
Although its landed in the UK, all sealed up where I am so I can't look inside.

Cheers

Have you tried asking permission to look inside it? Also they can't force you to buuy something just for taking the shrinkwrap off.

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
Okay I'll do the best of my ability to answer, even though I didn't have a lot to do with it:

1: Regarding 3.5, it is compatible, mostly because they were scheduled for January/Feburary release but they got pushed back when 3.5 was first announced.

2: PC is correct. He wrote the chapter on Sorcerers (I remember him telling me and a few others that). If it says otherwise, that's a mistake. Mike Gill did Bards. Ethan Skemp was the one doing wizards. (Which in it self is interesting but I'll let him handle that.)

3: Compared to tome and blood, the sorcerer has a lot more going for him. While those of you that have Relics and Rituals 2 will understand this, I think it bears repeating. Sorcerers in the Scarred lands have special bloodline, not all of them draconic. Some are titanic. Thus they have what are called Scion feat. Scion feats allow sorcerers to cast certain spells +1 effective caster level. Plus a bonus on various skills/abilities/etc. In exchange for this, each time a new known spell slot becomes available, that must be filled by one of the sorcerer's scion spells. (There are two for each level) These must be filled as required by the feat. Also there are two or three sorcerer only Prestige Classes. Two of them are Scion feat related, Blessed of Mesos, and Angel-blooded.

Hope that's helpful.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases