Save Bluffside

der_kluge

Adventurer
So what do the fans want to see for Bluffside? Modules? More Locations, more NPCs? Details on the organizations? Crunchy bits?

I mean, damn, Bluffside is already more city than a reasonable person can shake a stick at (I should know, I've tried, and I just can't shake a stick at it). So what is there a demand for?

Crothian

First Post
die_kluge said:
So what do the fans want to see for Bluffside? Modules? More Locations, more NPCs? Details on the organizations? Crunchy bits?

I mean, damn, Bluffside is already more city than a reasonable person can shake a stick at (I should know, I've tried, and I just can't shake a stick at it). So what is there a demand for?

The Black Tower, more info on the history and the many secrets of Bluffside. More on the cliff divers, I really like those guys and that idea.

Dave G

First Post
What do _I_ want to see for Bluffside?

I would love to see an adventure written up that takes a party from the city into the ruins of Sem La Vah (sic?)

I would like a web enhancement perhaps doing more to detail the agendas of the political players in Bluffside. It could even be done in installments, the way that WotC has been doing their Sembia Matchmaker thing in the Realms. I think this setting is great for political intrigue, and that showcasing even a couple of the players from the book would probably get people's imaginations churning.

Don't get me wrong, I love that the setting has a lot of suggestion within it (meaning you haven't done all of the work for us, but rather gave plenty of hooks to expand upon) but at the same time, This is a city set around ruins which we know very little about. The artifact buildings within the city are cool too, but as Crothian said, more info on the black tower and the secrets are good candidates.

I fail to see the gripe that the setting's not unique enough, I think with a little tweaking this is an 'everywhere' product.

Also, I think the religions of Bluffside could use some expansion, maybe also in the form of a series of web enhancements.

There's my 2 copper's worth. Y'all do know I love this game don't you :)

drnuncheon

Explorer
Re: What do _I_ want to see for Bluffside?

Dave G said:
I fail to see the gripe that the setting's not unique enough, I think with a little tweaking this is an 'everywhere' product.

Indeed, most of my personal tweaks were to take out some of the more unique stuff - simply because the tone of the campaign I'm using doesn't work well with the Dragori, the Nevae, or the Sixam.

J

der_kluge

Adventurer
You can blame Meg "pantsless" Hal for the Sixam. :)
And for the Nevae, too, as far as that goes.

No one has complained about Steam Gnomes yet, so that's good. ;)

annadobritt

First Post
Good grief!! I'm out of the loop for a while and when I return, Bluffside is in need of help!!

Well, somehow I will get that netbook done even if it kills me.

Crothian

First Post
annadobritt said:
Good grief!! I'm out of the loop for a while and when I return, Bluffside is in need of help!!

Well, somehow I will get that netbook done even if it kills me.

Anna if you want some help e-mail me. I know I bailed on it once, but I'm willing to have a second go. :)

Kichwas

Half-breed, still living despite WotC racism
Wether or not a product stays isn't based on how good it is but how well it sells.

That's why DnD lasted through it's first two Advanced editions...

For Bluffside to keep going, it should have tied itself into a larger product line, or become a full product line in it's own right early on.

In the end though, there's only so much room in the market, for every success, there have to be several failures.

If you want this book to suceed, what book will you chose to get pushed out?

I like Bluffside -I think it's one of the better settings out there- and I'd prefer it was one of the ones that suceeded. But honestly, I could tell it wouldn't not long after it came out, based on the type of support it got, and the way it was presented and hyped. There just wasn't enough cheese in there...

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases