Save Bluffside

JoeGKushner

First Post
When MEG revamps The Hunt setting for 3.5, I hope that they tightly integrate Bluffside. They can update all of the Bluffside material to 3.5, give it a home setting, and provide sidebars for using this part of the Hunt in other campaigns. It's what I call the Win-Win situation. Not only does it save readers the time of updating the rules to 3.5, but provides the city a solid base with some ideas of how to fit it into an existing setting.

Twin Rose

First Post
Just tossing in my support, as I happen to love bluffside and have found that it fits very well with the history and story of my world. Of course, I would love to learn more about the Ice Age, what caused it, and what will happen when it comes again (something like Malhavoc's end of the world book, a what-if-scenario enhancement would be great) "The Coming of Ice" could even be generic enough for any setting.

Other ideas off the top of my head that might support bluffy:

Small enhancements (working with other publishers) giving notes on how to integrate bluffside into various campaigns.

What is shipping like between Bluffside and Freeport? How did the ancient people of Sem La Vah and the Serpent people interract? Were the two cataclysms tied together?

How about finding out that Sem La Vah was in fact the ancient city that once rivalled Penance in the Forge, located on the shores of the northern Ocean in Wildwood [Oathbound]?

How would Bluffside mesh with the rules and setting of Midnight Campaign Setting? Is it a refuge for spellcasters, far from the persecution?

Just a few thoughts ... :)

Sixchan

First Post
I still have my free copy that Hal sent me back at Christmas. I'm not a big fan of most setting books, but this one was great. I stil use it in my games frequently. Ahh...memories.:D

Psion

Adventurer
Well, Bluffside is more useful to me as something static as opposed to something I have to chase after anyways.

That said, there are two things that I need resolution on before you relegate it to the back burner:

- The archeological dig area.
- The black tower in the wizard's quarter.

Don't leave us hanging!

JoeGKushner

First Post
Psion said:
Well, Bluffside is more useful to me as something static as opposed to something I have to chase after anyways.

That said, there are two things that I need resolution on before you relegate it to the back burner:

- The archeological dig area.
- The black tower in the wizard's quarter.

Don't leave us hanging!

Now that would be interesting if they could combine the two elements into one 96 page adventure/sourceobok.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases