EB's Tyranny of Dragons - OOC (full)

Let's see if we can't move this to at least the "getting in part"

Plan so far:
Xull'ivan will cast sleep on kobolds [on] cultists guarding the door. Others use ranged weapons if capable to take out stragglers.
Filmark and ??? (whatever face the group has to convince civilians inside to leave) step up to take care of the rest.

Tina - widening hole
Sebastian and Rumdum - lookouts??

So that leaves William and Tyrial to go with Filmark, the three of them sound like a solid strike force.

If TallIan and hero4hire are ok to tag along

Phase 2: Tina widens the hole while lookouts track the movement of the patrol.
William and Tyrial should probably drag the sleeping guards into the church so civilians don't have to step over the guards while escaping.
If the convincing and the packing up and moving is fast enough, civilians start rushing out of the church to Tina who will be waving at them to come to her. Tina will also tell able bodied folk to just climb the fence for speed purposes.

The real issue is what happens when the patrol arrives 5 or so minutes later.

Oh, and one last issue with this plan. It splits the party. :) But, yeah, whenever he's ready, Xull'ivan should kick the plan into motion in the IC by casting the spell and we'll see how fast we all die. :)

EarlyBird

Explorer
Been super busy this week because next week is a holiday, work trying to get ahead before they fall behind.

Will update and advance things here by SUN afternoon. Please let me know anything you want to do before leaving the church area. Can also retcon if we need to.

We've been in the church for 2-3 rounds (2+ minutes in 1e parlance) and only two townsfolk have left the church. That is hair-pullingly frustrating. I've wanted to be as far away from the church by now as humanly possible. But we can only cajole them so much. When you slam that battering into the front door again, Tina is leaving and telling her companions they should do the same and later she will pray for those who were too stupid to leave.

EarlyBird

Explorer
This was an RP encounter, I know you couldn't have known that, so it came down to getting XP for the foes defeat and saving townsfolk. I think also dividing by 5 makes the XP drop per character kind of steeply. Will start trying to give out more individual xp, I was reading up on it last week.

Some missions will be lower than average and some higher. This was a lower one, sorry.

You also have to pace/scale the XP depending on what level you expect the party to be at for whatever future problems hold. We're only about 1/4 of our way through level 1 after several detailed encounters.

EarlyBird

Explorer
Yeah that is how this part of the Adventure runs. Instead of a dungeon full of rooms, it is a bunch of missions for the PCs to go on, with a bit of rest/RP in-between. The main XP will come at the end of the chapter based on mission completions and how much of the town is left standing.

I had to take and adjust the XP for the monsters upward because the game has it figured for gaining 300xp for level 1 when everyone here needs 4 or 5 times that. So hoping I have that fixed.

Remove ads