Sustain minor armor?

Ironnipple

First Post
Hey guys, I was looking up some things for my hero (I'm pretty new to d&d), and remember reading something about an armor that allows you to sustain a spell for a minor action or something similar to that.

But now I can't find what I read, and Google is not helping me at all. Any idea which book I can find things like this in?

Thanks a lot guys.

Oh, and bonus question, is there anything like the spider kissed enhancement (makes any attack with the enhanced melee weapon have the poison effect) but for bows? If it helps (or hinders), a teammate enchanted my bow so it fires magical arrows now (as in I don't have to actually knock an arrow, just pull back on the string and an arrow is there)

Tony Vargas

Legend
Hey guys, I was looking up some things for my hero (I'm pretty new to d&d), and remember reading something about an armor that allows you to sustain a spell for a minor action or something similar to that.
I vaguely remember a neck-slot item that would sustain a power for one turn.

Any idea which book I can find things like this in?
Most like Adventurer's Vault. Possibly arcane or divine power?

Oh, and bonus question, is there anything like the spider kissed enhancement (makes any attack with the enhanced melee weapon have the poison effect) but for bows?
There's a glove that lets you poison a weapon you're holding, don't recall if it's specifically a melee weapon.

Eh, there's a lot of books you can check...

OTOH if you go http://www.wizards.com/dndinsider/compendium/database.aspx here, then you can at least search on names of things, even if you can't bring up the details without an active DDI subscription. Its still kinda handy, as it does show you which books things are in.

So, for example, Venomous Songbow is in Dragon #390, which might be worth checking out if you can find someone who downloaded it. I have no idea what it does, but there's a good chance it might be what you want!

I think Desert Rose is an AV consumable that has some sustaining effects, I forget exactly what it sustains...

Sustain

Sustaining Cloak - PHR Tieflings - Encounter power to sustain for 1 round as No Action
Orb of Judicious Conjuration - AV - Encounter power to sustain for 1 round as Free Action
Desert Rose (consumable) - AV - get 1 round of free sustain
Orb of Enduring Magic - MME - Encounter power to sustain ALL your sustains for 1 round as Minor Action
Spell Anchors (hands) - AV - Daily, Free to sustain 1 round
Staff of Magius - Dragon #421 - Encounter, Free
Circlet of Continuity - AV2 - Encounter to sustain when you're stunned
Orb of Indefatigable Concentration - AV - Daily, Free you can can sustain X rounds for free where X = Enhancement bonus
Ring of Focus - AV2 - when you reach a milestone you can sustain as a no action, when you use this ring's Daily power (so it lasts for 1 Encounter)

-----

Poison

There are way too many hits in DDI Compendium for me to go through them all, but a few from the Weapons category:

Venemous Songbow - Dragon #390 - bard weapon, Daily applies ongoing poison
Serpentine Knife of Zannad - Book of Vile Darkness - Encounter applies ongoing poison
Poisoned Weapon - AV - Daily applies ongoing poisons + weakened
Spiderkissed Weapon - Dragon #367 - all damage is poison damage, and Daily to apply drow poison effects (Slowed, first failed save Immobilized)

There's a bunch more like that with Daily poison powers. Spiderkissed or Mordant Weapon (poison + acid) are the best if you just want all poison, all the time. But be aware a lot of enemies are randomly immune to poison -- it's a pretty bad damage type.

Remove ads