Not With a Bang, I: Its Own Reward

Shalimar

First Post
Tuli gives Kelta her most innocent smile, "I didn't really mean any harm, its just people have such interesting things in their pouches, not that I'd actually take them you understand, I was just being curious is all..." she trails off as Kelta looks at her so intently from the different angles.

She gives the older woman the same looks right back before nodding which sends her black pony tail bouncing. "Yes, I was born here, but we moved away when I was little, I was only 4 years old." her tiny brow scrunches for a moment as if she is trying to remember something, "Your name is... Kelta, right? I sort of remember you, I'm Tuli, my dad was a blacksmith here, before we moved I mean." a sad frown works its way onto her delicate mouth.

LazarusLong42

First Post
Kelta's eyes light up in recognition. "Tuli... I remember that name. Your father was Anibar Sunray, wasn't he? He was one of the best smiths in town, and a favorite customer of me and Kirian's. Why, you was just a babe when your parents packed up for Colinna. Snatched up by some noble to work, as I recall. But that was... what, ten years ago? What's happened t' your father and mother? And what brings y' back to Alten's Rock?"

OOC: Shalimar: We can take this as far as you'd like :)

All: Don't worry... I have plans for all of you. <evil grin>

Nojin smashes the third mug of half drinken ale across his skull and quickly waves for a replacement glass and a refill..... the pattern does not appear to be near its end. "I'll find ye Kasendar Ive got to...." Nojin tips the glass way back guzzling the ale, having much spill down his sides. -SMASH- (mug 4)

OOC: tally up the mug cost if you like Nojin will pay, as for if Im drunk yet.... is it possible for a dwarf to get drunk let alone when half his ale is on his forehead.

Shalimar

First Post
Tuli gives a small sniffle, as she looks up at the female Inn-keeper, " Yes, that was my daddy, the best blacksmith around," she says proudly, "But it was 12 years ago, I'm 16 now. Our..our caravan was attacked by bandits on the way there, and I...I was the only to survive, mommy and daddy, and Felessan and everyone else was killed. It was pretty awful and I had to live in an orphanage run by this cleric of Rinell, he was pretty strict." she said glumly, a few sparkling tears trailing down her cheeks.

Zerth

First Post
Baril smiles. "I knew I could count on you, Grinder. I see old Bristlebrock hasn't been able to change you much." The bard continues as they make their way to the common room: "I'm looking forward to meet Melian myself. You're right, there's certainly more than meets the eye involved here."

When Grinder mentions the Staff of the Magi, Baril adds: "Yes, I wonder what brings a big fish in the little pond. Have to say though, that the man has some sense of humor."

The two friends sit down and order some food and drink. Then Baril stands up. "You wait here, while they bring the food, I'll go get the friends I mentioned."

Doesn't take long until Baril spots Tuli with the innkeeper. I should've known. Nothing happens here without Kelta noticing. I hope Tuli isn't in trouble... Baril takes one of his patented smiles and walks to Tuli and Kelta. "There you are, Tuli! I see you have already found time to make friends with our honorable hostess."

"Hello, Kelta. How's business these days?"

After finding lodging for Frolic, Brevin returns to the Hog's Back. Squeezing through the crowd, he scans the room looking for Tuli or Baril. He doesn't see either of them right away but does find the sign that everyone is gathered around reading. Curiousity getting the better of him, he stops and waits for an opening to get close enough to read it. 1500 gold? That is an unbelievable amount of coin! Who in this small town has that much money? After reading the sign, he turns his attention back to finding his friends and quickly spots them talking with an older woman. He starts making his way over to them through the crowd. I hope she hasn't gotten into trouble already.

"Frolic has a roof over his head for the night," Brevin says, placing a hand on Tuli's shoulder. "Don't worry about the cost, I'll put it on your tab," he finishes with a chuckle.

Shalimar

First Post
"Thank you Brevin, I owe you." she says in a tone of voice that you hear quite often, it actually means your never going to see a copper, but I love you anyway. "though if you stabled 'him' I'd want to know what you did to my pony, since she is a female." she says teasingly, a little of the her usual cheeryness returning at the chance to tease her companion.

Smirking she introduced him to their hostess. "Brevin, I'd like you to meet Kelta, she was friends with my father while we still lived here in Alten's Rock, she runs this in very strict, so you had better watch yourself you naughty boy or she is liable to take you over her knee." She said winking at Baril and Kelta before turning to fully face the older woman.

"This is Brevin, he lived at the orphanage too, actually it was his uncle that found me and saved me and brought me to the Orphanage that he runs."

Rybaer

First Post
Grinder props his quarterstaff up against the table and drops his backpack and crossbow at his feet. The backpack, given that it contains his spellbook, is never allowed to get far away. His floppy, wide-brimmed hat is hung off the top of his staff.

While Baril is off fetching his friends, Grinder digs into the food placed before him. Stew, bread, cheese, and leg of lamb, with a stout ale to wash it down. It quickly erases the last week's worth of tasteless fare aboard the barge. In the back of his mind, he senses that Trinket has found food to be quite plentiful in town.

Between bites of food, Grinder spares a casual glance around the crowded room. Mostly humans, he notes, but there are a couple dwarves across the room. Might have to check in with them later, he thinks to himself.

Last edited:

Zerth

First Post
When he hears Tuli's latest wisecrack, Baril, trying hard to cover his amusement, whispers to Brevin: "Someone around here sure could use a little spankin' and it ain't you..."

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases