Not With a Bang, I: Its Own Reward

Sam

First Post
Rybaer said:
While waiting for a response, Grinder picks up the magic summoning trinket and begins to give it a professional inspection.

Now that Grunlor has decided to participate in the quest he is eager to be underway. "We should be on our way then", he says as he looks to the rest of the group. "Let those theives and goblins be wary Master Melian. We will be back directly with your family heirloom."

Nojin stands and bellows out "Aye to battle we shall charge and all shall fall in my wake." That said he pounds his fist down on the table as hard as he can right on the part of the map where Melian pointed the hideout to be. "And if me bruther is there ain't no one gonna be nothing left o this band o thieves and fools"

Brevin eyes the gold on the table, the lightness of his own belt pouch noticeable on his hip. "We'll find the gem, Melian," he says. "May Litsi guide our way and fool our enemies."

He'll scoop out his share of the gold and dump it into his belt pouch. "Does anyone need to take care of any business before we get started? Tuli, maybe Frolic needs to stay behind...for her own safety."

Zerth

First Post
"Other than purchasing some rations, I'm all set to go", Baril informs. He folds the map carefully and slips it to his map case. "I hope noone minds if I'm keeping this safe in here?", he says gently patting the side of the map case.

Shalimar

First Post
"If you think its wise, I guess I can stable her for while we are gone, but I think she'd be ok." Tuli says, giving a shrug. "I guess I had best speak to Kelta about her." she says, suiting action to wordss, sliding off the safe, her share of the advance already in her pouch, an action which most of the others missed. She leaves the room humming softly.

"Kelta, I'm going out of town for a bit, with Brevi and Baril, and I was wondering, If I leave Frolic here, can you take care of her? See that she gets some nice treats and all?" the child thief asks the old innkeep, holding out the coin to pay for the Pony's care.

LazarusLong42

First Post
Melian nods at the group of you. "Very well then. If I do not hear from you within one week, I shall assume that I need to send another party searching. Good luck to you, and good day. Good day, Kelta," he says, nodding at the barkeep, who is standing outside the door.

"I do hope y'know what y're gettin' yourselves into," she says. "My husband, bless his soul, used to get caught up in 'adventures' like this. He loved them. Nearly killed him, but he came out all right in the end. I hope you folks do too."

Tuli attempts to pay Kelta 5 gold to stable Frolic, but Kelta won't accept more than 2 gp. The rest of you divvy up the gold Melian has left behind, make your purchases as needed, and prepare to leave town.

NB: One week is ten days here.

--------

DM assumes you'll leave that day, to get on your way quickly.

The Hallis road isn't busy at this time of year; mining operations tend to be slow in the winter, and the first caravans of minerals and goods coming out of Hallis Hill won't be moving for another week or two. As you walk, you pass few others on the road.

The rest of the 3rd passes uneventfully; shortly after dusk, you come across a waystation on a trail about fifty meters from the road--little more than a couple of adirondack shelters with their backs toward the prevailing winds. No one else occupies it, and it seems a good a place as any to sleep.

In the morning, however, as you prepare to head back to the main road, you all hear a rather loud growling sound coming from the trail. Three wolves emerge, though calling them 'wolves' is a bit generous; they look haggard and malnourished, as though they've had difficulty hunting for a week or more. They also look hungry. Very hungry.

And they are staring straight at you, who apparently look very tasty right now.

OOC: Actions?

Initiative:

Arkan: 24 (natural 20)
Grinder: 19
Nojin: 14
Baril: 13
Nylarra: 9
Tuli: 7
Grunlor: 5
Brevin: 3

Last edited:

Sam

First Post
Grunlor readies his Dwarven Waraxe, takes a battle stance in front of the wolves and shouts "Grab yer swords & shields all. There's some mangy curs here and they look like they be looking fer trouble!"

Zerth

First Post
"Well, they won't find this gypsy to be a willing meal", Baril shouts reaching for a weapon.

OOC: Take shortbow and ready action to shoot if and when the wolves attack. If the wolves attack before my action, Baril wields his rapier and strikes back if there are any wolves close enough.

Nojin slams the flat of the axe on his Urugrosh to his helmet and charges up to be the closest between the group and the wolves. "Ye puppies want to be playen, well then ye gonna be payen"

OOC: If the wolves make any threatening moves towards us I charge in at the center one, using a charge if there is enough room, will attack with both ends of the urgrosh if that is the case.

Shalimar

First Post
Tuli draws one of her knives from where it was hidden in the back of her tights and readies an action to throw it if they attack. "Aww, they look so hungry. Their problem just seems to be that they don't know how to ask. Anyone have any meat to share with them?" she asks her companions.

Remove ads