D&D 5E LF Crit Fishing Build

krunchyfrogg

Explorer
Fighter with pact of the chain warlock familiar gives advantage on attacks with help action. That way you generate advantage even on creatures that are too big to shove and it can scout and a few handy spells and abilities.

Other option could be beast master ranger but easier to resummon familiar imo

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Considering the large number of feats a fighter gets, you would be better off with the magic initiate feat and the find familiar spell. The owl has flyby, which is probably the best option.

smbakeresq

Explorer
So I'm crunching a few numbers on the crit fishing paladin. At level 14 It looks like the crit fishing half-orc paladin 11 / champion 3 may actually be very comparable to a SS CE fighter using Precision attack. (This is without elven accuracy). This was assuming advantage every round which you will have quite a few rounds but not every round. All in all even if you reduce his damage by 20% to help account for not getting shield masters prone to land every round then you still are doing fairly comparative damage against 16+ ac. Please validate my conclusions. It does appear that early on he won't be winning any damage contests with the SS CE fighter, though he will have paladin utility and saves and defenses and shield masters potential party synergy and increased defense it gives against dex saves.

It would be cool if you could confirm my initial suspicions blue. I think this character may actually be even more effective than I'd initially considered.

Shield Master is very underrated for boosting damage, yours and the whole groups. Just rolling with advantage takes a regular critical chance (20 only) from %5 to %9.025, with 2 attacks you will have about a %17 chance to have at least 1 crit. If you crit on 19-20, then you have an %19 crit chance with advantage, with 2 attacks the chance of getting at least one crit is about %35 IIRC.

Your team will notice and focus fire automatically to get that crit chance in.

Makes enlarge spell a good boost also.

Shield master also give some rather useful save bonus also, and prone cuts speed in half (to stand up.) You can also shove them into stuff.

Matthew Newman1

First Post
the quickest 20%ish chance to crit per turn is the frenzied reckless barbarian only lvl 3. another attack as Bonus action and reckless adv is powerful.
then if you want constant high damage go rogue useing str rapier (dice crit av 37)(av dice damage perturn 40)

otherwise i think paladin for over killing the crits plus extra attack (29%crit chance per turn) longsword depending on length between long rests (dice crit av 35. max crit 43)(av dice damage perturn 42)

darkrose50

First Post
I am playing a Vengeance Paladin with Sentinel and Shield Master . . . it is nice. Vengeance gives you advantage, Sentinel is just cool, and shield bashing is fun!

pygmybatrider

First Post
As said earlier, a Half Orc Barbarian with a Champion dip is the way to go.

Grab the Dual Wielder feat and a horse and you can charge around Gaia the Fierce Knight style with dual lances, landing 3 1d12+Str+Rage attacks per round at advantage, doing a ridiculous amount of d12s on a crit. Enjoy smooshing faces!

Remove ads