D&D 5E [Help]LVL 20 One-Shot Fun Builds

kalverra

First Post
So, I was invited to participate in a 5e Lvl 20 One-Shot campaign, with the the core races and classes allowed, and a multi-class restriction by the DM of having to have a minimum of 16/4 in multi-classing (no dipping) [So I could go 10/10, 15/5, 16/4, 12/8, etc]. The issue I'm having is I'm not very experienced with 5e, and I've never played past lvl 15 in any edition.

I'm looking for off-the-wall fun builds and concepts that are just hands down fun to play. (an example would be Grogg, the Charismatic Half-Orc Rouge. Dumped his points into Cha and Intimidation, neglecting dexterity. If anyone caught him sneaking around he would just intimidate them, shout "You do not see Grogg", succeed, and going about his business.)

So let your creativity flow, and whichever build I decide to go with I'll post feedback on how it went!

~Cheers and Thanks

Edit: You are NOT required to multi-class.

Last edited:

pdegan2814

First Post
Personally, I'd want to try out either a Lvl20 Fighter or Lvl20 Barbarian, for the sheer amount of pain you can inflict :)

Level 20 fighters get your four attacks, multiple action surges, and save re-rolls, plus whatever subclass abilities you go with. Barbarians get those sweet sweet Str and Con boosts at Level 20. If you grab the Tough feat along the way, I believe that's 325 HP using the fixed values instead of rolling, if you maxed your Str and Con to 20 before getting that capstone ability. Who wouldn't love that? :)

Multiclassing a full caster would mean giving up 9th-level spells since you get them at 17, but I'd probably enjoy a Blade Warlock 12/Fighter 8. Warlocks with Bard dips can be fun too, you can use the lower level Bard spell slots for spells that don't scale, like Hex(ok yes technically it does scale, but do you really want to keep concentration going for 24 hours?), Misty Step etc. And save your 3 Pact slots for stuff that does scale, potentially a nice 5th-level heal in an emergency.

In my first 5e campaign I played a Fighter(Battle Master)/Rogue(Assassin) archer up to 13th level(Fighter 8/Rogue 5) that was a lot of fun. Scaling that up to 20th level, I would probably do 12/8 one way or the other, but most likely Fighter 12 since I like their 9-12 abilities better(especially that 3rd attack at F11).

kalverra

First Post
Looks like I'm leaning towards lvl 20 barbarian mountain dwarf, who is incredibly angry and terrifies people just by breathing. He once picked a lock just by staring at it.

Anyone have input on feats and whatnot for flavor?

mellored

Legend
Variant Human Oathbreaker Paladin 6/Long Death Monk 14.
14+1 Str, 8 Dex, 12 Con, 8 Int, 14 Wis, 15+1 Cha
Heavy armor expertise (bonus feat, 16 Str), defensive dualist (pally 4), inspring leader (monk 4), +2 Cha (monk 8), and +2 Cha (monk 12).
Wielding a Rapier, Sheild, and Plate.

20 AC (26 against 1 attack per turn), lots of THP, and +11 to all saves, and some other defensive features. Really hard to kill.
Just don't expect to do much damage.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases