Need inspiration! Good mid lev chars? ANY fun!!!

maraxion

First Post
Hi.(head empty)
So I need to make a level 6 char. Im guessing it wil max at level 10-12.
The group are varried with mainly caster and no tanks exept moon druid. But Iv been killed 3 times as tanks so Im thinking It might be better taking something else than that :) (tired of making chars...)

Want to have a fun characters that dont just kill everything, but have ideas. :) Saw the swashbuckler, and was thinking about 4-5 level rogue and then fighter. Arcane trickser also sounds fun

Open for all ideas, not only rogues. Just need some inspiration :)

Last edited:

Keith Lamond

Villager
Wizards depending on spell selection and school (subclass) have a lot of combat control and great role playing spells as well. Illusions to trick the enemy, message to send long distance, a familiar to act as a scout.

Warlocks have lots of versatility with the pacts and invocations. You can create a Warlock to fit almost any playing style you want. The Warlock's patron makes a great role play device as well. You can have lots of fun working around any demands or limitations put on you by your patron for your powers.

Bard is another class that has a lot of versatility. Decent fighting ability, great at buffing characters and debuffing enemies, and usually acts as the face to a group. Warlocks and Sorcerers make great group "face" characters as well, since they have charisma as their main stat.

I love casters so my mind goes to them first, but I think you will find can create a fun to play and role play character from any of the classes.

FrogReaver

As long as i get to be the frog
Hi.(head empty)
So I need to make a level 6 char. Im guessing it wil max at level 10-12.
The group are varried with mainly caster and no tanks exept moon druid. But Iv been killed 3 times as tanks so Im thinking It might be better taking something else than that :) (tired of making chars...)

Want to have a fun characters that dont just kill everything, but have ideas. :) Saw the swashbuckler, and was thinking about 4-5 level rogue and then fighter. Arcane trickser also sounds fun

Open for all ideas, not only rogues. Just need some inspiration :)

If you are tired of dying and always die in melee then I recommend a wood elf rogue assassin with the sharpshooter feat and use a longbow. Kite everything. Don't let anything get close to you. Scout ahead and use your feature to attack and draw enemies back to the party. You're naturally faster than almost anything. I recommend stealth and perception for expertise. Kill whatever gets on top of your ally. Even if something else is chasing you, just continue falling back and shooting at whats on your allies. If something is faster than you even with the bonus action dash ability then just dash with your action. If things are chasing you then they aren't contributing to the combat either.

A monk that uses a bow and kites enemies with his high base speed and has stunning strike for important targets is nasty too. I recommend shadow here for fun out of combat stuff.

Have you ever tried being a barbarian in melee? A bear totem barbarian tends to never go down. Even if everything is beating on you he's the one character that can take the punishment. Use a shield for even more survivability if needed.

If you do decide to do the swashbuckler rogue really consider taking your first level as barbarian for the extra hp, shields and rage 2x per day. Being down 1 level in rogue doesn't hurt much and it makes you a lot more survivable.

ccs

41st lv DM
If your tired of dying play a revanant from the UA gothic article.
True, you'll die permanently after a year or once your task is complete.....
But:
1) how long do you really think this campaign will last in game time?
2) if the DM agrees to letting you play a revanant in the 1st place, it's not unreasonable for the two of you to sit down & work out a goal that keeps you around for the entire campaign.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases