5E Mike Mearls states on Twitter hardcover adventures now annual releases
+ Log in or register to post
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Mike Mearls states on Twitter hardcover adventures now annual releases

https://twitter.com/mikemearls/statu...09357612490753

"We're treating our annual adventures as a chance to give world material, much like how Tomb of Annihilation covers Chult."

So just one mega-adventure per year now instead of two, and it will also be a combination of setting material and adventure.

Will the Spring releases be more compilations of shorter adventures? Or maybe the Spring releases for the next few years will be a one-off book covering one of the other D&D worlds?

And this at least answers the question of why the Adventurer's League was saying the ToA season would last a year, since there will not be another hardcover adventure to tie into until next September.

How do people here feel about the cut back to one big adventure and what will be coming next Sept?
    XP Prakriti gave XP for this post

Guide (Lvl 11)

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    I Defended The Walls!

Block fuindordm

Friend+
    Quote Originally Posted by Enevhar Aldarion View Post
    How do people here feel about the cut back to one big adventure and what will be coming next Sept?
    I don't have time to play all the big adventures, so pretty good.

If the next hardcover is an Eberron update plus an adventure, even better! I think Curse of Strahd was a pretty good model. All the required rules updates for Eberron could fit easily into an appendix.
    XP Rya.Reisender, darjr, Mercule, Croesus gave XP for this post

Quote Originally Posted by Enevhar Aldarion View Post

"We're treating our annual adventures as a chance to give world material, much like how Tomb of Annihilation covers Chult."
    Don't use this tweet to claim they're cutting down from two releases to just one.

Sent from my C6603 using EN World mobile app
    XP gyor, AmerginLiath, warfteiner gave XP for this post

Grandfather of Assassins (Lvl 19)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Forgotten RealmsPlanescapeRokuganD&D

Block Li Shenron

Friend+
    Since I haven't bought any adventure yet, I am largely unaffected by this change.

If I ever have time to play a long campaign, I'll be just as likely to pick up the most recently published adventure, as I am to pick up Tyranny of Dragon, or anything else between.

But the fact for me is that I'd rather need one-shots or adventures as small as to be playable within 3-4 evenings, so I'm stuck with converting shorter adventures from older editions.
    XP hejtmane, Raith5, EthanSental gave XP for this post

Quote Originally Posted by CapnZapp View Post
    Don't use this tweet to claim they're cutting down from two releases to just one.

Sent from my C6603 using EN World mobile app
    This. It might very well be a typo, rather than an unorthodox way of announcing a release schedule change.

Sent from my VS987 using EN World mobile app

Enchanter (Lvl 12)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Block fjw70

Friend+
    Quote Originally Posted by Demetrios1453 View Post
    This. It might very well be a typo, rather than an unorthodox way of announcing a release schedule change.

Sent from my VS987 using EN World mobile app
    True, but if the AL people are saying the ToA season is a year long then that does support the once a year big adventures theory.

Personally I am fine with that. I just started ToA and have not played any of the other hardcovers yet (now with DDB here I probably will go back and use them). So I have a backlog to wade through. I assume that this means that they will do something else with the spring release (more older adventure updates?).

Spellbinder (Lvl 16)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Block robus

Friend+
    I dunno if I like this. Including more setting content necessarily means that theres less adventure content. But I guess the good news is well be getting more setting content. Just put it somewhere else than the Realms!

Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Block dagger

Friend+
    More Realms is good, especially if its not The North and Sword Coast.
    XP reelo gave XP for this post

Greater Elemental (Lvl 23)

Reviews
    Read 31 Reviews
    Doctor WhoD&DWotC EvacueeEN World EN5iderRavenloft

Block Jester David

Friend+
    I'd be carefully about taking Twitter comments at their literal face value. Meaning often gets lost in the quick effort to reply and the desire to keep character count down.

Mearls might have meant bi-annual, or been referring to the annual Fall non-reprint adventures. I doubt he's announce a major change to their release schedule in such a way.
    Read my webcomic & blog at:
    http://www.5mwd.com
    XP CapnZapp, Irennan gave XP for this post

I sent a tweet to Mearls that was not a part of the previous conversation, so that it would not get lost and more likely answered, and I did get a quick reply:

https://twitter.com/alex_wright1313/...24870711390208

So he did not deny the annual adventure/setting material Fall release, as he called it in his previous tweet, but he had nothing new to say yet about the annual Spring release, other than not wanting to become predictable. So the Spring release could be any kind of adventure book: compilation of new adventures, reprints of classic adventures, alternate D&D setting adventures, or another mega-adventure. Though the last seems the least likely based on the bits of info we do have right now.
    XP Parmandur, MNblockhead, Azzy, Satyrn gave XP for this post

+ Log in or register to post
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply