• *Cough*, I Feel *Cough* Great!

Votes: 3 3.5%
  • An Unexpected Visitor Drops In

Votes: 13 15.3%

• Poll closed .

MonkeyBoy

First Post
time...

Its a shame, but I just don't have time to read ALL of a batch in time to vote, and I can't really vote having only read one or two...

so, poo... :(

Quickbeam

Explorer
I have voted in this heat, and intend to do so for each subsequent heat.

*tips his cap*

Kudos to each of the entrants for their efforts. I liked most of the submissions, and had a hard time deciding between two of the options in particular. Good luck to you all!

Nail

First Post
Rules, shmules.....

Yup, it's true.

I ignored the voting rules. Just sorta voted fer th' one that was best........NPC, location, encounter separate? Not tha' important to me. 'S gotta be interestin', useful, .....an' it's gotta have the potential fer using th' boot leather.

"Put to the Sword" all the way, bud.

'Sides, I got a fiver on it.... ;^P

-Nail

Last edited:

tenelo

First Post
.....an' it's gotta have the potential fer using th' boot leather.

Huh? Is this an obscure way of saying that unless an encounter includes a fight, you don't rate it highly?

I disagree strongly with your attitude that the rules don't matter, on several grounds. Most are personal opinions though, and having no desire to be offensive, I will not offer them.

One objective point that I will put forward is that if everyone judges on the same set of criteria, then it is far easier to determine a winner on merit, rather than subjective likes or dislikes, such as "I don't like Psionics" or "I don't like non-combat encounters"

der_kluge

Adventurer
Hey!

I doth protest! The poll has been closed 5 hours early. The first post was posted on 12:05 (my time, I guess) on the 5th, and now it's the 6th, a 7:05 (my time) and the poll is closed.

That doesn't even include the time that the NEWS was posted on the main page, probably cutting the time that the poll even existed by a much larger margin.

I didn't even get to vote for my own entry!

Not that it would have made any difference, mind you, but it's the principle of the thing.

Ysgarran

Re: Hey!

die_kluge said:
I doth protest! The poll has been closed 5 hours early. The first post was posted on 12:05 (my time, I guess) on the 5th, and now it's the 6th, a 7:05 (my time) and the poll is closed.

I have to agree with everything die_kluge just said. I don't ALWAYS come down to the General Discussion list to see what is going on. I saw the announcement on the front page and just assumed that I could come in for the next couple of days and vote...

At first I thought that my vote from the previous poll had been counted...but it looks like I just missed seeing the poll.

Remove ads