Ceramic DM Modern/Spycraft (need 3 more)

Macbeth

First Post
I'm new to this kind of DM competition, but I though I'd try it out. If this entry is too long or anything just disregard it, I really didn't know what the standard is for these contests. Having said that, I hope you like my outline for a Spycraft adventure, designed to be the first adventure of a new ongoing campaign:

The PCs, agents working on a Covert Tactical Team for the CIA, recieve word their first assingment: a small terrorist cell has taken over the sleepy New England town of Westburry. They must infiltrate the town and take out the leader of the cell. The PCs are given the opportunity to equip themselves for the mission, and are then deposited in the forest a few miles away from Westburry.
When the PCs enter Westburry they are forced towards the center of town by gun fire from the surrounding buildings. The gun fire comes from the thugs of Mr. Rifle (see below), these thugs are Solider 1. Just as it looks like the PCs have nowhere left to run the gun fire stops, and a single, unarmed man in brown coat and red tie walks casualy into the street. (Pic 6)The man, who if asked identifies himself only as Mr. Rifle, tells the PCs that should they so much as think about shooting him his "associates" in the surrounding buildings will mow them down. Mr. Rifle then offers the PCs a mission: he needs skilled men (unlike the thugs who took the city) to get into a secret base on a deserted tropical island and stop the weapons development going on there. If the PCs work from him they will live to see another day. If the refuse, his thugs will open fire.
Given the number of thugs the PCs should give in to Mr. Rifle, but if they do not the thugs open fire, but try to keep the PCs alive, so Mr. Rifle can make his offer again.
Mr. Rifle will equip the agents as normal, but his mysterious connections make getting equipment easier, giving each PC an effective 30 extra Budget Points. The PCs must each get equipment for breathing underwater, though the nature of this equipment is left to the PCs.
After being re equiped the PCs are transported by boat to the middle of the Pacifc Ocean, where they are deposited into the water with the island they are supposed to get to barely visible on the horizon.(pic 5) The PCs must swim underwater to the island, and avoid being spotted by the patrol boat (pic 1). If the PCs make it on to the island they will be suprised to find that no entry is visible: no doors, no trapdoors, no tunnels, nothing. Even a search reveals nothing. In fact, the base is UNDER the island (the area of darker water in the center of the island in the picture is the entrance way).
Inside the fortress the PCs find suprisingly well armed men (Solider 1 with top of the line weapons) wearing uniforms of several different countries gaurding most of the rooms, and especially gaurding a door marked "Specimen V." Inside the well protected Specimen V room the PCs find not the weapons they were expecting, but a group of three gaurds (solider 2) savagely beating a tatooed skinhead who lies curled up on the floor.(pic 3) The PCs entrance gets the gaurds attention and a showdown insues, likely resulting in the death of all of the gaurds. Even if the gaurds do survive, none of them will say anything about who they are, why they were beating the skinhead, or why they have uniforms that seem to identify them as members of the armies of several important countries. The skinhead himself is more helpful however, telling the PCs asmuch as he knows (if he can be believed). He identifies himself as Ronald Jefferson, and says that he dosen't know what the gaurds wanted him for. Can Jefferson be believed? Why does Mr. Rifle find Jefferson so important? Whhat international organization are the gaurds from? Where are the weapons the PCs were sent for? Sounds like the beginings of a good camapaign.

arwink

Clockwork Golem
Clay, if you haven't filled the third judging position yet, I'd be happy to do so this time around.

Sorry forvolunteering here, but my e-mail account is down this morning

alsih2o

First Post
arwink said:
Clay, if you haven't filled the third judging position yet, I'd be happy to do so this time around.

Sorry forvolunteering here, but my e-mail account is down this morning

glad to have you back in the judges chair arwink. like the original 3 horsemen. :)

Remove ads