Do you like Subsubclasses?

• Yes

Votes: 95 89.6%
  • No

Votes: 11 10.4%

gyor

Legend
Do you like Subsubclasses?

Like the Land Druid, the Totem Barbarian, the Dragon Sorceror, the Divine Soul Sorceror, and the Storm Herald Barbarian for example.

Alexemplar

First Post
Yes. I love them so much that I wish they had made fewer base classes with general progression (Warrior, Rogue, Mage, Priest) and expanded on the subclasses even further. Kind of a more extreme version of 2e.

Are you just asking about subclasses? Or are subsubclasses somehow a thing?

I don't like the warlock thing, where they have two subclasses, if that's what you're asking (though I don't think you are).

gyor

Legend
I'm talking about subclasses with an extra choice Point.

Like Totem Barbarian can choose between Eagle, Elk, Tiger, Wolf, Bear totems.

Storm Herald Barbarians can choose Desert, Sea, and Artic.

These act like a subclass within a subclass.

The Warlock's two seperate subclasses are different as they are mechanically seperate instead of one inside the other.

Shiroiken

Legend
Are you just asking about subclasses? Or are subsubclasses somehow a thing?

I don't like the warlock thing, where they have two subclasses, if that's what you're asking (though I don't think you are).
He's asking about sub-classes that have multiple options. Totem Warrior, for example, has 3 additional choices within the subclass. A Berserker is a Berserker, but a Wolf Totem Warrior is different than a Bear Totem Warrior, even though they have the same sub-class.

Personally, I like having variety of options, but understand that some prefer simpler choices (i.e. Battlemaster vs. Champion).

I'm talking about subclasses with an extra choice Point.

Like Totem Barbarian can choose between Eagle, Elk, Tiger, Wolf, Bear totems.

Storm Herald Barbarians can choose Desert, Sea, and Artic.

These act like a subclass within a subclass.
I can kind of see where you're going with the Storm Herald Barbarian, even though I've never heard of it before. It sounds a lot like the Dragon Sorcerer.

The Totem Barbarian doesn't work like that, though. At least as I recall it, they can choose a different totem whenever they gain a new ability, so choosing Bear for their first aspect ability doesn't prevent them from taking Wolf or Eagle for the following abilities.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases