D&D 5E Xanathar's Guide To Everything Cleric Grave Domain

Mephista

Adventurer
I don't really worry about the subclasses as shown in the UA reviews. They've already seen our input (if we provided it) on those and attempted to revise them. So I assume the final products will be different in almost every case.

I was going by what the video said, not the UA. He talked about abilities that revolved around undead a lot.

Mephista

Adventurer
No you got it right, they wanted some antiundead stuff, but not so much they are over powered vs undead, and weak vs everything else.
He did, but then, right after, started talking all about anti-undead abitlies. I guess I'm mostly just confused about the entire thing, I guess? The videos aren't very encouraging for me - they come off as contradictory to me? We'll see when the final product comes out, so this is nothing more than just belly aching, I guess?

theairgod

First Post
I'm trying to help a new player to our game build a Grave Cleric. I've never built a cleric before. Is the Circle of Mortality and Eyes of the Grave an action or does it fall under Channel Divinity?

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
I'm trying to help a new player to our game build a Grave Cleric. I've never built a cleric before. Is the Circle of Mortality and Eyes of the Grave an action or does it fall under Channel Divinity?
The two features you list are level 1 abilities; they have nothing to do with Channel Divinity (which has a limited number of uses and comes online at level 2 (and is clearly marked).

Circle of Mortality is an added effect when you cast a healing spell under certain conditions.

Eyes of the Grave is an action, and has limited uses (wisdom bonus times per long rest).

hope this helps.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases