FOOM! Friends of Ol' Marvel (FASERIP) [Recruiting]

hero4hire

Explorer
foom_.JPG

Face Front True Believers! Due to some interest, I will be starting a Game using the Old TSR Marvel (FASERIP) RPG.

Interested Applicants should submit a fleshed out Character Concept with a Picture. We will be using "Character Modeling" to hash out stats and powers. Alternatively, if everyone agrees we can use Random Generation. But I still have to figure out which charts I want to use for that. I enjoy character concepts that link to or are involved with the Marvel Universe, but aren't ripoffs of Existing characters.

There may be a couple of Houserules that I will clarify once I give all the rules a reread. I believe it will involve a change of benchmarks for Strength (100-ton strength cap is :):):):):):):):)) and Speed (Landspeed and Airspeed will likely be the same).

The setting will be an "Iconic Marvel Universe" where I fully intend to ignore Canon Continuity that I don't know about or simply don't like. But characters and themes should be instantly recognizable to fans of Marvel Comics. (Hey look there's Thor and Spidey fighting the Rhino!)

Any questions feel free to ask! Rules can be found for free at http://classicmarvelforever.com/cms/

EXCELSIOR!
Hero4hire

EarlyBird

Explorer
Going to roll my Origin and then go from there, I'm not sure what I want to play. But want to play I do.

[roll0] = Hi-Tech Wonder

EDIT: So I will be the highly smart Gadget Guy, let me think on him a bit.

Shayuri

First Post
Gragh. On a lark, I rolled two characters ENTIRELY randomly, and got a couple of really workable ones.

But I dunno if I can do another game, especially with a system I have no expertise in.

It's fiendishly tempting though.

What I got, purely via die rolls:

[sblock]NEUTRINO GIRL
Origin - High tech
- Roll on column 3 of randon ranks
- +2 reason ranks
- Resources at Good
- One contact (organization)
- At least one science or professional talent
- Can have a battlesuit if has Body Armor power

Fighting Typical (5)
Agility Typical (5)
Strength Good (8)
Endurance Good (8)
Reason Remarkable (26)
Intuition Good (8)
Psyche Good (8)

Health 26 / 63
Karma 42
Resources Excellent
Popularity 5/5 (secret ID)

Powers 5/5
- Flight Typical (5)
- Body Armor Excellent (16)
*- Fighting Excellent (16)
*- Agility Remarkable (26)
*- Strength Typical (5)
*- Endurance Excellent (16)
- Energy Generation (energy damage) Incredible (36)
- Energy Touch Remarkable (26)
- Stunning Missile (force) Amazing (46)

Talents 4/4
- Scientific (Electronics)
- Other (Repair/Tinkering)
- Scientific (Physics)
- Weapon (Guns)

Contacts 3/4
- "support"
-
-

====
Facade
Origin - Mutant
- -1 Resources
- Starting Pop 0
- +1 Endurance

Fighting Remarkable (26)
Agility Excellent (16)
Strength Excellent (16)
Endurance Good (8)
Reason Remarkable (26)
Intuition Good (8)
Psyche Excellent (16)

Health 66
Karma 50
Resources Poor
Popularity -5/0

Powers
- Regeneration Incredible (36)
- Emotion Detection Excellent (16)
- Shapeshifting Remarkable (26)
- Imitation Good (8)
- Extra Attacks (+1 shift when making extra Fighting attacks)

Talents
- Criminology
- Biology
- Guns
- Martial Arts D (2 rnds observation; may ignore body armor to stun or slam, or inflict no damage)

Contacts
-
-
- [/sblock]

So should I stop updating the character in your Monitor Duty game that I've been trying to make? Or should I join two games? Well, I'll roll a random character here for now. I have to go get the books out of the dusty box on my shelf first. Haven't touched these since last century. :)

hero4hire

Explorer
So should I stop updating the character in your Monitor Duty game that I've been trying to make? Or should I join two games? Well, I'll roll a random character here for now. I have to go get the books out of the dusty box on my shelf first. Haven't touched these since last century. :)
I am still up for the Freedomverse game. Its just moving VERY slowly.

I will post the chargen stuff tomorrow since everyone so far is onboard for randomness!

Sent from my SM-G950U using EN World mobile app

EarlyBird

Explorer
I may need the randomness as I have come up with no ideal I like as of yet, I'll keep the Advanced Players Book roll of Hi-Tech if you want and go from there.

Just let me know when to roll them bones.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases