Sollir Furryfoot, Jarval, and the playtest team! Read this!

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Hey, you know who you are... if you're not certain what the situation is, go to channel #ir in the chatroom and ask Sollir about the playtest.

The following people are involved...
Kalanyr
Jarval
Janos
Sollir Furryfoot
GnomeWorks

My ability to post has been severely limited. My access to the chatroom has been all but cut-off. With my DSL connection being taken out by lightning the other day, my only time to post is work.

However, this does need to get going. If we're going to get this all done by the end of summer, then our playtest needs to start, and relatively soon.

Sollir, I think that we should drop the idea of pregen'd characters, and let the team develop their own... having me make them all isn't necessarily going to end up in decent chars. Everything you have is, iirc, current, with the exception of the medic.

Jarval - if you're reading this, there is a spot for you, if you want it. This is a playtest for the tech rules. I forgot which spot is open, but if you want it, it's yours. :)

If you can get this started, Sollir, I can start running the playtests. If the group could get the chars written up, and posted, then we could begin.

Let me know what you think, probably out here, though email would work fine, too.

Last edited:

Very well, I believe the inventor is open, unless you want to play the stupid fighter (honorable position held by me for the first game) :)

Characters will be rotated every combat though, so you don't have to feel like you're stuck with the same one. Character stats will mostly remain the same though, but we may perhaps allow you to switch devices occasionally.

I suggest 28 point buy, as we're going for balancing here rather than a full blown campaign. Does that sound about right GnomeWorks?

I'll leave GW up for giving everyone the necessary documents, although him not having access to chat is going to hurt the project a little bit (Is it just because you don't have DSL at home? If so, what's the ATM for you getting it back?)

That's all I think that's needed to be said for now...Sollir out :)

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Sollir Furryfoot said:
Characters will be rotated every combat though, so you don't have to feel like you're stuck with the same one. Character stats will mostly remain the same though, but we may perhaps allow you to switch devices occasionally.

/me nods.

For the first little bit, we'll be doing an arena-type thing with the characters. I don't know if we'll be moving to a more traditional DnD game playtest after that.

I suggest 28 point buy, as we're going for balancing here rather than a full blown campaign. Does that sound about right GnomeWorks?

Hmm... when I did up the pregens, I used the standard array of stats. However, point buy would work just as well.

I'll leave GW up for giving everyone the necessary documents, although him not having access to chat is going to hurt the project a little bit (Is it just because you don't have DSL at home? If so, what's the ATM for you getting it back?)

Hmm. Necessary documents... Sollir, I won't post those out here. I'll make them available online somewhere, probably through the Technocracy.

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Alright, could we get everyone to check in here, please? Just a simple post saying that you're present and ready whenever you get the documents, or when you'll be ready.

Also, Jarval, when you read this, please post as to whether or not you would like the spot we've currently got reserved for you.

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Janos Audron said:
Well, I'm here, but I haven't seen the rules yet...

That's about to be remedied. If you have a Yahoo account, go here, and you'll find the technology documents under 'files'.

If you don't have a Yahoo account, you'll have to create one to get at them.

Jarval

Explorer
Yup, I'm interested. Sorry I've not posted before, but this is the first time I've looked at EN World for almost two weeks. Where are we going to be playing, here or the Yahoo Group?

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Jarval said:
Yup, I'm interested. Sorry I've not posted before, but this is the first time I've looked at EN World for almost two weeks. Where are we going to be playing, here or the Yahoo Group?

Good to hear!

I knew you were away for a while, so don't worry about it. :)

We'll be playing here, I think.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases