Weirdness

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
I'm having an issue with the quotes system. Right now, whenever I quote someone's post here, I also get this:

Has anyone here ever used the Nyambe campaign setting (OGL-- 3rd edition)? I really enjoyed reading that campaign book but never had an opportunity to use it. I never really considered whether it was a positive representation of African or black culture. I'm sort of curious where that effort falls in this discussion.

AD

Which is from quoting a post I responded to earlier. I have to edit it out each time.

It doesn't show up on other websites, just here.

CapnZapp

Legend
Longer answer: sadly, multiquotes doesn't auto-disappear once used, you must manually go back and uncheck them.

That really is a nuisance, they would be much more useful if they were on-offs.

(If you don't remember including them your best bet is to post your post - at least that way the mq'd post is there for you to click on and thus uncheck. It's possible logging out and back in, or deleting your cookies also nukes 'em, don't remember)

Sent from my C6603 using EN World mobile app

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Tracked it down. It seemed unchecked, but I checked & unchecked it- as well as the other post that wasn't misbehaving that way- and that solved the problem. Thanks!

Thing is, I've used multiquote before (albeit rarely) and never experienced this issue...

CapnZapp

Legend
Yeah, I tend to avoid mq precisely because I don't want the hassle of unchecking old checks.

(This is probably a bug and not the intended behavior - why would you want to quote a post more than once? Perhaps it already works in other browser configurations)

Sent from my C6603 using EN World mobile app

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases