Classic D&D Adventures

JediSoth

Voice Over Artist & Author
Epic
What classic D&D adventure have you always wanted to play, but never had the chance?

context: I'm looking for a fourth event to run at Gary Con, but don't want to write another original adventure while I'm revising a novel and trying to move.

Celebrim

Legend
Generally speaking, if I know I'd want to play it, I know enough about it to not be able to do anything but run it. But, some examples that I wish I'd got to play:

UK1: Beyond the Crystal Cave
WG4: Forgotten Tomb of Thardizun
I8: Ravager of Time

back in 1E days, I doubt there were any published ones that we didn't run in my various groups (other than the DL ones), due to the general lack of modules for such a long time. 2E was the opposite... there were so many of them, that we played only a handful of them...

tensity

Villager
I played ravager of time. Was a decent adventure. Needed to be dmed by a seasoned dm or would definitely result in a tpk. Fighting your younger selves with duplicates of all of your equipment while taking the hit on stats because of age makes for a very difficult encounter.

How much time are you going to have? Because in a typical 4-hr slot, I don't know if you can really do justice to a module. I suppose you can just pick the high-lights, though.

To answer your question, I've always wanted to give X2, Castle Amber a try.

Schmoe

Adventurer
To be honest, I've been DM so much and been a player so little that I don't even think about playing through adventures, I think about running them as a DM. That being said, I would love to get a chance to play through I6, the original Ravenloft.

Vanveen

Explorer
In general, as a grognard who owned all of the common 1e modules and a number of the rarer ones (Dungeonland, Isle of the Ape, Tharizdun, etc.), I'd recommend anything from the A or C series, which were designed to be run at tournaments (i.e., a four-hour slot).

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases