(IR) The 3rd IR, Turn 4 (thread 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maudlin

First Post
Kalanyr said:
Maudlin- You can do anything you want to NPCs its PCs who have special protection.
Nono, I asked specifically.

Edit - Reply to below: Well, the restriction seems to no longer be in effect, so I wouldn't worry.

Last edited:

Kalanyr

Explorer
Interesting, I was unaware NPCs were protected. Hmm, makes some of my enhancements useless but oh well.

Rhialto

First Post
Moments after his message, the High Master of Darkness walks to the balcony of the Black Brotherhood's greatest fortress. Beneath him lays the entire might of the Brotherhood, gathered together. Giving a smile to his follwers, he begins.

"My friends, all ready our enemies march against us, calling upon those petty concepts they refer to as "justice" and "revenge". They imagine they know us, as they always have. They imagine they can encompass our defeat. And once againt they show how little they know of our ways. For we--we are made of a finer stuff than that. They do not realize that they have failed to stop us when they could, and now--now it is too late. Tharizdun is free. The Days of Elder Evil are upon them. They cannot stop them."

At that, the assembled members of the Brotherhood cheer. The Master waits for them to stop, and then says, "We have accomplished all we have set out to do. And now it is time to reap our final reward. Come, let us leave the unbelievers with something that will leave them in awe and quiet for the rest of their pathetic existances. Let us show them what men of true will can accomplish." Here he drew his sword. "Now, my Brothers, the final gift of Tharizdun--ANNHILATION!!!" And with that he stabs himself through the heart, killing himself instantly.

A wild cheering errupts throughout the crowd. "HAIL THARIZDUN! HAIL THARIZDUN!" they shout as they plunge their daggers into their chests. Within moments, the entire Brotherhood is dead--suicides all. A hush descends over the fortress, and spreads over the world. When the allies arrive there, and find the bodies, they do not feel relieved, but instead oddly... disturbed.

Serpenteye

First Post
OOC: Everything MR Draco has posted on this thread I agree with and support.

A Sending to Lord Melkor:

"Melkor the Shadowking" a mocking voice called seemingly out of nowhere in the inky blackness of the inner shadow plane, "Melkor the Overgod of Evil" the voice laughed venomously, "Melkor the Fool" this time in cold contempt. "We were once allies. Before I knew the deapth of your stupidity I joined with you to divide the world of Oerth between us. To divide this world, not to destroy it."

"I suppose you served me well, you imbecile. While your armies in the Throne of Shadow held back our enemies without gaining an inch of ground I conquered half of the eastern Flannaes and made my empire the greatest on Oerth. While you joined with Vecna against the rest of the world I sat secure in Jalpa and built my power in peace while every other power suffered in war. I owe thanks to your flawed grasp on strategy. "

"Even when it was obvoius you were defeated, when it was obvious that your allies had abandoned you, you rejected the only way out that you had left. You could have abandoned your mad pride and sued for peace. If you would have surrendered Vecna's phylactery maybe your power in this world could have been spared. If you had stopped poisoning the world maybe you wouldn't have to flee into the shadow plane in disgrace. No, all you ever understood is blunt force and blunter diplomacy."

"You have sealed your own doom. With your forces on Oerth destroyed and your power in Toril dwindling you will sink into oblivion. You will join the nameless mass of forgotten and dead deities. It might take centuries for you to fade completely, but centuries is less than seconds for deities. Before you know it you will be nothing but a small puff of smoke fading away into nothing. You could have been great, but greatness wasn't in you. You never understood the true nature of power."

"I bid you farewell, tool. And good riddance."

"You were ever a pale shadow of greatness, a flawed copy of me,

The God Emperor of the Dark Union and the Great Empire of Aerdi"

_______

OOC: No offence intended Lord Melkor ;)
_______

The Arnies of the Oerth Alliance are welcome in the County of Urnst. Together we will be unstoppable. Let this be the war to end all war.

Last edited:

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
TO EVERYONE IN THE IR

Edena here.

Nothing has actually HAPPENED yet in this Turn.

Everything above (all 104 posts worth) are statements of intent.
Plans.
Plots.
All the things Powers do to ready for action.

Nothing has actually happened yet.

Nothing will happen until after Forrester has had a chance to post to this IR.
That should happen about 4 hours from now.

I made a promise to Forrester that nothing would happen until he has had a chance to post, and I intend to keep that promise.

After Forrester has had a reasonable chance to read the thread, then make his own posts, and consult with his allies, THEN things will happen.

They will happen.
By the time I am done, happen is going to be a dirty word.
By the time Turn 4 is over, people will shudder when the word happen is uttered.

Edena_of_Neith

Last edited:

Anabstercorian

First Post
Hee hee

Okay, people, here are the rules of the game.

NPC's are fair game. This means that A) They can be charmed or dominated and B) They can be killed. Both of these are only at Edena's discretion, of course. Think of it as the NPC arms race, except you can never actually create more power. You can only beat down everyone else.

Oh, and my followup post to the uberpost!

Anabstercorian walks up to the limp corpse of Vecna and nudges it with his foot. A low telepathic chuckle fills the room.
<< Excellent work, boys. I'll see you all again next time. >> The mages bow and teleport away, leaving their so-black-its-ultraviolet-ops to go back to their families, bachelor pads, squalid hovels, and whatnot.
<< Forrester, >> emits Anabstercorian, << If I had lips, or ears, I'd be grinning ear to ear. I haven't had this kind of fun in ages. >>
"Glad to hear it, old foe." He glances out the window towards the western horizon, where the City of the Gods approach. "Are you ready for your next assignment?"
Anabstercorian nods, stroking his Dream Guns happily. << Quite. >>
"Deal with the forces of the City of the Gods."
The illithid's tentacles droop. << You'll help, right? >>
Forrester chortles, patting Anabstercorian on the back. "Of course! You'll have all the resources I can give you. Now..." He glances over to Sauros, who looks back at them with a slightly confused expression. "What are we doing with our treacherous friend here?"
<< He belongs to me, at least for now. But I was thinking of a better punishment for his betrayal of Ilsensine. >> His tentacles arch gleefully. << He shall be made lower than thrall, lacking any sort of dignity or respect. As for what that is... >> Awkwardly he pats Forrester on the back, not used to the gesture. << It's a secret, but only for now. >>
Sauros gleeps - Which is like an Eek, but for Illithid.

Maudlin

First Post
Re: Hee hee

Anabstercorian said:
Okay, people, here are the rules of the game.

NPC's are fair game. This means that A) They can be charmed or dominated
I accept that's how it is now... but when the peace conference was being set up, I asked if it was possible to ambush Murlynd while Archcleric Hazen was otherwise occupied, Magic Jar him and spread some trouble in paradise, but I got a 'nay', because of what happened with Vecna and Iuz.

Last edited:

Forrester

First Post
Re: Re: Hee hee

Maudlin said:
I accept that's how it is now... but when the peace conference was being set up, I asked if it was possible to ambush Murlynd while Archcleric Hazen was otherwise occupied, Magic Jar him and spread some trouble in paradise, but I got a 'nay', because of what happened with Vecna and Iuz.

To be fair, this kind of thing will still probably be very difficult. Everyone has their specialty -- Acererak can do stuff with the Undead that others cannot, the BB has their thing with Tharizdun, the Shade have their Shadow Plane nonsense, and so on and so forth.

Anabstercorian, being the master master psion/illithid that he is, is a master of Mind Control, and so was able to craft the Dictum, which allowed us to enthrall Saurus, no ifs, ands, or buts. Doing a regular old Magic Jar of an epic-level character should be nigh impossible.

I don't expect others to be able to pull off what we did in the future. Mind-control/psionics isn't really one of anyone else's schticks.

Plagues that can kill millions, on the other hand, seem to be right up your alley :).

So PLEASE, let's not try to have everyone intruding on everyone else's schticks. I promise to not try to create some sort of weird aura/force that gives all of my forces +2/+2 when they fight in shadow :).

Forrester

EDIT: I'm going to be gone for three hours. Many rides to give people -- just because I posted the Uber-post doesn't mean I'm ready to start early :). I'll be back near 1PM, though! And ready to kick some robot ass.

Edena -- can they be affected/dissolved by the Red Goo? Or are they adamantine robots? :)

Last edited:

Maudlin

First Post
Re: Re: Re: Hee hee

Forrester said:
Anabstercorian, being the master master psion/illithid that he is, is a master of Mind Control, and so was able to craft the Dictum, which allowed us to enthrall Saurus, no ifs, ands, or buts. Doing a regular old Magic Jar of an epic-level character should be nigh impossible.

Plagues that can kill millions, on the other hand, seem to be right up your alley :).

Hey, Magic Jar is a necromantic ritual that extracts a soul and replaces it with a different one, I consider that a sub-schtick of mine :) If necessary, I'd have 'cleared the lot' first. As I understood it, it wasn't an ability thing, it was a hurt-feelings thing. But hey, it's no big deal, just thought I'd mention it so people would think I was clever too :D Let's say no more about it. Moot point now I'm dead anyhow :)

Btw, my plague killed less people than freak buffalo accidents last turn :) (and was countered by someone else doing the very same in reverse, too)

Anabstercorian

First Post
I Hope You Don't Take This Personally

But I'm going to be Dictuming LOTS of NPC's, at least one a round. It's a nice way to increase my power base and influence. Most of said Dictum's will be secret. ^_^

Oh, by the way, Forrester? Is there any way I could sell Sauros in to sexual slavery on Toril, or is that sort of thing not fashionable over there? It would be more humiliating there than in Baator.

:: Writes out the big sending he's going to send to all the Oerthian Illithid regarding what happens to punk-arsed Illithid who sell out Ilsensine, I.E., Sauros. ::

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads