(IR) The 3rd IR, Turn 4 (thread 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Black Omega

First Post
Well, since we are posting preludes.....:)
---------------------------------------------------
Swiftly over the landscape the Imperial Elven Spelljammers soar. and in the lead Spelljammer stands Siobhan, smartly dressed in the forest green and gold that is slowly becoming the standard for the Coalition of Light and Shadow. "I have a bad feeling about this, Morre..." the little fae murmurrs to her aid. "We've done everythign we can to prepare. We will win this battle. We -must- win. But this won't be the end. After this...there will be another. Maybe the Dark Union will change their minds. Maybe the Torillians are not as benevolent as they claim. Or it'll be something else. Or someone else." Siobhan gazes down over the rapidly passing hills and shakes her head "I have a bad feeling about this. I hope Kal is ok..."
---------------------------------------------------
Meanwhile back in Sepia and Perrenland, industrialization is proceeding with ruthless energy. Roads and and rails even spreading into the lands of the Tiger and Wolf Nomads, the foundations for settlements laid. New mines are set up to feed the hungry need for steel. Barred from more than limited logging in the elven forests, large orders are sent out to outside the Coalition for wood.

Forrester

First Post
Re: I Hope You Don't Take This Personally

Anabstercorian said:
But I'm going to be Dictuming LOTS of NPC's, at least one a round. It's a nice way to increase my power base and influence. Most of said Dictum's will be secret. ^_^

Oh, by the way, Forrester? Is there any way I could sell Sauros in to sexual slavery on Toril, or is that sort of thing not fashionable over there? It would be more humiliating there than in Baator.

:: Writes out the big sending he's going to send to all the Oerthian Illithid regarding what happens to punk-arsed Illithid who sell out Ilsensine, I.E., Sauros. ::

Not to be tactless, but, Ab, let's keep in mind whose Dictum it *is* :). That is . . . mine. Those enthralled by it are enthralled to yours truly, unless I hand them over to you. That was the bargain we struck. We'll have to get word from Edena how many NPCs we can Dictum a Turn, if in fact it wasn't used up. Maybe one/turn? Edena needs to make the call.

Second, I am appalled that you would sell Saurus into sexual slavery. He is evil, true, but what separates us from them is our system of justice. We should put a quick end to him, and be done with it.

Ha! I'm kidding, of course. Sexual slavery is too good for him. Do with him what you will, as long as you make sure that he is no longer a threat to us should he manage to escape. A little Illithid mind-surgery should do the trick. I trust you can do a good enough job that even a Wish/Restoration wouldn't cure him.

But I'm afraid that sexual slavery really isn't fashionable on Toril. I'm sure that you can find a demon or devil somewhere that wants to make use of him, though.

Forrester

Mr. Draco

First Post
Hmm, I'm hereby officially confused.

Has everything that has happened in this turn actually happened? Somebody said it was all just planning.

So, therefore, has Kalanyr actually dropped the catastrophe on Acererak? Has the Oerth Alliance started funnelling troops through the lands of the DU to get at the Shade? Have the armies of the DU & allies begun their assault on Acererak which was suppossed to start right after the catastrophe ended?

If none of this has happened, what event will trigger these going from plans to action? (i.e.- is there a set time? somebody needs to post something? etc?)

Forrester

First Post
The City of the Gods

Well, I won't be able to sit-and-post-and-sit-and-post for a little bit, but I don't want to hold everyone up.

I am guessing that the City of the Gods did not make it all the way to Lyrn -- by the way, Edena, you never did answer the question someone asked about how fast these mofo's travel, on average, over the mountains and deserts and whatnot.

20mph? 40mph? 60mph?

My understanding of the events:

1) Vecna blasts the City
2) Vecna creates a bunch of projected images and whatnot, creating a pseudo-army of Vecnas
3) Vecna leads the pseudo-army towards Lyrn
4) We get the phylactery, and finish off Vecna for GOOD
5) As Vecna dies, having been whupped by a Kender, all of his projected images disappear.

-----
My response.

About one minute after the projected images disappear, they REAPPEAR. Yep. Just as many Vecnas as before. D'oh!

And at the head of them . . . well, is me. Disguised, with 10th level magic (and shielded beyond all belief) as the big V.

I turn from Lyrn . . . and head my army o' Vecnas north, towards the Dramidj ocean. Through unpopulated areas, where possible. It looks pretty sparse there.

I would like to know if the robots of the City are affected by the Red Goo.

I also capture a few of the robots, disable them, and have my men transport them through the Ethereal to Toril, where investigations immediately begin regarding their programming and who programmed them. Specifically, what their characteristics were, and so on. We've got 11th level magic over there, as well as 21st century technlology.

You know where I'm going with this, Edena. Six or Seven Turns my butt!

I also have some troop movements to make, but I'll let others post their troop movements first. Mine can be done relatively quickly, after all :)

Forrester

PS Anabstercorian -- frankly, I'd like you to be the one to lead the robots to the ocean, but I have a feeling that 10th level magic can mimic Vecna/keep up the images better than high-powered psionics can. Especially given the fact that they're robots. This is but a temporary measure, though . . . I'm still expecting a long-term plan from you!

Last edited:

Anabstercorian

First Post
Tactical Analysis of the Situation

Okay, Forrester. I've done some scrying on the situation.

The City of the Gods has shielded surveillance satellites in orbit. I'm going to destroy those while you're working with the Vecna illusions, to prevent the City from verifying the existence of your illusions.

Forrester, I think we can safely say that these are supersonic attack craft. That means that they have a movement rate of at least 2310 feet per round, without using the Run action. So basically, this is going to be a running fight. You can keep them moving south, but it's impossible for you to outpace them! Be extraordinarily careful.

Remember, their antimatter cannons can blast right through 10th level magic defenses! Your only real chance is evasion. Improved Invisibility and nondetection, man!

As for the City itself... I have an idea on how to destroy it, as well as give us an enormous future tactical advantage. I'll e-mail it to you.

Last edited:

Serpenteye

First Post
Mr. Draco said:
[edit]- so, now everything we've posted earlier takes affect?

Eventually... I think it was a major mistake for us to post our actions before the turn actually started and before everybody sent their templates to Edena. Showing our cards might well have lost us the game. This has been a very odd turn.

Last edited:

Okies, Edena did you get my template earlier (2nd time I sent), or did you not, if you didn't i'll send it to you like 5 x in a row if that would help =)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases