(IR) The 3rd IR, Turn 4 (thread 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kalanyr

Explorer
When we are capable and we have fixed as much as possible (and reasonable) the damage to our mountain and its Mythal we will rejoin the fray. Kalanyr,Escavadra,Xaene,Iggwilv,Lyzandred,Ivid (and his Tarrasque),Keraptis and Zuggtmoy will try and reach the Demon Lords and face off against them, Kalanyr himself will face off against Demogorgon or Tharzidun if possible.

JohnBrown-(Hey Iuz, I could use a Demipower here if he has some spare time)

Anyone else with Demipowers or Forrester-thats an open invitation to you too.

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
Serpenteye, count yourself lucky that even half your force can still see.

Forrester, you took heavy casualties against the Shade, along with all the others who were fighting them.

Alzem is taking heavy losses against the robots on the northern front.

Now, you are sending a new force in to fight the demons attacking the fleeing forces of Keoland and Kevellond.

Very well.

Your forces meet an onslaught of hurled Red Goo and hurled ochre jelly.
Followed by the frying power of Abyssal Flame.
Followed by the wrath of Tharizdun, who is personally directing the assault.

Your people start to die. In great numbers.
Better get more people in there, and quick.
That 28 PL force is fully intact, and it's on a bender.

Forrester

First Post
EDENA -- an Edit.

If half my force is blinded, then I teleport that half back to Lyrn, where they get healed up while we wait for the Sandstorm to subside.

50PL that were fighting the Shade (not blinded), and 200-->100PL from Toril/Realmspace go after Demogorgon and company.

That's 150PL of crack troops with insane offense/defense bonuses.

We land in front of them, allowing the other armies to escape.

Let's rock, boys.

Mr. Draco

First Post
Well, seeing how he's not needed on the southern flank, Kas is going to teleport over to the battle against the demons, and do his best to help destroy them. Also, if any of them want a duel with him, he'd be more than happy to accept. Kas is actually eager for the battle, it seems that after killing the most powerful lich in history, he wants to see how the demon-lords compare to Vecna. :)

[edit]- i think i'll borrow a little of Anabstercorian's exp greed here... Kas is looking to become a demipower after all this, IF he survives, (hey, he deserves something from killing Vecna more than the 2 levels everybody got, after all, they didn't kill Vecna, did they?)

Last edited:

Forrester

First Post
Just read your post, Edena.

FINE, Demon-boys. BE THAT WAY.

I bring in 400-->200PL from Toril/Realmspace.

Protected from Red Goo by their armor + 10th level magic (which you said kind of gave the same bonuses, without the negative effects).

6 attack.
6 defense.
200PL worth. Plus all those not blinded by the Shade.

Don't let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya on your way out of Oerth, demon boys.

EDIT: I *am* doing heavy scrying to make sure that this isn't some sort of dumb-ass trap. And prepare to teleport my forces out if something stupid happens. Hell with the City of the Gods -- I'm there right now.

Last edited:

Uvenelei

First Post
Kalanyr: Zagyg's busy at the moment, but he'll accept your invitation as soon as the robots are dealt with. Hopefully that won't take long, what with Forrester and the faerie doing their best.

Edena, salvage of the destroyed robots begins by the militia. The golems and Shocker Lizards, unable to keep up with the fully functioning robots, will be put to work destroying any partially damaged robots left in Lyrn.

Serpenteye

First Post
Strong forces are put to protecting the wounded (20pl) and the remainder of our forces push on against Acererak. As many as possible teleport ahead to seice strategic positions. The Sahuagin force, after taking the Lordship of the Isles, go on against the Tilvanot.

The DU army orders a large quantity of shades (the glasses, not the monsters) from the lensmakers of Hexpools.

Last edited:

Kalanyr

Explorer
Kalany looks up and waves at the reinforcements

"Hi guys, want to send these freaks back where they came from? For Freedom! Charge!"

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
And so the drow join the battle.

Powerful fiends face off against powerful champions of good, and the fight is on.

Eclavdra is swept up by Jubilex, and eaten.
Then Lyzandred blows Jubilex to bits.
The bits start to reform into Jubilex, but Kalanyr is able to dispel them to the Abyss.

Tharizdun retaliates by killing Lyzandred.
Lyzandred shrieks as black power engulfs him, and his skeletal form is eaten away as if by acid, until nothing is left.

Xaene the Two Headed lich makes good work of one balor, only to have one of his heads sliced off by the sword of another.

Xaene falls back out of the battle, his one head screaming, while he cauterizes the stump with his power.

Demogorgon faces off against Ivid the Celestial King and his Tarrasque.
The Tarrasque roars and leaps on Demogorgon.
This does not work - Demogorgon teleports on top of the tarrasque, and sweeps his staff at Ivid.

And Demogorgon laughs.

Traitor to your own side, and now traitor to ours!
Your soul is MINE!

With that, he smotes Ivid with his staff, and Ivid screams, red flame enveloping him, burning his insubstantial flesh to ash.
His soul, distinct and greyish, is grabbed by Demogorgon, who eats it.

Then Kalanyr faces off against Demogorgon, who has leapt off the confused tarrasque.

Kalanyr brings his blade to bear, and Demogorgon his staff.
Fire flashes and crackles as sword meets staff, and the 10th level might of Kalanyr is a match for the abyssal power of Demogorgon.
Again and again the two clash, and fall apart.
Demogorgon hurls one telepathic attack after another against Kalanyr, while Kalanyr hurls back one spell after another against Demogorgon.
Soon, both of them are bloody and blackened.

Yet Kalanyr has survived the great flash, and his armies are pouring onto the field to aid Forrester, and it seems unending vigor and strength is with this drow who has turned away from evil.
Kalanyr's sword is every faster, and Demogorgon is ever slower.
Wounded more badly, Demogorgon gives back, his two heads looking dismayed, then panicked.
Finally, Demogorgon flees the field.

Meanwhile, Tharizdun has chopped down Zuggtmoy, who he considered a traitor.
He is standing atop her dead body in glee, his sword held high.

The demons launch themselves into Forrester's force and Kalanyr's force with heedless fury, not caring about survival, only caring about killing and rending and devouring.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases