(IR) The 3rd IR, Turn 4 (thread 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forrester

First Post
Edena_of_Neith said:
Ok, Forrester.

Your army teleports away, when it sees it will receive massive casualties.

But before (I am doing you a favor on this one) you start the Catastrophe, the robots immediately move off.

These robots operate with very high speed computers, and have already acquired new targets.

The helpless people of the Flanaess.

Long before your sandstorm could be whipped up, the robots would be long gone, so your forces do not create that particular Catastrophe.

My timing is better than that, Edena. Please reread my post carefully -- especially this part:

"However, there is something that I must do first, before we retreat. Because perhaps, we need not retreat at all.

I was expecting this, you see.

And I have my own ways of dealing with robots.

For I haven't unleashed my 10th level cataclysm yet, have I?
Nope. Not yet.

I gather that there are 200PL+ of the City of the Gods Robots at Lyrn?

Let us see how they like a 10th level magic-empowered sandstorm."

My forces stay there during the assault. I figured that we had to do this to keep the robots there, after all.

(And no, I did NOT change this after I read your post -- it was there before.)

Forrester

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
Very well.

The robots going after the Torilian force are caught in the sandstorm disaster ... at least, most of them are.
Those that weren't caught, are sterilizing eastern Lyrn.

However, the REST of the Robots (about half of the City of the God's PL) continue their relentless advance south towards the Flanaess.

I don't think I need to describe in advance what's going to happen when they get there, if someone doesn't stop them.

And several hundred antimatter missiles continue to streak across the sky.
Iuz turned the one aimed at Dorakaa away.
Anabstercorian knocked out three.

The rest, continue on their relentless way.
25 seconds, until the first impact.

Forrester

First Post
Edena -- as I said, in the post before yours, I keep my forces there so I can keep the robots in one place while I sweep them with the uber-uber sandstorm.

If you rule that we disappear for a bit, then fine -- we reappear five minutes later, or whatever it is, and draw the freakin' robots back to us. Because we're clearly the biggest threat. I'm not letting go of that plan.

And yes, I will be redirecting the missiles. Half of them into Demogorgon and the rest of the demons, the other half into the Robots attacking Lyrn. Unless the robots have been mostly deactivated by then.

(Summoning archdemons with 9th level magic. In one turn. Hmph.)

Forrester

EDIT: I might as well state the obvious. I teleport my forces out before the rockets hit the robots. *duh* The sandstorm should keep up, though :)

Last edited:

Uvenelei

First Post
Damn, go out for a night, and get back to find out the world is ending even more. Damn gaming interfering with my other gaming... :)

My mobile force, previously aimed at attack the Shade, will now distract the robots from destroying Lyrn and Aaqa. I AM NOT attacking the bots head on; I will harrass their flanks and distract them away from major populated areas. Since the robots are programed to destroy all humanoid and demihuman races, they may not expect my attack (for a few seconds, at least), as the 33 PL contains only one humanoid (Zagyg), and he's wearing a disguise. :)

Edena, don't forget that half of my PL in the Monster Arms race are enhanced Shocker Lizards, who can aim a lethal shock at anyone within a 25 foot radius, which is not healthy for circuitry.

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
Forrester, you are redirecting the ANTIMATTER missiles (over 200 megatons each) at the demons, who are engaged in battle with the main Armies of the Kingdom of Keoland and the Kevelllond League?????

I'm not the only one who makes mistakes!!

I will let you take that statement back, if you wish.

- - -

Rhialto did not summon the Demon Lords.
I ruled they came.

When an entire cult commits mass suicide, that prompts interesting results in a magical world ...

Last edited:

Forrester

First Post
200 megatons each?

Wow, that IS big.

Okay, okay, fine. Give me a minute to recheck your post about blast radius.

Okay, rechecked. Choices choices choices.

Two missiles are directed to hit the SAME space -- the Robots in Lyrn. I'm guessing that pretty much everything within a 30 mile radius of their central point is dead by now anyway.

Ten missiles are directed to hit the City of the Gods.

The rest are directed into deep space -- as long as I'm sure that there are only 28PL of dumbass demons attacking. What are their attack/defense bonuses, anyway? If Keoland has been routed, I might drop one there if I think I'm going to mostly get demons. Eggs, omelette.

Forrester

PS Never mind. With my luck the damn demons would teleport out just in time. Unless, of course, I could prevent them from doing so with 10th level magic. Then I might consider it, if I had a rough projection of likely fatality rates :)

Last edited:

Mr. Draco

First Post
edena, i think you've made a small mistake with what you said. 200 megatons (200x10^9) is way too small for an antimater weapon. there are nuclear weapons in existance today with 2 GIGATON yeilds (2x10^12). My suggesstion, make the yeild seem plausibe, change it to 2 teratons (2x10^15) or 200 gigatons (200x10^12) at least. That type of yeild would be plausible considering the effects you described.

Last edited:

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
Nevermind my post about blast radius!

All unholy Hades breaks out in the north as Black Omega's Faerie defend their lands against the onslaught of the robots, and Zagyg the Mad leads his forces against them in hit and runs, trying to distract them from the major population centers.

The tactic works.
The robots, in the equivalent of robotic fury, turn from the towns and cities and go after the elusive Faerie.
They turn and go after Zagyg and his force.

Since the Faerie have this way of disappearing into their own Plane, then reappearing behind the robots, the robots in frustration cannot hit them.
Nor can they stop the Faerie Magic and the incorporeal faerie from destroying them.
The robots answer this problem by firing their missiles and beams in all directions, levelling everything within sight.
The logic goes, that if the Faerie can't hide, it will be easier to kill the Faerie!
However, the robots cannot see Invisible Faerie any better than they can see Faerie who aren't there.
Which means more robots destroyed.

The City of the Gods accesses this new threat, and redirects it's force of robots that was going to attack Iuz to attack the Vesve Forest instead.
These strange primitive beings, with their ability to be there / not be there, must be eliminated at all costs.

A large detachment of robots gives chase to Zagyg and his force.
Zagyg is powerful enough to down robot after robot.
The frustrated robots fry the hills Zagyg and his people are in with their rays, but the hills are still there, and so is Zagyg.

The war widens as more and more Faerie arrive to do battle with the invading robots.
Then Alzem's Celestials - Solars, Planetars, and Devas, arrive.
The battle REALLY starts then.

Overhead, Kalanyr is able to redirect many of the missiles.
Some of them fly up into space, and detonate, creating a hundred miniature suns in the sky.
Some of them fly into the ground.

And the entire side of Oerth, seen from space, turns a brilliant white, as if the planet had turned into a sun.
When the brilliant glow fades, a hundred fireballs are rising into the sky.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases