(IR) The 3rd IR, Turn 4 (thread 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forrester

First Post
Mr. Draco said:
edena, i think you've made a small mistake with what you said. 200 megatons (200x10^9) is way too small for an antimater weapon. there are nuclear weapons in existance today with 2 GIGATON yeilds (2x10^12). My suggesstion, make the yeild seem plausibe, change it to 2 teratons (2x10^15) or 200 gigatons (200x10^12) at least. That type of yeild would be plausible considering the effects you described.

Baloney. Our biggest nukes are around 1 to 5 Megatons, and while the Ruskies played around with bigger ones (10 to 50, I understand), I don't think we've even hit 200.

However, you are correct in saying that the kind of area Edena is talking about would require a bigger nuke than a 200megaton one. Probably about 100 times as strong -- but lord, NOT 2 teratons!

Forrester, nobody summoned the demonlords. THey came, attacked to the carnage like flies to a rotting carcass. And unvenelie traveling takes time.. much lands will be destroyed by the robots before you get there but you goal is a noble one. Do not for get the robots move at almost supersonic speeds... so know what you are up against.. you can and will never outrun them not even in spelljammers I'm afraid :(

Good luck!

Forrester, Vaeregoth would like to speak to you about something she just.... understood... After the Antimatter missiles are gone would you allow her a meeting. It concerns grave tidings and something.. you proved yourself capable of.

Uvenelei

First Post
Forrester:

Regardless of tonnage, if you aim any missles at the bots in Lyrn, please aim them behind the bots, into the areas they've already sterilized, catching the bots on the edge of the blast. I don't need anymore sterilization than I'm gonna get.

Forsaken One: My forces can get there right away, because most of them are dragons. The monsters and golems might be a little slower if they can't be teleported along with the rest, but they'll do what they can. I may not be able to move as fast as they can, but I can teleport a whole lot.

Last edited:

Forrester

First Post
If Kalanyr is redirecting the 100's of missiles, then I will expend ALL of my 10th level magic force to make sure that TWO MISSILES hit the forces outside Lyrn, and at least TWO MISSILES hit the damn City of the Gods.

Given he's redirecting 100s, and I'm redirecting four, I should win the battle for control of those four.

Forrester

Kalanyr

Explorer
Edena- Sending directed to every powerful Celestial of the Upper Planes no matter where they are now.

Demogorgon and his hosts and the other Abysall Lords entering Oerth. Causing untold destruction. Free of the Abyss. Death everywhere. Pain,doom,despair. Help. Please?

Forrester

First Post
Uvenelei -- of course. I expect to wing some of your people, but I will make sure that where they hit is such that it hits them full, but minimizes damage to your land.

And I promise that I'll use 10th level magic to heal your land as soon as I get the opportunity. 11th level magic too, if I ever get it.

Forrester

JohnBrown

First Post
Going off line, last orders for awhile

As soon as Iuz takes the few nanoseconds it requires collecting himself, and now that he has some practice at this. He is going to give the following orders.

Evacuate the Empire of Iuz. The robots can’t be stopped with the firepower we have at our disposal. The road system in the empire is pretty good, and since this threat has been looming over us for some time, hopefully this can be pulled of with something just under Total Chaos :)

Production facilities are ordered to shut down and button up, (run silent…run deep :))

Iuz is going to go looking for another missile in the vicinity. The target really isn’t important. It is its proximity that counts. He then ride this missile hopefully directing (again he has some practice at this now, maybe he should create a saddle :) ) it at the robots in the Cold Marshes.

Going off-line for a few hours. Edena, Iuz is going to attempt to deflect and re-direct anything that comes at his lands.

John

The Demon Lords are getting involved, huh? Maybe Daddy Graz’zt and the Demon Lords working with me might want to put their power to bring their fellow lords back home. They wouldn’t be too happy with their rivals gaining more power than they have. Iuz will ask them when he isn’t busy doing something else :)

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
Well, both Forrester and Kalanyr are trying to redirect the missiles.
I have a ruling to make on that.

The missiles are redirected, but Forrester and Kalanyr were not working in tandem - there was no time for them to work in tandem.

The missiles redirect, in all directions.

There were only 500 missiles, fortunately.

Half of them fly up into space.
One quarter fly off and hit random parts of Oerth.
The remaining one quarter hit the Flanaess in random locations.
Some even turn and nose-dive directly into the ground.

The entire world of Oerth lights up like a sun again, as the huge explosions go off (they are 200 megatons, NOT 200 gigatons or 200 terratons ... Mr Draco, I thought suicide was Rhialto's tactic!)

There is obviously wide spread mass destruction and carnage.

However, by some stroke of luck, none hit close to cities.
Close enough, that is, to do more than moderate damage.
It is the countryside that gets it, and the unfortunate population out there, but there there are fewer people.

The major woodlands of the Flanaess all burst into flames, either from direct hits, or from the radiant heat.
Fires break out across every city in the Flanaess from the flash effects.

Millions of people are permanently blinded, and millions are burned, some horribly.

In the battle raging in the midst of the Flanaess, everyone - even the Demons, stops fighting and gapes as the whole world lights up around them.

Ironically, the light helps the good guys.
The Shade cannot abide or tolerate light of that magnitude ... they are especially vulnerable to it.
By the thousands, the Shade scream in their death throes, bursting into flame, and fading away.
Those that escaped that fate, are blinded and stunned, unable to fight.

Unfortunately, a greater part of the attacking force was also blinded.

The assault against Acererak by the forces of the Dark Union comes to a sudden halt as the world lights up around them, and half the army is blinded, having the misfortune to be looking towards the blasts.

Aren't you glad antimatter bombs don't cause radiation?

Serpenteye

First Post
Edena, Important information!!!

Kalanyr said:
Edena- Sending directed to every powerful Celestial of the Upper Planes no matter where they are now.

Demogorgon and his hosts and the other Abysall Lords entering Oerth. Causing untold destruction. Free of the Abyss. Death everywhere. Pain,doom,despair. Help. Please?

(If the celestials do not obey Kalanyr's sending I might just do a sending of my own to the lords of Baator. :D :()

The assault against Acererak by the forces of the Dark Union comes to a sudden halt as the world lights up around them, and half the army is blinded, having the misfortune to be looking towards the blasts.

OUCH! As I posted above the God-Emperor used his demigodly power and his innate Miracles to divert as many missiles heading towards the DU as possible.

Anyway, half the force coudn't possibly have been blinded since our armies were spread out pretty evenly all along our border with Acererak-land.

Last edited:

Uvenelei

First Post
As Forrester and Zagyg distract/destroy the robots, the civilian populations that remain in Aaqa and eastern Lyrn are evacuated from potential target cities, into mountain ranges if there are any close enough. Any wounded and given the greatest care possible.

And yes, I am glad radiation isn't a factor with these weapons. I'll take what I can get.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases