(IR) The 3rd IR, Turn 4 (thread 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forrester

First Post
Shees. Like this should be a contest!

28PL of Demons.

300PL+ of 10th level magic supported warriors -- two thirds of which are genetically modified superwarriors with 1940s technology.

I stifle a yawn in their general direction. And after victory is assured, go back to loot the City of the Gods. I expect that there may be others there as well . . . I will keep an eye out for them. Don't want anything nasty happening to me and my force while we're there.

Mr. Draco

First Post
An elderly mage, with the knowledge of generations, teleports into the City of the Gods.

Seeing Forrester he speaks "Be not alarmed mighty one, I am an emmissary for the Suel People of the Arcane Age as I believe you call it. My name is Jyrtd Neghli, and I hold a position that I believe you would call 'librarian.' For the legions of Kas are not all undisciplined barbarians as many would call us. There are those of us who hold our past in great importance. I am one of those."

He looks around before continuing. "When I first heard of the emergance of this city, somehow it seemed familiar. Through my searches of our literature, i have discovered this," and he holds up an ancient book, seemingly hundreds of thousands of years old, "contained in it are pictographs of beings, or rather, constructs." He holds it open, revealing images of what look very similar to the robots of the city, and amazingly, they are side-by-side with humans. "This, one of the oldest books of Suel knowladge, will serve as my evidence that it is the people of my lord Kas, the Suel people, that are the descendants of the beings that built this city, and thus, we lay our claim to it."

His speech finished, he begins to walk around and examine the city, not touching anything, and remaining fairly close to Forrester and his entourage.
-----
Any mind-reading shows that he truly believes every word he said.

Last edited:

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
The Sahuagin were not blinded by the explosions, but many of them were killed.
The hits in the water produced titanic shocks that killed a lot of the sea people.

They also produced more than a few undersea mudslides.
And that means, they produced several tsunamis.
The eastern coastline of the Flanaess is treated to these tsunamis, and the cities along the coast are buried in water 20 feet deep.

The forces of the Dark Union whelm the Iron League, driving Acererak's remaining forces underground.
The undead flee into the Iron Hills, into the deep Underdark, and finally they flee so deep into the bowels of the world that the Union soldiers dare not follow.
If they do, they risk being lost forever in the endless, lightless maze 10 miles under the surface.

In this way, much of Acererak's force escapes, although the Iron League falls entirely to the Dark Union.

The Scarlet Brotherhood, seeing the situation, flees across the Tilva Straits into Hempmonaland, and disappears into the endless expanse of tropical rainforest.
Even the great armies of the Dark Union won't be able to locate them easily, or get to them easily, there.
In this way, the Scarlet Brotherhood is able to save a large amount of it's PL, although the Tilvanot Peninsula is lost to the Dark Union.

The tropical forests of Hempmonaland are, of course, on fire.
But the monks of the Scarlet Brotherhood can deal with fire and smoke, being monks.
The regular troops of the Union will have a harder time.

Thus, Hempmonaland remains under Maudlin's control.

- - -

In the north, the Robots are finally able to do enough damage to the Faerie to force them out of the way.
The assault on the central Flanaess begins in earnest now.

News of the approaching disaster reaches the great Torilian forces as it is heading to Oerth - heading to fight the demons.

Now, that force COULD transport up to fight the Robots, and thus save the northern heartlands of the Flanaess.

It is up to Forrester.

Alzem's forces are already fighting for their lives against the robots, and Black Omega's forces have been pushed aside.

Last edited:

Rhialto

First Post
The Black Hand cries out to his horde.

"Mangos, mangos, mangos! Slaughter all! Let the Vicious Spiral grow! Friends, brothers, countrymen, lend me your ears, or whatever item serves that function! The Black Hand is among you! The end is nigh! Or if not nigh, than a reasonable facsimile! Let loose the dogs of war--Fear, Terror, and Mr. Fu-fu Pants! Victory and defeat are one! The moment is all!"

Forrester

First Post
Mr. Draco said:
An elderly mage, with the knowledge of generations, teleports into the City of the Gods.

Seeing Forrester he speaks "Be not alarmed mighty one, I am an emmissary for the Suel People of the Arcane Age as I believe you call it. My name is Jyrtd Neghli, and I hold a position that I believe you would call 'librarian.' For the legions of Kas are not all undisciplined barbarians as many would call us. There are those of us who hold our past in great importance. I am one of those."

He looks around before continuing. "When I first heard of the emergance of this city, somehow it seemed familiar. Through my searches of our literature, i have discovered this," and he holds up an ancient book, seemingly hundreds of thousands of years old, "contained in it are pictographs of beings, or rather, constructs." He holds it open, revealing images of what look very similar to the robots of the city, and amazingly, they are side-by-side with humans. "This, one of the oldest books of Suel knowladge will serve as my evidence that it is the people of my lord Kas, the Suel people, that are the descendants of the beings that built this city, and thus, we lay our claim to it."

His speech finished, he begins to walk around and examine the city, not touching anything, and remaining fairly close to Forrester and his entourage.
-----
Any mind-reading shows that he truly believes every word he said.

Hah! If this is YOUR City, old man, then you will be paying reparations to the millions and millions killed by YOUR robots in the last twenty-four hours.

Now get the hell out of my way.

<loots>

Forrester

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
While Forrester is making up his mind whether to fight the approaching Robots from the north, or the defiant minions of Tharizdun, along with their bad language ...

The robots swarm down out of the shattered Vesve Forest, and proceed to ray and beam the city of Crockport to the ground.
Every last man, woman, and child is killed.

A few robots are left behind to make sure of this, using special sensing equipment to check for those hiding underground, while the main force pours into Furyondy and Veluna.

The leading edge of the attack approaches Dorakaa.
The humanoids and demons of Iuz are waiting for them.
What may be the final battle for Dorakaa begins, as the humanoids and demons loyal to Iuz fight a hopeless battle against their opponents from the era of superscience.

Kalanyr

Explorer
Edena: To paraphrase one of Anab's lines "How much experience is a Demogorgon worth?"

Edit- And does beating on THE Abysal lord help my plans towards ascension any?

Last edited:

Forrester

First Post
Edena_of_Neith said:

Now, that force COULD transport up to fight the Robots, and thus save the northern heartlands of the Flanaess.

It is up to Forrester.

Alzem's forces are already fighting for their lives against the robots, and Black Omega's forces have been pushed aside.

Questions, Edena. Questions.

1) How much PL of robots are fighting the faerie? How many did they take out?
2) Has the uber-sandstorm subsided/are all (or vast majority) of the robots in Lyrn dead/stopped/malfunctioning? I would imagine so. Those were some pretty big bombs.
3) My blinded forces -- given my magical capabilities, and the fact that their genetically engineered bodies are resistant to such nonsense, how soon can I get them their sight back?

Rhialto

First Post
Forrester said:

Hah! If this is YOUR City, old man, then you will be paying reparations to the millions and millions killed by YOUR robots in the last twenty-four hours.

Now get the hell out of my way.

<loots>

Forrester

Ahh, the bastion of good that is Forrester...

I do hope you all see now why I want evil to win...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases