D&D 5E EB's Curse of Strahd IC (Year One)

EarlyBird

Explorer
Cos_Ismark.jpg "And what of you ladies?" Ismark asks before finishing his wine. "Could I interest the both of you in a short trip to Vallaki? Your company, and your axe would be most welcome." he says with a smile at his attempt at mirth.

OOC: Time of the day in game is around 12:30pm.
But the constant cloud cover and fog makes it somewhat hard to tell.
You all have traveled only a couple miles so far today.

EarlyBird

Explorer
OOC: Sees things are slowing own in this thread will try a jump start...

Ismark is pleased that the party will accompany him and his sister to Vallaki. After each of you finish your drink, Ismark pays the grim barkeep and leads you back out into the town. You head down the same street you just came up from and as you pass the house of the worried mother Ismark looks at the building oddly. "Hmmm... she stopped crying." he comments as he walks by and further down the street. He leads the group to the end of the road and a large mansion at its end.

A weary-looking mansion squats behind a rusting iron fence. The iron gates are twisted and torn. The right gate lies cast aside, while the left swings lazily in the wind. The stuttering squeal and clang of the gate repeats with mindless precision. Weeds choke the grounds and press with menace upon the house itself. Yet, against the walls, the growth has been tramped down to create a path all about the domain. Heavy claw markings have stripped the once-beautiful finish of the walls. Great black marks tell of the fires that have assailed the mansion. Not a pane nor a shard of glass stands in any window. All the windows are barred with planks, each one marked with stains of evil omen.

"Home sweet, home." Ismark comments as he heads past the twisted gates.

Last edited:

hero4hire

Explorer
Digger grunts and shakes his head at the state of disrepair. One would suspect if they hadn't heard him speak earlier that he might be incapable.
His eyes narrowed and he gazed upon the place suspiciously.

Ooc: I will try Perception. Possibly with advantage if it involves undead. I will have EB roll.

Sent from my [device_name] using EN World mobile app

EarlyBird

Explorer
OOC: Making that check now
[roll0]
[roll1]

A solemn expression comes over Ismark's face. "He sent his minions for my sister," the man says as he approaches the door and knocks once very hard. "They besieged us until I climbed out the attic and set fire to most of them from above."

Digger notes footprints among the trampled grass. Wolf, human, zombie, and ghoul.

A female voice can be heard from the other side of the door. "Ismark? You've come back?" she asked sounding frightened.

"No, whatever you do don't open the door." he calls out then turns to all of you with a smile and a wink.

The door slowly opens and Ismark leads the group inside.

The interior of the mansion is well furnished, yet the fixtures show signs of great wear. Noticeable oddities are the boarded-up windows and the presence of holy symbols in every room. The burgomaster is in a side drawing room on the floor-lying in a simple wooden coffin surrounded by wilting flowers and a faint odor of decay.

CoS_Ireena.jpg "That must be the most stupid pass phrase you have ever thought of, and there..." she notices the group coming inside behind her brother. "Oh, hello."

tglassy

Adventurer
Liam takes his hat off as he enters the man’s house, as was polite. “Ma’am,” he nods to the woman, “We’re new in these parts, and your brother invited us on a trip to a safer town than this. I hope you don’t mind the intrusion.”

Tilly stayed close to her father, trying to appear invisible.

Sent from my iPad using EN World

EarlyBird

Explorer
The armed and armored woman greets each of you politely. Her face shows the faint signs of exhaustion and her shoulders slump just a little under her silvery breastplate. She gives a warm smile to Tilly who is peeking out from behind her father. And then leads everyone into the living space away from the coffin and remains of her adoptive father.

"We need to take my father to the church, and see him consecrated and buried properly, before we go." Ireena says to everyone as they stand about the room.

"But..." Ismark starts to say.

"No! You have found plenty of people to be pallbearers. We must honor our father. To do any less would to become the same as the monsters that walk these lands."

Turning to the group she asks, "Would you do a dear and honorable man the honor of seeing that he is laid properly to rest?"

tglassy

Adventurer
Liam looks to the corpse and back to their two hosts. “I’m not entirely sure why we were brought here, but I don’t think it was to carry corpses from one end of the world to the other. Just bury him outside. He ain’t gonna know any different.”

Sent from my iPad using EN World

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases