Anyone have the Moon Elves book by Dark Quest Games?

pawned79

First Post
Anyone have the Moon Elves book by Dark Quest Games? Is it any good? I am playing a prepubescent moon elf in our FR game. I was wondering if it discussed the subject of elven puberty.

Patrick

Last edited:

Is this the same one that's now distributed through EN Publishing (pdf)?. If so, I have it. The title is misleading -- there are no moon elves anywhere in it. I still can't figure out why they titled it "Moon Elves". In fact, the elves and elven society don't fit your "typical" D&D elves, either-- the society described is more LG-LN than CG in character (the book describes elves as being fundamentally lawful in nature :rolleyes: ... and Chaotic elves are at odds with elven society).

That disconnect aside, it's an average elven race supplement. I haven't found anything in there that I'd use; Races of Faerun would probably fit your bill more in general -- though I don't recall any supplement recently discussing elven puberty in detail (Moon Elves does devote about half a page -- page 15 to be precise -- to elves pre-maturity. I just looked. They devote more time to elven pregnancy than to what happend between birth and maturity.).

Sirius_Black

First Post
pawned79 asked:

Anyone have the Moon Elves book by Dark Quest Games? Is it any good? I am playing a prepubescent moon elf in our FR game. I was wondering if it discussed the subject of elven puberty.

Is it any good? If you like elves, yes although it shows elves a bit differently, natch, than FR. Yes, there are two pages in the product devoted to elven age periods including (childhood to first maturity). Additionally, if you can find it, a Dragon article in issue 279 covered elven society in regards to sex roles, adolescence, and sexual experimentation. The article's author is Robin D. Law and you can't miss the issue, it has everyone's favorite scimitar wielding good guy on the cover.

The Moon Elves book you mentioned has strong points in fluff and artwork. As I said if you like elves, and want some idea of one product's take on elven society pick it up.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases