Middle Earth d20 Site

ColonelHardisson

What? Me Worry?
Once, I vowed to not start another Middle Earth thread, but now necessity dictates otherwise. That vow was made before the site actually manifested, in a time when it seemed the whole subject had lost steam.

Sorry. I just felt the need to explain why I broke my word, even if nobody remembers or cares why I gave it.

Anyway, here is the new thread for the Middle Earth d20 site.

GruTheWanderer

First Post
Checking in

Vow. What vow? I don't remember hearing anything about it. :) You're clear in my book.

Corinth, based on your reply I think you're using the same strategy all of us are: your own understanding of the books and imagination. Which spells to eliminate, which classes to adjust, what to do about the various races.

Please make a summary of these and submit it to the website. That would improve the options for everyone.

Thanks,
Derek

GruTheWanderer

First Post
"Aeglos" discussion continued

Mjollnir said:

Hello, Gru
Well, as I post in my message the +15 bonus might look over-powerful, but what do you think of the original +88 in the ICE version (about a +18 in the d20 system). Anyway, my point of view is the following one: "Aeglos" is not supposed to be used by any player, so no problem :-D Besides, I consider ME a campaign with a very high magical tecnology. Adventurers could get with some effort some mithril enchanted blades (probably a +4 bonus), but some very high level personalities could wield more ancient and hence more powerful weapons made with galvorn alloys or even an improved enchantment of mithril alloys. It is sure that Sauron himself has weapons of more than +5 enchantment bonus (at least, I consider it), as well as the Witch King, Fëanor, Celebrimbor, Fingolfin, Morgoth, the Balrogs,etc. A world so poor in creatures (compared to other D&D campaigns must have a poweful magic and I think that we all believe that magic in ME is woundrous,i.e. a "Palantir" is not a simple crystal ball)

Hi Mjollnir,

As I mentioned, I never played the ICE version of MERP. If it's not supposed to be used by a player, how would you use it?

I agree with the Colonel. As I understand d20 rules, a +5 bonus is more than enough even for the most wondrous powerful magic (artifact weapons included).

Derek

GruTheWanderer

First Post
Celbrimbor Revised

Taking into account previous comments, here's a revised version of Celbrimbor. Not as wise, an expert this time, higher level, lower stats, changed magic items.

Celebrimbor, male elf (Noldor) Exp15: CR 14; Medium-size (6’10”); HD 15d8+15; hp 78; Init +2 (+2 Dex); Spd 30 ft.; AC 19 (+2 Dex, +7 chainmail); Melee longsword +14/+9/+4 (1d8+2/crit 19-20); Ranged composite longbow +13/+8/+3 (1d8+1/crit x3); SV Fort +6, Ref +7, Will +9; AL NG; Str 12, Dex 14, Con 13, Int 18, Wis 10, Cha 15.
Languages Spoken: Common, Sindarin, Quenya.
Skills and feats: Appraise +22, Craft (armorsmith, blacksmith, gemcutter, weaponsmith) +19, Diplomacy +20, Heal +18, Knowledge(history, geography) +22, Listen +4, Ride +5, Search+4, Spot +4; Craft Magic Arms and Armor, Craft Wondrous Item, Dodge, Forge Ring, Leadership, Run.
Equipment: +2 mithril chainmail; +2 longsword, mighty [12] composite longbow, cloak of elvenkind, boots of elvenkind.

A 15th level expert has oodles of skill points and nice attack bonuses. :)

Derek

GruTheWanderer

First Post
Elrond - Three versions

I decided to give our favorite half-elf a try, since he may appear in my campaign in the near future. Here are three versions: during the invasion of Eregion, during the Last Alliance, and during the War of the Rings.

Elrond Peredhil, male half-elf Ari7: CR 6; Medium-size (6’6”); HD 7d8+7; hp 42; Init +2 (+2 Dex); Spd 30 ft.; AC 19 (+2 Dex, +6 chainmail); Melee longsword +8 (1d8+2/crit 19-20); Ranged composite longbow +8 (1d8+1/crit x3); SV Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +7; AL NG; Str 12, Dex 14, Con 10, Int 13, Wis 15, Cha 16.
Languages Spoken: Andunaic, Sindarin, Quenya.
Skills and feats: Diplomacy +13, Gather Information +13, Knowledge (geography) +11, Listen +7, Ride +7, Sense Motive +7, Spot +7; Mounted Combat, Leadership, Weapon Focus (longsword).
Equipment: +1 chainmail; +1 longsword, mw mighty [12] composite longbow, 20 mw arrows, cloak of elvenkind, boots of elvenkind.
Background: Already 1700 years old, Elrond grew up in the court of Gil-galad. Although inexperience as a warrior, he leads a force from Lindon against Sauron. Forced to retreat, he founds the refuge Imladris (Rivendell).

-------------------------------------------------------

Elrond Peredhil, male half-elf Ari7/Rgr2/Clr5: CR 13; Medium-size (6’6”); HD 14d8+7; hp 84; Init +2 (+2 Dex); Spd 30 ft.; AC 22 (+2 Dex, +10 full plate); Melee longsword +14/+9 (1d8+3/crit 19-20); Ranged composite longbow +13/+8 (1d8+2/crit x3); SA favored enemy (orcs); SV Fort +11, Ref +10, Will +15; AL NG; Str 12, Dex 14, Con 10, Int 13, Wis 17[19], Cha 16.
Languages Spoken: Westron, Sindarin, Quenya.
Skills and feats: Diplomacy +18, Gather Information +13, Heal +18, Intuit Direction +11, Knowledge (geography) +11, Listen +9, Ride +7, Sense Motive +9, Spot +9, Spellcraft +7, Wilderness Lore +11; Dodge, Favored Enemy Strike, Mobility, Mounted Combat, Leadership, Track, Weapon Focus (longsword).
Equipment: +2 mithril full plate; +2 longsword, mighty [12] composite longbow +1, 20 arrows +1, cloak of resistance +2, periapt of wisdom +2.
Spells Prepared (5/4+1/3+1/2+1): Domains (Healing, Protection)
Background: Now 3500 years old and significantly wiser, Elrond joins Gil-galad and the remnants of Numenor in the Seige of Barad-dur.

---------------------------------------------------------

Elrond Peredhil, male half-elf Ari7/Rgr2/Clr11: CR 19; Medium-size (6’6”); HD 20d8+20; hp 120; Init +2 (+2 Dex); Spd 30 ft.; AC 15 (+2 Dex, +3 ring); Melee longsword +20/+15/+10 (1d8+4/crit 19-20); SA favored enemy (orcs); SV Fort +13, Ref +11, Will +19; AL NG; Str 12, Dex 14, Con 10, Int 13, Wis 19[23], Cha 16.
Skills and feats: Diplomacy +27, Gather Information +13, Heal +24, Intuit Direction +11, Knowledge (geography) +11, Knowledge(history) +7, Listen +9, Ride +7, Sense Motive +15, Spot +9, Spellcraft +13, Wilderness Lore +11; Dodge, Favored Enemy Strike, Mobility, Mounted Combat, Leadership, Quicken Spell, Skill Focus(diplomacy), Track, Weapon Focus (longsword).
Equipment: +3 longsword, Vilya (Ring of Air, Ring of Sapphire), cloak of resistance +3, periapt of wisdom +4.
Spells (6/7+1/6+1/5+1/4+1/3+1/2+1): Domains (Healing, Protection)
Background: During the Third Age Elrond became the keeper of Vilya, a father of three, and a member of the White Council. His skill in healing was matched only by his diplomacy and leadership.

Comments?
Derek
P.S. Used Monte Cook's ranger
P.P.S. Thanks Baron!

Last edited:

Red Baron

First Post
Just a quicky, and I'm sure it's a simple oversight: You have Elrond's CR as 13 in both the second and third (con)versions...

Edit: ...Otherwise, it looks great... ;)

Last edited:

GruTheWanderer

First Post
Galadriel: Three versions

I'll bump the thread with my versions of Galadriel (First, Second, and Third Age). I made her a sorceror (which helped limit the spells), and am most interested in feedback about her spell list at level 20 (although other comments are welcome).

-Derek

Galadriel in the First Age
-------------------------------
Galadriel, female elf (Noldor) Sor8: CR 8; Medium-size (6’6”); HD 8d4; hp 24; Init +2 (+2 Dex); Spd 30 ft.; AC 12 (+2 Dex); SV Fort +4, Ref +6, Will +11; AL CG; Str 8, Dex 15, Con 10, Int 16[20], Wis 12, Cha 17.
Skills and feats: Concentration +11, Knowledge (arcane, local) +16, Scry +16, Spellcraft +16; Iron Will, Spell Focus (enchantment).
Equipment: cloak of resistance +2, headband of intellect +4.
Spells per Day (6/6/6/5/3): 0 – Dancing Lights, Daze, Detect Magic, Flare, Ghost Sound, Light, Mending, Prestidigitation, Resistance. 1st – Charm Person, Identify, Shield, Sleep, Unseen Servant. 2nd – Endurance, Detect Thoughts, Whispering Wind. 3rd –Protection from Elements, Suggestion. 4th – Emotion.
Background: Born in Valinor, Galadriel traveled to Middle Earth with her brothers across the grinding ice of the Helcaraxë. Making a home in Doriath, she married Celeborn.

Galadriel in the Second Age
----------------------------------
Galadriel, female elf (Noldor) Sor15: CR 15; Medium-size (6’6”); HD 15d4; hp 45; Init +2 (+2 Dex); Spd 30 ft.; AC 12 (+2 Dex); SV Fort +5, Ref +7, Will +12; AL CG; Str 8, Dex 15, Con 10, Int 16[20], Wis 12, Cha 18[22].
Skills and feats: Concentration +18, Knowledge (arcane, history, local, nature) +14, Scry +23, Spellcraft +23; Iron Will, Leadership, Spell Focus (enchantment), Spell Penetration.
Equipment: Elessar (Elfstone), Nenya (Ring of Adamant, Ring of Water), cloak of charisma +4, headband of intellect +4.
Spells per Day (6/6/6/6/6/6/6/4): 0 – Dancing Lights, Daze, Detect Magic, Flare, Ghost Sound, Light, Mending, Prestidigitation, Resistance. 1st – Charm Person, Identify, Shield, Sleep, Unseen Servant. 2nd – Endurance, Detect Thoughts, Glitterdust, Misdirection, Whispering Wind. 3rd – Nondetection, Protection from Elements, Slow, Suggestion. 4th – Emotion, Hallucinatory Terrain, Remove Curse, Solid Fog. 5th – Feeblemind, Mind Fog, Persistent Image, Rary’s Telepathic Bond. 6th – Control Weather, Greater Dispelling, True Seeing. 7th – Greater Scrying, Vision.
Background: Declining the opportunity to return to Aman, Galadriel and Celeborn moved east, first into Eregion and later into Lorien. From Celebrimbor she received both the Elfstone and the Ring of Water.

Galadriel in the Third Age
--------------------------------
Galadriel, female elf (Noldor) Sor20: CR 20; Medium-size (6’6”); HD 20d4; hp 60; Init +2 (+2 Dex); Spd 30 ft.; AC 12 (+2 Dex); SV Fort +6, Ref +8, Will +16; AL CG; Str 8, Dex 15, Con 10, Int 16[20], Wis 12[14], Cha 20[26].
Skills and feats: Concentration +23, Knowledge (arcane, history, local, nature) +17, Scry +28, Spellcraft +26; Iron Will, Leadership, Silent Spell, Spell Focus (enchantment), Spell Penetration.
Equipment: Elessar (Elfstone), Nenya (Ring of Adamant, Ring of Water), cloak of charisma +6, headband of intellect +4, periapt of wisdom +2.
Spells per Day (6/6/6/6/6/6/6/6/6/6)
Background: Galadriel and Celeborn became Lady and Lord of Lothlorien, maintaining a refuge there until the end of the Third Age.

0 – Dancing Lights, Daze, Detect Magic, Flare, Ghost Sound, Light, Mending, Prestidigitation, Resistance.

1st – Charm Person, Identify, Shield, Sleep, Unseen Servant.

2nd – Endurance, Detect Thoughts, Glitterdust, Misdirection, Whispering Wind.

3rd – Nondetection, Protection from Elements, Slow, Suggestion.

4th – Emotion, Hallucinatory Terrain, Remove Curse, Solid Fog.

5th – Feeblemind, Mind Fog, Persistent Image, Rary’s Telepathic Bond.

6th – Control Weather, Greater Dispelling, True Seeing.

7th – Greater Scrying, Power Word (Stun), Vision.

8th – Antipathy, Mind Blank, Protection from Spells.

9th – Dominate Monster, Time Stop, Wish.

Last edited:

Wolfspider

Explorer
Good work, Gru.

Except one thing. Galadriel's not male. :eek:

That's just a rumor that Feanor spread about her when they were kids. ;)

Last edited:

Red Baron

First Post
<Snorting orange juice out your nose is, even at the most appropriate of moments -- if there are such times -- an unpleasant proposition.>

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases