Middle Earth d20 Site

ColonelHardisson

What? Me Worry?
Nobody is more stunned about it than me. Thanks to any and all who voted for me. I'm really humbled by your support.

qstor - Y'know, I have Front Page Express, as well as Dreamweaver. That's what's embarassing. I can edit stuff that I create (very simplistic), but everytime I've tried to mess with the site pages, I manage to screw it up. Yes, I can be a bonehead, I admit. But, thanks for the suggestion - or, as my prison guard friend says: "Good lookin' out."

ColonelHardisson

What? Me Worry?
Hey guys -

I posted about this on the Yahoo group. I am asking that anyone who wants material posted to the ME d20 conversion site, to please post it here first, or at the Yahoo group. The reason being (which I forgot to mention over there) is that I would like the material to be looked over before we post it. The recent concerns raised would be eliminated with a bit of pre-posting discussion of material.

Thanks.

Last edited:

ColonelHardisson

What? Me Worry?
I also wanted to let everyone know that my involvement with the site is going to decrease over the next couple of months. This is primarily due to the fact that I'm beginning to become busier with non-game related stuff, and also due to my role as an ENnies judge.

I will continue to do character and artifact write-ups, and eventually location descriptions, campaign ideas (something I know that at least a few have asked for), and maybe an adventure or two. It's just that the pace will become slower.

We have a lot of stuff on the site, and submissions are slowing down. The next film won't be for several months, and I'm assuming that interest in the site will begin to pick up in the fall and winter as the second film approaches release. So we're in good shape for now. I plan, at this time, to become a lot more active when the next film comes out, just to help meet the need people will have for material.

I'd like to thank everyone for their support for this site. I'd especially like to thank Palcadon for stepping up to the plate and getting it up and running. He's been extremely busy with real-world stuff, so I applaud him even more for his efforts.

This is beginning to sound like I'm saying "goodbye," but I'm not. I just won't be as active and vocal as I have been. Continue posting, since stuff will be added to the site - we want to be way ahead of the curve when the next film hits theaters.

lobo

First Post
New Class please review for posting on Middle Earth Site

The below class is a non spell casting Ranger. Some charaters are very good woodsman but certainly have no spell casting ability. The below class solves this problem. A multiclassed character could certainly do many things along the same lines but the class below allows for better wilderness flavor.

Wilderness Warrior:

Alignment: Any.
Hit Die: As PHB Ranger
Class Skills: As PHB Ranger including bluff and sense motive
Weapon and Armor Proficiency: AS PHB Ranger
Saves: As PHB Ranger
BAB: As PHB Ranger
Special Enemy Table: As PHB with the ability to switch-out favored enemy bonuses

Level Special
----- ------------
1 Track, 1st favored enemy, survival
2 bonus feat
4 bonus combat feat
5 2nd favored enemy
7 bonus feat
10 3rd favored enemy, bonus combat feat
13 bonus feat
15 4th favored enemy
16 bonus combat feat
19 bonus feat
20 5th favored enemy

Track: A Wilderness Warrior gains Track as a bonus feat.

Survivor: A Wilderness Warrior gains a bonus of +2 initiative +2 Wilderness lore.

Favored Enemy: As PHB Ranger with exception to the added switch-out ability. The favored enemy switch-out ability allows the Wilderness Warrior to trade different levels of special enemy bonuses. For example a 15th level Ranger could switch his first favored enemy bonus to a new selection upon obtaining level 15.

Bonus Feats: A Wilderness Warrior gains a bonus feat at levels: (2, 7, 13, 19). These bonus feats must be drawn from the following list: Alertness, Animal Affinity, Endurance, Extra Favored Enemy, Favored Enemy Critical, Favored Enemy Strike, Forester, Great Fortitude, Horsemanship, Iron Will, Lightning Reflexes, Run, Sharp Eyed, Skill Focus, Stealthy, and Supernatural Blow.

Bonus Combat Feats: Same as Fighter bonus feats in the PHB, these feats are gained at levels: (4, 10, 16).

A Wilderness Warrior must still meet all prerequisites for a feat, including ability score and base attack bonus minimums.

* Wilderness Warrior Bonus Feat Clarifications:

Alertness (+2 Listen +2 Spot),
Animal Affinity (+2 Animal Empathy +2 Animal Handling),
Forester (+2 Wilderness Lore, +2 knowledge Nature),
Horsemanship (+2 Handle Animal + 2 Ride)
Sharp Eyed (+2 Search +2 Spot),
Stealthy (+2 Move Silently +2 Hide)

Skill Focus: the Wilderness Warrior may receive a +3 competence bonus to any Wilderness Warrior class skill.

GruTheWanderer

First Post
Some critters

Hi All,

Thought I'd bump the thread with some creatures. First the trolls I'm using in the Numenor Campaign. They start at roughly hill giant toughness and go up from there.

Lesser Trolls: CR 7; Large Giant; HD 12d8+48; hp 102; Init -1 (Dex); Spd 40ft; AC 21 (-1 size, -1 Dex, +10 natural, +3 hide); Melee greatclub +16/+11 (2d6+10); Ranged rocks +8/+3 (2d6+7/range 120); Face/Reach 5x5/10; SQ darkvision, light sensitivity; AL NE; SV Fort +12, Ref +3, Will +6; Str 25, Dex 8, Con 18, Int 6, Wis 10, Cha 7.
Skills and Feats: Climb +9, Jump +9, Spot +4; Cleave, Power Attack, Iron Will, Sunder.
Equipment: hide armor, greatclub, 1d4 rocks.

Normal Trolls: CR 8; Large Giant; HD 14d8+70; hp 133; Init -1 (Dex); Spd 40ft; AC 22 (-1 size, -1 Dex, +11 natural, +3 hide); Melee greatspear +17/+12 (2d8+11); Ranged rocks +9/+4 (2d6+8/range 140); Face/Reach 5x5/10; SQ darkvision, light sensitivity; AL NE; SV Fort +14, Ref +3, Will +6; Str 27, Dex 8, Con 20, Int 6, Wis 10, Cha 7.
Skills and Feats: Climb +11, Jump +11, Spot +4; Cleave, Power Attack, Iron Will, Sunder.
Equipment: hide armor, greatspear, 2d4 rocks.

Greater Trolls: CR 10 Large Giant; HD 16d8+96; hp 168; Init -1 (Dex); Spd 40ft; AC 23 (-1 size, -1 Dex, +11 natural, +3 hide); Melee greatsword +21/+16/+11 (2d8+12); Ranged rocks +11/+6/+1 (2d6+9/range 160); Face/Reach 5x5/10; SQ darkvision, light sensitivity; AL NE; SV Fort +16, Ref +4, Will +7; Str 29, Dex 8, Con 22, Int 6, Wis 10, Cha 7.
Skills and Feats: Climb +13, Jump +13, Spot +4; Cleave, Power Attack, Iron Will, Sunder, Great Cleave.
Equipment: hide armor, greatsword, 2d4 rocks.

I haven't explained light sensitivity, but you all know what happens when they forget to go back inside before dawn.

Derek

Osric

First Post
Aw, Colonel, so many of your fans here care more about seeing more of your wisdom on things Middle-earthish than they care about the ENnies!

GruTheWanderer

First Post
An excellent idea from a friend

My friend is running a campaign in the Forgotten Realms, and suggested something that would work well for Middle Earth. He's going to use Worgs as an enemy race, and give them character levels. I tried his approach out, and it makes excellent enemies. Consider the following four examples:

Bbn2 Worgs: CR 4; Medium-size Magical Beast; HD 4d10+2d12+12; hp 48; Init +2 (Dex); Spd 70ft; AC 14[12] (+2 Dex, +2 natural); Melee bite +9[11]/+4[6] (1d6+4[6]); SA trip, rage; SQ scent, uncanny dodge; AL NE; SV Fort +8, Ref +6, Will +3; Str 17, Dex 15, Con 15, Int 6, Wis 14, Cha 10.
Skills and Feats: Hide +7, Listen +11, Move Silently +7, Spot +9, Wilderness Lore +4; Alertness, Power Attack.

Rgr2 Worgs: CR 4; Medium-size Magical Beast; HD 4d10+2d8+12; hp 44; Init +2 (Dex); Spd 50ft; AC 14 (+2 Dex, +2 natural); Melee bite +10/+5 (1d6+4); SA trip; SQ scent; AL NE; SV Fort +9, Ref +9, Will +3; Str 17, Dex 15, Con 15, Int 6, Wis 14, Cha 10.
Skills and Feats: Hide +11, Listen +9, Move Silently +11, Spot +9, Wilderness Lore +2; Alertness, Favored Enemy Strike, Track, Weapon Focus (bite).

Sor2 Worgs: CR 4; Medium-size Magical Beast; HD 4d10+2d4+12; hp 39; Init +2 (Dex); Spd 50ft; AC 14 (+2 Dex, +2 natural); Melee bite +8 (1d6+4); SA trip; SQ scent; AL NE; SV Fort +6, Ref +6, Will +6; Str 17, Dex 15, Con 15, Int 6, Wis 14, Cha 12.
Skills and Feats: Concentration +4, Hide +7, Listen +9, Move Silently +7, Spot +9, Wilderness Lore +2; Alertness, Combat Casting.
Spells per Day (6/5): 0 – Daze, Flare, Resistance, Detect Magic. 1st – Select one of the following combos:
First Combo: Chill Touch (Fort), Ray of Enfeeblement (Fort)
Second Combo: Mage Armor, Color Spray (Will)
Third Combo: Protection from Good, Grease (Reflex)

Drd2 Worgs: CR 4; Medium-size Magical Beast; HD 4d10+2d8+12; hp 43; Init +2 (Dex); Spd 50ft; AC 14 (+2 Dex, +2 natural); Melee bite +7 (1d6+4); SA trip; SQ scent; AL NE; SV Fort +9, Ref +6, Will +6; Str 17, Dex 15, Con 15, Int 6, Wis 14, Cha 10.
Skills and Feats: Concentration +6, Hide +7, Listen +9, Move Silently +7, Spot +9, Wilderness Lore +2; Alertness, Combat Casting.
Spells Prepared (5/3) 0 – Flare (x2), Resistance, Cure Minor Wounds (x2). 1st – Select one of the following combos:
First Combo: Faerie Fire, Obscuring Mist, Magic Fang
Second Combo: Invisibility to Animals, Entangle, Endure Elements
Third Combo: Magic Fang, Cure Light Wounds, Endure Elements

Let me know what you think.
Derek

Remove ads