D&D 5E [GUIDE] The Sorlock – Guide to the tormented divine soul with Xanathar's Divine Soul(17)+Hexblade(3) [Updated 12/20/21]

FrogReaver

As long as i get to be the frog
So +2 CHA outperforms every other feat except eleven accuracy? This is my first character/game of D&D, sorry for lack of knowledge here.

There's only a handful of feats I would recommend for a cha pure caster. Alert, Inspiring Leader, Lucky, Actor.

I'm not sure if +2 charisma is better than all of those but it's really good. Any of those options are good. Pick the one that interests you most.

MotoMkali

First Post
Lordrage1983 couldn't reply with quotes for some reason
If you do some role playing you might be able to convince the gm to give you additional charisma through a quest for you patron. Maybe destroying a rival artefact or getting revenge for a fellow devotee etc. Plus most of the other characters could have similar things i.e. Paladins and clerics doing a quest for there deities, a druid or ranger rescuing an area of woodland, a fighter could fight in a war, a Barbarian could go on a rampage for his tribe/get revenge for his family, rogue do some things related to there path assassin thievery etc., wizard finding a journal and unlocking its secrets, a sorcerer finding a source of their bloodline origin. Bard? I'm not sure on maybe some kind of pied piper thing?

Last edited:

GrimNemesis

First Post
Hi I was currently a level 2 Sorcerer and following this build. Now I have few questions since I just started playing 5E and my background to this game is very limited.

Sourcebooks:
Player's Handbook
Xanathar's Guide to Everything
Mordenkainen's Tome of Foes
Volo's Guide to Monsters

1. I accidentally picked Shield as one of my Level 1 spells, little did I know that I can actually get that via Multiclass Warlock 1. Do I still have a way to learn another spell in lieu for this? I don't think my DM will allow me to retrain, despite that this spell is really good, I just feel like I wasted 1 magic for getting this very early. Are there any alternatives/work around that I can do about this?

2. I saw on OP's sample path that there are +(spells) together with -(spells), what does the minus means? is it actually remove a certain spell and add a new one?

3. the out of combat sorc point <> spell slot conversion, is it actually doable? since both sorc points and spell slots have their respective maximum number of points/slots? that I find it doable only after combat in preparation for next combat after a short rest?

4. Please advice more tips on lower level sorcerer gaming while my warlock side is yet to come. TIA.

Last edited:

Benny89

First Post
Wouldn't Elemental Adept feat (fire) be great here to combo with Draconic Sorcerer? It removes resistance to fire from all enemies on your spells, making suddenly GFB, Fireball, Schorching Ray not only get +5 damage but also ignore fire resistance.

Last edited:

GrimNemesis

First Post
Going 5 levels of sorcerer seems to be the ideal route in my opinion, you get the lvl 4 ASI and fireball at level 5.

I keep on seeing this, but let me ask:
Isn't getting Elven Accuracy feat on Sorc4 be better over an ASI?

Of course this is assuming that:
1. We are using Half-Elf and,
2. 8 STR, 13 DEX, 15 CON, 8 INT, 12 WIS, 15 CHA pointbuy

Upon reaching Sorc4, we either get to pump CHA @ 19 via ASI or @ 18 via Elven Accuracy. Let me know if I missed out something on 18 vs 19 CHA @ Sorc 4 where we have same checks being both +4 on ability modifier.

FrogReaver

As long as i get to be the frog
I keep on seeing this, but let me ask:
Isn't getting Elven Accuracy feat on Sorc4 be better over an ASI?

Of course this is assuming that:
1. We are using Half-Elf and,
2. 8 STR, 13 DEX, 15 CON, 8 INT, 12 WIS, 15 CHA pointbuy

Upon reaching Sorc4, we either get to pump CHA @ 19 via ASI or @ 18 via Elven Accuracy. Let me know if I missed out something on 18 vs 19 CHA @ Sorc 4 where we have same checks being both +4 on ability modifier.

I’ve always liked the 8 15 15 8 10 14 starting stats that half elf boosts to 8 16 16 8 10 16.

Helps starting ac, initiative and stealth compared to elven accuracy and wisdom bonus.

In my experience Getting advantage on ranged attacks is rare. On top of that, there’s many turns you will be casting a spell with no attack roll instead of attacking and elven accuracy does nothing for that.

As such I can’t say the elven accuracy path is the pure straight up optimized winner. I think the 16 dex 16 con path has equal merits. Both are extremely good though.

GrimNemesis

First Post
As such I can’t say the elven accuracy path is the pure straight up optimized winner. I think the 16 dex 16 con path has equal merits. Both are extremely good though.
i agree that it'll reward good AC and Init especially at lower levels, does this finish at 20 CHA? With what +1CHA feat are the usual aside from elven accuracy?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases